List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with KPPs it can be expected, at least some of the time
on TAC Future stars they said how KPP and Outside midfielders are the least likely to succeed
Inside midfielders the most successful and general forwards/defenders next
I can't remember where the rucks rated

I wanted Goddard 6-7 months ago, but I just keep seeing more and thinking how we should be able to do better
I haven't seen enough of Durdin or Marchbank (think its easier to notice Goddard because of his light hair) I thought the Jack Watts comparisons were a bit silly though, sure he is an athletic tall but he puts his body over the ball and attacks the contest

How so? Tall elusive midfielder? I think even GrandBlue would like the way Ellis kicks it ;)
Just the way he moves and he has the same step back inside and around the defender. I'd like to bet he's be a very good league footballer.

I think we may have to agree to disagree. It certainly is interesting though seeing other perspectives from different people.

I think Marchbank is a sound kick of the ball, and he has it over Goddard in both precision, kicking technique/action and more importantly decision making.

I think Marchbank has displayed better leading patterns as a forward (albeit with limited time there), and comes across as more of a general.

When I look at both skill sets that players have, I believe Marchbank's will transition better to the AFL (especially if he's said to have grown in height).

I wouldn't be unhappy with either though on our list, I think both have scope for further development (as most draftees do), I just see a more comfortable transition for Marchbank.

I think your opinion of Goddard/Jaksch being a good return is pretty spot on.

Isn't one of the things Marchbank gets wraps over, is he also has the ability to shut down an opponent one on one? Finding a defender who is good at shutting down, and also with the ball and rebounding is rare. Most are only good at one or the other

A Carlton win puts us in Brayshaw, wright , McCartin, Durdin, petraca territory.

If Brayshaw is the guy on the board, do we take him? Keen to hear more about him.

Not sure he fits the prototype for the player we will draft, even though apparently Macca said he doesn't believe in labeling mids as inside/outside Brayshaw is only 182cm and doesn't fit into the "tall mid" bracket also if we passed on Wines for Macrae AND Stringer who Brayshaw reminds me a lot of but not as good i think we would overlook Brayshaw. I personally really like him and rate him between Wines and Dunstan and if he was there at our pick and Petracca, McCartin, Wright and Durdin were gone he would be my clear pick.

Every time I've seen Brayshaw I've been left completely unimpressed. Don't understand the love about him, really.
I understand it, but if he was available at our pick, I wouldn't want him.

I think he'll be a very good AFL player, but the more I see him, the less I want him in the red, white and blue. Hope he goes well wherever he ends up, he's a nice bloke.

So Nathan and igloo, who would you guys take at pick 5 if the 3 talls and petraca are off the board?
I'm very keen on Laverde, personally. Can understand if others have no interest whatsoever, though.

Think he can be something special for us, would tie into what we've got beautifully.

So Nathan and igloo, who would you guys take at pick 5 if the 3 talls and petraca are off the board?
Not the best person to ask as I really don't like this draft. But like Nathan, probably Laverde. You can see him being a really good AFL player. With a lot of players in this draft, I can't see that.

A Carlton win puts us in Brayshaw, wright , McCartin, Durdin, petraca territory.

If Brayshaw is the guy on the board, do we take him? Keen to hear more about him.

Heard we are very keen on Brayshaw. He's quick, has time of under 2.90 seconds over 20m, neat skills and an excellent work rate. I dare say we would take him if available.

Not sure we are as keen on Durdin as some, but I could be wrong.

i like Brayshaw. quite a complete player that you can slot into the team in a variety of roles which we like. his hardness and good disposal would give us flexibility. not overly flashy though so you can see why people aren´t sold. his disposals not elite either. it´s just good, but very dual sided. surely we`re better off trading that pick though

i like Brayshaw. quite a complete player that you can slot into the team in a variety of roles which we like. his hardness and good disposal would give us flexibility. not overly flashy though so you can see why people aren´t sold. his disposals not elite either. it´s just good, but very dual sided. surely we`re better off trading that pick though

I'd rather us trade that pick as well. Have a good crack at securing a key forward or trade it for a good young player + pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he fits the prototype for the player we will draft, even though apparently Macca said he doesn't believe in labeling mids as inside/outside Brayshaw is only 182cm and doesn't fit into the "tall mid" bracket also if we passed on Wines for Macrae AND Stringer who Brayshaw reminds me a lot of but not as good i think we would overlook Brayshaw. I personally really like him and rate him between Wines and Dunstan and if he was there at our pick and Petracca, McCartin, Wright and Durdin were gone he would be my clear pick.

I thought Brayshaw was 187cm.

Also, whilst Carlton's win was good last night, they would have to win a couple more difficult games to finish above us...

Someone asked KM to rank the 2013 and 2014 draft. Thought it was interesting, obviously Its just one persons opinion but its interesting he rates Brayshaw ahead of Petracca, Aish, Billings, Martin etc. He rates KPP's very highly but has Durdin at 20 so obviously doesn't rate him that highly.

Given the knowledge I have today of what the 2013 boys are doing I'd go with a top 20 power rankings for 2013/2014 of.

1. Thomas Boyd
2. Marcus Bontempelli
3. Peter Wright
4. Patrick McCartin
5. Jesse Hogan
6. Isaac Heeney
7. Angus Brayshaw
8. Christian Petracca
9. James Aish
10. Jack Billings
11. Matthew Scharenberg
12. Luke McDonald
13. Kade Kolodjashnij
14. Jack Martin
15. Jayden Laverde
16. Paul Ahern
17. Darcy Moore
18. Blake Acres
19. Caleb Marchbank
20. Sam Durdin

Someone asked KM to rank the 2013 and 2014 draft. Thought it was interesting, obviously Its just one persons opinion but its interesting he rates Brayshaw ahead of Petracca, Aish, Billings, Martin etc. He rates KPP's very highly but has Durdin at 20 so obviously doesn't rate him that highly.
Bonti at 2. Nice

Lavarde a dogs supporter by the looks of things, very nice.

Oh wait, maybe not. Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back