List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

People on here are offering unrealistic trades for cameron.

If a trade was to eventuate it would be similar to the Chris Judd trade which was pick 3, 20 and Josh Kennedy. Hes the most talented KPF since Carey who won AA in his 2nd season.

A trade would be on the lines of;
Pick 6 (1st draft pick)
Pick 20 equivalent (Jeff Garlett)
Player (Menzel/ Yarran)

Considering they wanted Gibbs or Kreuzer + first pick for pick 1 last year. I'd expect they'd want more for Cameron given he is proven quality.
I would consider Kreuzer and 1st rounder if we had a reasonable back up option and a young exciting developing ruckman also.

Not sure we can seriously consider trading him when we don't have either and he signed on with us refusing a more lucrative deal from GWS previously.

Heath Shaw provides leadership?

;)

Unbelieveable I know - but he's in their leadership group :eek:

[/QUOTE] As a complete hypothetical, would the Saints take (say) Bell and 7 for pick 3? We'd be overpaying IMO (Bell is worth more than an upgrade of 4 spots on the draft table, but you get my jist).[/QUOTE]

Can't see any way the Saints would do that deal - they'll use pick 3 on the best tall they can to replace Riewoldt or try and put a package together to lure Cameron. IUnlikely any of the top 3 or 4 rated talls will still be available at pick 7.

If it's going to cost hendo Gibbs and a pick I'd rather tank force the PSD.
Normally I'm totally against tanking and think it's counter productive to building a winning mentality but for Cameron it would be worth it

So pick #3 and an upgrade of 13 picks to the second round for Cameron - a 21y.o KPP who you could argue is the best forward in the comp and has proven a lot in his short career, and pick 38?

Josh Kennedy, pick 3 and a 26 pick upgrade (from 46 to 20) got us Chris freaking Judd. Browlow medallist, Norm Smith, premiership captain B and F; the works.

Explain why pick #3 and an upgrade of 13 picks wouldnt get us Cameron? Remember, most Eagles didnt even want Kennedy at the time, and many (not all) werent unhappy to see him go. He was considered a sweetener at the time. Turns out he was the best part of that deal for the Eagles. Shit we could throw in Watson and the deal is virtually identical to the Judd trade. (and remember, its at the very least arguable that we paid too much back then, even for Judd)

FWIW, if GWS they dont blink, then fine. We take pick 3 to and 25 to the draft, and Cameron walks out on the club next year for nothing (or at the very least, a lot less).

You're dreaming. This kid could be the best forward of the next 10 years. It's going to take more than picks (something that GWS have had plenty of) to get him.

Actually they dont want quantity, they want quality. They have to shrink the list again this year. They would rather be upgrading picks and getting in as low into the draft as they can, than getting fringe players or mid round picks (that they wont use).

If I was list manager for GWS I would be looking to get back into the first round this year and get in heavily. They need KPD's and Mids (which there are tons of at the pointy end of this years draft). KPF's they have in spades.

Id also be looking at established gun FA KPD's.

Not sure what Bell trade value Is. Project player who gets injured whenever he gets momentum going in his game.

Like a number of onballers we have in our squad, he'd attract at most a 3rd or 4th rounder. Best packaged as a pick upgrade.

In that list I include the likes of Armfield, Robinson, Cachia, Curnow, Mclean etc. Mature ball players but nothing other clubs don't have a few of.

Can't see any way the Saints would do that deal - they'll use pick 3 on the best tall they can to replace Riewoldt or try and put a package together to lure Cameron. Unlikely any of the top 3 or 4 rated talls will still be available at pick 7.

GWS dont need any more KPFs and arguably neither do Melbourne (who IMO have a more pressing need for Mids). Brisbane will be looking for a Brown replacement, and the Saints for a Roo replacement (then again both those sides have holes all over the shop, so beats me which way theyll go). Doggies could use another tall also.

From what I'm hearing there will be ample talls/ KPP's left come pick 7 in this years draft.

With Cameron now having experience at both ends of the ground would love to get him to the Blues to team up with Lachie so they can be our sultans of swing....
And duigan doesnt mind, if he doesnt make the scene - he's got a daytime job - he's doin allright.

GWS got Cameron for nothing.
Who says a first rounder and a half decent player wont get it done.

The Chris Judd type deal will never be repeated. We paid slightly overs for the best player in the freaken league.

In 2014 we would have got him for nothing.

Bombers would be tempted to go a deal but they don't have a first round pick (only Jake Carlisle)

First rounder + Watson (who was a first round pick in his own right)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Kennedy, pick 3 and a 26 pick upgrade (from 46 to 20) got us Chris freaking Judd. Browlow medallist, Norm Smith, premiership captain B and F; the works.

Explain why pick #3 and an upgrade of 13 picks wouldnt get us Cameron? Remember, most Eagles didnt even want Kennedy at the time, and many (not all) werent unhappy to see him go. He was considered a sweetener at the time. Turns out he was the best part of that deal for the Eagles. Shit we could throw in Watson and the deal is virtually identical to the Judd trade. (and remember, its at the very least arguable that we paid too much back then, even for Judd)

FWIW, if GWS they dont blink, then fine. We take pick 3 to and 25 to the draft, and Cameron walks out on the club next year for nothing (or at the very least, a lot less).

Actually they dont want quantity, they want quality. They have to shrink the list again this year. They would rather be upgrading picks and getting in as low into the draft as they can, than getting fringe players or mid round picks (that they wont use).

