List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the sound of Keitel, anyone know where I could find some footage of him? Very promising how much he's grown this year, another couple of cms, while not essential, would be nice.

Please trade our first pick for GCs first rounders and take Keitel and Duggan, perfect result.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-11/eyecatchers-round-three

Theres some good footage of him here, I am very interested after seeing this, was also very very impressed with Pickett, his spread from the contest is exactly what we need. If we could somehow get both of them I would be stoked. Its a long shot though.

Theres some good footage of him here, I am very interested after seeing this, was also very very impressed with Pickett, his spread from the contest is exactly what we need. If we could somehow get both of them I would be stoked. Its a long shot though.

I think we'd need to sweeten the pot for GC, would take more then just our first
depending how good of a player, might get us three picks from GC (late pick that they'd not likely use)
still hoping our club keeps an open mind regarding the draft and just doesn't think to take any KPP that falls at our first pick

Also
Harrison Wigg (at about 2.20) ... looks exactly what we need off HB. Question is ... is he Lindsay Gilbee or Christian Howard?

I really liked the look of him, dogs fans would rightfully have their reservations about picking up a south australian left-footed half back who has an allegedly good kick :p the difference being that Howard never actually played in the U18 champs, unless I am mistaken?

Either way for anyone interested in who we might pick up with our 2nd/3rd pick he is worth a look, especially the last kick in that highlight reel, as a left footer myself I am prone to kicking with that hook action but he absolutely nails it, perfectly weighted pass.

I think we'd need to sweeten the pot for GC, would take more then just our first
depending how good of a player, might get us three picks from GC (late pick that they'd not likely use)
still hoping our club keeps an open mind regarding the draft and just doesn't think to take any KPP that falls at our first pick
Nah top 5 pick for two top 15 picks is fair enough, wouldn't be adding anything else and don't think GC would want our fringes tbh

Still want to trade down for Duggan and Kietel and try and get a second second rounder so we can get Langford and Laverde/Rainbow would give us a good couple of classy mids and two of the best young Forwards in this draft. Have to be aggressive in drafts that suite needs

1st Preference- find a way to get McCartin

>
>
>
>
<daylight>
>
>
Trade down to GC picks and take Duggan or Pickett and Keitel.

Option 2 is still a good one but we need a number 1 forward who is top 5 caliber and McCartin is the only one I would want this year. Watch Wright become a Kreuzer in 5 years. Still a good player - not a forward solution...

Easy finish 17th or 18th

now if we could just find a way to do that without getting accused of tanking

...perhaps, in the unlikely event that one of our leading goal-kcikers ruptures a pectoral muscle and we're crying out for a marking target in the goal square, we can upgrade an undersized, journeyman 3rd defender instead of one of the VFLs leading goal kickers???

Love the look of Harrison Wigg (think that's his name?) anyone know where he's rated? If we could pick a kid like that up late it would be fantastic.

Love the look of Harrison Wigg (think that's his name?) anyone know where he's rated? If we could pick a kid like that up late it would be fantastic.
that is indeed his name, I think maybe 3rd round onwards
has a number of similar traits to Battersby from last year, I wonder what his kick is like on his opposite
like someone said earlier, we might be iffy on SA with supposedly good kicks ;)

that is indeed his name, I think maybe 3rd round onwards
has a number of similar traits to Battersby from last year, I wonder what his kick is like on his opposite
like someone said earlier, we might be iffy on SA with supposedly good kicks ;)
Yeah I was a real fan of Battersby (where'd he end up, crows maybe?)

Id also like to know what he's like on his opposite, probably bad like most of those type I players :p

How tall is he

Yeah I was a real fan of Battersby (where'd he end up, crows maybe?)

Id also like to know what he's like on his opposite, probably bad like most of those type I players :p

How tall is he
Crows rookie

Wigg is 179cm I think, quite a lot of players around that height
wonder also how his other skills/abilities are

He might have a far more rounded game then Battersby, who knows but Battersby was AA yet went to the rookie draft for a reason
strange to me because he was already playing SANFL with the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bp6QpHjCIAAHDJo.png

Cheers. If we were fortunate enough to select him with our 3rd pick (which is becoming less likely considering his recent form), we would be in a very good position. As cynical as it sounds, we could be well advised to not let too many teams finish below us.
St Kilda will bone us like they did nominating Ayce Cordy... As if I didn't hate them for that prelim already.... :mad:

need a fast indigenous player do we? Jarrod Pickett; hes our man :p hope our club at least interviews him
can play anywhere bar KPP/Ruck :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back