2014 SC - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tagged as well, but it didn't come up on my notifications. I only found it by chance because I saw the the topic title in the sub-forum link. You might want to look into that.
It's been reported in mod forums already previously from memory. I'll post up again to notify the powers that be :thumbsu:

Jiska Can also tell you that the tagging in the leagues thread did not work
Apparently it's because I posted up an empty post and then edited it and added the tags. Tags only work when the original post is put up?

plenty on here finished top 500, but the more that help and improve everyone the better.

keep posting! :thumbsu:

All i am saying is for people who are gambling on mid-priced players, forget it. not worth the drama. Stack the midfield with proven stars. Murphy & Beams the exception.... Take 3 stars in the defence and forward then pick your rookies wisely. Don't waste your time with the top 10 draft picks. Exception- Luke McDonald (because rookie defenders are gold).
No point picking mid-range players when you will trade them out eventually, better investing into rookies, making the cash and upgrading to stars.
Obviously the midfield is where majority of your points come from, so this needs to be the focus.

The Guns and Rooks strategy is by far the best and most proven way dominate Supercoach.

Your welcome. ;)

All i am saying is for people who are gambling on mid-priced players, forget it. not worth the drama. Stack the midfield with proven stars. Murphy & Beams the exception.... Take 3 stars in the defence and forward then pick your rookies wisely. Don't waste your time with the top 10 draft picks. Exception- Luke McDonald (because rookie defenders are gold).
No point picking mid-range players when you will trade them out eventually, better investing into rookies, making the cash and upgrading to stars.
Obviously the midfield is where majority of your points come from, so this needs to be the focus.

The Guns and Rooks strategy is by far the best and most proven way dominate Supercoach.

Your welcome. ;)

Yes, the midfield is where the majority of points come from, it is also where the majority of the rookie cash is generated. By stacking the midfield with 6+ premo's and only having 3 premo's in Def & Fwds you are over relying on your Def and Fwd rookies for your upgrade cash. And since mid rookies traditionally make more cash and faster than Def or Fwd rookies, teams who start with only 4-5 mid premo's will end up with a complete team faster than those with a stacked premo midfield. Also, I don't believe you will score any more points in the early rounds with a stacked midfield if it comes at the expense of the other lines, as the mid rookies will score better than rookies in other positions thus nullifying any advantage you may have score wise in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the midfield is where the majority of points come from, it is also where the majority of the rookie cash is generated. By stacking the midfield with 6+ premo's and only having 3 premo's in Def & Fwds you are over relying on your Def and Fwd rookies for your upgrade cash. And since mid rookies traditionally make more cash and faster than Def or Fwd rookies, teams who start with only 4-5 mid premo's will end up with a complete team faster than those with a stacked premo midfield. Also, I don't believe you will score any more points in the early rounds with a stacked midfield if it comes at the expense of the other lines, as the mid rookies will score better than rookies in other positions thus nullifying any advantage you may have score wise in the midfield.
^^ this..

Cash generation is the key for later in the season. It's a balancing act.

Yeah and by that stage you are already 1500 point behind the #1 ranked player. If you are trying to win your grand final thats a great. But if your in it to try win the 50K or even just play for ranking then you HAVE to stack the midfield.

Yeah and by that stage you are already 1500 point behind the #1 ranked player. If you are trying to win your grand final thats a great. But if your in it to try win the 50K or even just play for ranking then you HAVE to stack the midfield.

Last year I kept tabs on what players all the top 10-20 ranked teams had in the early rounds and all of them had only 3-5 premo mids.

To be successful in overall you need to have a complete Midfield ASAP through upgrading. Not from day 1.

Last edited:
To be successful in overall you need to have a complete Midfield ASAP through upgrading. Not from day 1.

mature aged rookies are the way to go 90% of the time. More margins to be made. thats how you make the required cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
mature aged rookies are the way to go 90% of the time. More margins to be made. thats how you make the required cash.

Everyone will have all the same mature aged rookies. There's only so many of them. :rainbow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Your welcome. ;)

previous winners starting sides would tend to disagree, its the trades you make and when you make them that seperates everyone.
Most serious SCers have similar set ups / sides to begin with, either holding or trading is when the changes in pecking order occur.

IIRC (and i could be wrong) - didnt the last 3 winners have no trades left with 2 or 3 rounds to go.

Guns n Rookies has served me well also - but this assumes there are sufficient rookies to pick from, heres hoping someone appears rapidly

really , who from the midfield last season was a mature age? Omeara? Wines?? - pretty sure they made the most cash by a significant amount

really , who from the midfield last season was a mature age? Omeara? Wines?? - pretty sure they made the most cash by a significant amount
Not all last season, but......

Barlow
Goodes (B)
Pods
Zorko

Plenty of others in the last TWO years, but not SC relevant.

FWIW I agree with the angle you're taking on the response to the latest "thetradesman", but to dismiss mature-age players flat out is a bit of a stretch.

Barlow
Goodes (B)
Pods
Zorko

FWIW I agree with the angle you're taking on the response to the latest "thetradesman", but to dismiss mature-age players flat out is a bit of a stretch.

never dismissed them, just the notion of the 90%% shit that dribbled out.

seriously just pick the best rookies who will make the most cash early on, no long burners, fast and furious cash grabbing and upgrading is the game

Barlow
Goodes (B)
Pods
Zorko

Blivcas (who'd have thought yet everyone was on him)
Nicholls (b4 getting injured)

Best post of the day award.

Gingy you da man! :thumbsu:

Am I the only one having a problem with the trade, captain etc buttons for each player not showing up on my ipad? About a week ago the structure of my field display in the midfield changed from 2 lines of 4, to 2 lines of 3 and another 2 below, only on my iPad, and since then the buttons have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back