Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

#2 draft pick to Adelaide for Sloane? Or keep it for Aish (supposably)?

I really hope your being sarcastic.

Of course I'm being sarcastic hahaha. We could get a million times better than him. I have high hope we can get someone who will change the Melbourne Footy Club and get us more than just 2 lousy wins on the board. We have a set forward line, a good-growing backline, just need to get something for our mids... We also have a player called James Magner who could be real handy too, ever heard of him? Me neither.

Of course I'm being sarcastic hahaha. We could get a million times better than him. I have high hope we can get someone who will change the Melbourne Footy Club and get us more than just 2 lousy wins on the board. We have a set forward line, a good-growing backline, just need to get something for our mids... We also have a player called James Magner who could be real handy too, ever heard of him? Me neither.
:D Just checking, I think we have all gone a little mad over the past year.

Yeah I agree, should be a great forward line and a decent back line, so now we just need to focus on securing some talented mids. Lets hope next year we wont have pick two to worry about trading.

Pick 2 and watts for sloane and Mackay?

Just spit balling here , I think unless we get overs we may aswell draft another kid to go in there an try an see if we can develop terlich jones and other guys into the midfield
Maybe draft another couple of vfl/sanfl recruits

:D Just checking, I think we have all gone a little mad over the past year.

Yeah I agree, should be a great forward line and a decent back line, so now we just need to focus on securing some talented mids. Lets hope next year we wont have pick two to worry about trading.

If we start securing talented mids, keeping our greats (Frawley for example; St Kilda seem to be "highly interested", but as everything lately, it's a rumour), and our forwards in Dawes, Clark (especially), Hogan, Howe and even Fitzy, if they all stay fit and continue to grow in aspects, we could start looking like a very dangerous team. I'm hoping next year we start showing more aggression, but our time will finally come soon when we're actually good again. Yipee!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaharakis and Hurley may have told Essendon they want out.

I'd be happy to offer up our top pick for both, although we don't 'need' Hurley - I still view him as a pretty rare talent as a defender.

Zaharakis is clean in the drug scandal btw, Hurley's future is unsure.

Pick 2 might be unders for those two, but due to the speculation about players ability to void their contracts Essendon would jump at that surely?

Would anyone give up pick 2 for Zaha by himself? I'd definitely consider it.

I'd be happy to offer up our top pick for both, although we don't 'need' Hurley - I still view him as a pretty rare talent as a defender.

Pick 2 might be unders for those two, but due to the speculation about players ability to void their contracts Essendon would jump at that surely?

Some doubts that Zaka is a bit of down hill skier. Doesn't work hard enough the other way, but he is very good at what he does so I'm not opposed to getting him. Our key defender stocks aren't as good as they might seem. The quality really drops off after Frawley, McDonald and Garland so he too would be a great acquisition. Though, I can't see us outbidding someone like a St Kilda.

Pick 2 and watts for sloane and Mackay?

Just spit balling here , I think unless we get overs we may aswell draft another kid to go in there an try an see if we can develop terlich jones and other guys into the midfield
Maybe draft another couple of vfl/sanfl recruits
2 for Sloane is already very generous and Watts thrown in for a player that knocked us back 12 months ago and can't make the side... is well, not a good deal to say the least.

Can see Adelaide being interested in Watts though, but I can't see them parting away with anything of value to be honest.

I really hope your being sarcastic.
I actually wasn't. Might be slight covers but we could do worse than a books who has runs on the board at afl level. If he doesn't average> 20 pos 3 tackles and a few clearances I'll go he. CBF checking my facts (I know someone will be keen to prove me wrong here) most importantly no risk that we can't develop him. In this case he is ready to go

2 for Sloane is already very generous and Watts thrown in for a player that knocked us back 12 months ago and can't make the side... is well, not a good deal to say the least.

Can see Adelaide being interested in Watts though, but I can't see them parting away with anything of value to be honest.

Well normally i would expect them to throw a pick back out way but they don't have anything , it seems unlikely they would so sloane for 2 but who knows , I guess it depends if we want a midfielder more or they want a first round pick

Is he worth 2 on his own though ? 2 is potentially the next cotchin selwood or Ablett , zaka is a good player and something we desperately need but 2 straight up? I'm not sure .. I think I'd want another player from them as well

Zaharakis is a good player but certainly not worth pick 2 of course... For a start he is fairly injury-prone, last year was wrecked with calf and hammy injuries and this year hasn't been a heap better.

I think if the rumoured penalties set to be imposed on Essendon include being banned from 1st & 2nd rounds of 2013 & 2014 drafts, the AFL will have an easier task in awarding MFC a PP. The 1st round would not have Adelaide or Essendon included but GWS have a mid 1st round compo pick, meaning there are 17 first round picks.

I think that PP will now be a start of 2nd round pick.
It would then be either #18 or #19(depending on whether the GC compo pick is an end of 1st or start of 2nd round pick).

I think the AFL will then be seen to awarding MFC a PP without totalling upsetting the rest of the AFL with a start of round 1 selection.

MFC need to address our midfield & #18/19 should certainly help that area or be used for midfield trades

Adelaide VERY interested in Watts, going to be paying overs. Source: Adelaide club doctor (family friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back