2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just 9 live picks to go in the BF Phantom Draft before Quigley selects for Brisbane at 67.
With few opportunities and such a late first selection this year, it will be interesting to see whether Mr. Q pulls one out of left field - he usually does (Div 2 bolter on the cards ??????).

Out of interest, there have been no major surprises to date (maybe where taken, but not who). If the real thing plays out similarly, there may still be a few good options available to Brisbane's Recruiting team.

From my "board", I still have available:
Med Defender - Daniel Capiron
(Short) Tall Defender - Hugh Beasley (Patfull type replacement ??)
Sm/Med Defender - Jason Castagna (I think he would supply the sort of run off Half Back that suits Leppa's game plan)
Mids:
Jordan Cunico (outside)
Matt Goodyear (inside)
Billy Gowers (Lions connection - son of Andy)

(Of course, all could go in the 9 picks left before 67).

Interestingly, Matt Hammelmann not yet taken.........

Yeh from all my reading and such, would love Beasley and as you mentioned looks like a a like for like replacement for JPat, it think he has been listed around that 191cm mark. so not going to be a KPD could fill a valuable down back

I favour Hammelmann. I know its unlikely that we would go with him but I really do rate him and think at this stage he would be a very good pick. If Hammelmann was gone I was going to go with Coughlan who I like quite a lot as well.

I favour Hammelmann. I know its unlikely that we would go with him but I really do rate him and think at this stage he would be a very good pick. If Hammelmann was gone I was going to go with Coughlan who I like quite a lot as well.

Have to agree he is a good pick here.
I must admit I had forgotten about "Hammer" - filed him away for a Rookie selection once he was passed over at Academy Noms.

Would really like to know what the "knock" is on him - I guess you have to trust the judgement of those who have been close to him over the journey.
(But hard to work it out from Amateur Recruiting resources)

I must admit I had forgotten about "Hammer" - filed him away for a Rookie selection once he was passed over at Academy Noms.

Would really like to know what the "knock" is on him - I guess you have to trust the judgement of those who have been close to him over the journey.

As a swannies supporter I hope we are going to take beasley at 58 back up to Grundy and Richards and don't forget his match summary on Petracca early this year from Mad Monday show -

Hugh Beasley (Oakleigh Chargers)

Played at stages on Petracca, and thought he played quite well. Used his body well in 1v1 occasions, and had the speed to stay on him during a lead.

and he may go number 1 -
Lets hope we get in early before you guys best of luck

Can you still select Hammelman as a rookie should he be overlooked in the National Draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to think someone would pick him up before we got the chance to rookie him.

Yeah but we said the same thing about Archie Smith, Isaac Conway and Cain Tickner last year too.

FWIW Paige has come up with a kid called Teia Miles from the Falcons

Pick 67: Brisbane – Teia Miles

Position: Defender/midfielder
Height: 179 cm, Weight: 70 kg, DOB:
Club: Geelong Falcons
Projected draft range: late-rookie
Plays like: Lachie Neale

Interestingly has Hammellmann going to Carlton two picks earlier.

http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-6-0/

Quigley, you like your Div two boys, what are your thoughts on Tim Jones? Any info on him or where he is likely to go, national draft or rookie?

Ok Tonights stupid question, brought to you by Flossie32 - <clears throat> "Just looking at the Bound For Glory Phantom Draft tonight and notice that the Brisbane Lions are pick 65 - and incidentally we picked up Josh McGuinness from Lauderdale - Ol Floss here thought we were pick 67, did the BFG guys stuff up or did we some how drop 2 picks?".

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back