If I was list manager for GWS I would be looking to get back into the first round this year and get in heavily. They need KPD's and Mids (which there are tons of at the pointy end of this years draft). KPF's they have in spades.

Id also be looking at established gun FA KPD's.

Simples... Chris Judd nominated us. We had the power in any trade that would have gone through. If Cameron nominated us, maybe that hypothetical scenario you are suggesting would be a fair deal, maybe. But Hawthorn, Geelong, Essendon*, Richmond, Melbourne, St. Kilda, Norf, and the doggies will also offer something and are potential landing spots for Cameron. To make the others back off, were going to have to offer something pretty special.

Also GWS have so much young talent on their list, why would they need more first round picks? They can't fit in half of their top picks as it is. I never mentioned fringe players. This season they added some veterans, and next year I imagine they will get some players in or about to hit their prime (like Henderson, Gibbs etc.). I think that is what it will take for us to get him.

Simples... Chris Judd nominated us. We had the power in any trade that would have gone through.

Exactly. So we convince Cameron to nominate us.

5 million over 5 years should do it. If another club wants to offer more than that, let them. They're welcome to him.

Also GWS have so much young talent on their list, why would they need more first round picks?.

Because they need KPD's and mids, and they need to shrink the list.

Lots of KPDs and Mids in this draft at the pointy end, or they can trade those low picks for established KPDs or Mids.

They dont want experienced/ useful fringe players who wont be there in 3-4 years time.

Exactly. So we convince Cameron to nominate us.

5 million over 5 years should do it. If another club wants to offer more than that, let them. They're welcome to him.

Because they need KPD's and mids, and they need to shrink the list.

Lots of KPDs and Mids in this draft at the pointy end, or they can trade those low picks for established KPDs or Mids.

They dont want experienced/ useful fringe players who wont be there in 3-4 years time.

Well hopefully for us, that's the case! In the article didn't his manager say he would be after 6-7 years? And if they want KPD and Mids, doesn't Hendo and Gibba make sense? Both established players, clearly best 22, and serviceable for the next 5+ years. If we could keep a first round pick and get a mid (Brayshaw) Cameron and Brayshaw for Hendo and Gibbs looks good don't you think?

Well hopefully for us, that's the case! In the article didn't his manager say he would be after 6-7 years?

I'd do 6 million for six years. Performance based contract to ensure safety.

Judd, Scotland, Waite, Carrazzo and Simpson retiring. 2 million per season right there.

And if they want KPD and Mids, doesn't Hendo and Gibba make sense?

Yep, but I dont want us gutting the club. Both are required players. If Gibbs chooses to leave, then the bright side is we are in a much better place to land Cameron (in terms of both $$ and picks).

Both established players, clearly best 22, and serviceable for the next 5+ years. If we could keep a first round pick and get a mid (Brayshaw) Cameron and Brayshaw for Hendo and Gibbs looks good don't you think?

I'd rather keep Hendo and Gibbs and add Cameron.

Well hopefully for us, that's the case! In the article didn't his manager say he would be after 6-7 years? And if they want KPD and Mids, doesn't Hendo and Gibba make sense? Both established players, clearly best 22, and serviceable for the next 5+ years. If we could keep a first round pick and get a mid (Brayshaw) Cameron and Brayshaw for Hendo and Gibbs looks good don't you think?

Cameron has great initials "JC"!

You are giving up our next five years if we lose Gibbs, Hendo and our first round pick. We are going to lose a lot of our quality experienced players (Judd, Simmo, Carrots, Waite, Walker, etc.) over the next 2-3 years and we cannot afford to lose 3 more A graders!

I do not want to welcome back to the "spoon" days when not even Fev could make us competitive.

We need a FF, but there are good prospects in the draft, plus we have some project players (Giles, Casboult) developing. Lets focus on quality accross the park and stop looking for the messiah

We need a FF, but there are good prospects in the draft, plus we have some project players (Giles, Casboult) developing. Lets focus on quality accross the park and stop looking for the messiah

I say we keep the quality and add to it with Cameron.

Look to upgrade our 1st round pick by offloading a good (but not quality) player in a package with a pick, like Collingwood did last year. Trade that for Cameron (seeing as we would only be selecting a young KPF anyways).

The only risk is the money. Locking away a 21 year old bloke on a million a year deal is fraught with danger.

Would prefer to add quality around the likes of Gibbs and Henderson instead of selling them off.

Cameron would be a magnificent acquisition - as would Buddy, Pendlebury, GAJ, Dangerfield etc.

The simple fact of the matter is unless we can bring that calibre of player across through Free Agency, it's an avenue I'd rather not go down.

There's a lot to be said in favour of bringing in the best players in the game, but there's more to be said for being realistic and not compromising your list structure for it.

Every club will ask the question and Carlton will be a part of that, no doubt. No harm in asking...it's the follow through that may worry me.

Let others gut their list structure for that one player. Meanwhile I'd be perfectly content to focus on the smaller trades to improve our position - in the same mould as the Hampson, Docherty and Everitt trades of last year.

I say we keep the quality and add to it with Cameron.

Look to upgrade our 1st round pick by offloading a good (but not quality) player in a package with a pick, like Collingwood did last year. Trade that for Cameron (seeing as we would only be selecting a young KPF anyways).
Hodor.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back