List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small lock down defender to free Atley up, KPD for playing on the gorillas and maybe an extra forward marking target?
Mullett could, hopefully, play a good outside role on the wing/hbf to provide some outside pace and long goal kicking.
We have a good number of inside mids and the rest of the list is ok for balance. Will be interesting to see how the injured players come on (Daw, Tarrant, Garner, Delaney, Curran*) and how much the young prospects improve (MacDonald, Turner, Brown, Wood, Dumont).
*poor bugger must have killed a few black cats whilst walking under ladders. Hope I don't get carded for using the * out of context, well played by Justice Middleton by the way.

Jaksch from GWS.

We should be raiding GWSs second tier of talent. They have ridiculous kpf talent that aren't getting a game because of top draw guys like Boyd Cameron etc etc.
Smart recruitment is in these guys that want to pay senior footy at GWS but aren't.

Would like to see some skilled up outside mids drafted
Agree. GWS is the team to target players from starting with Jaksch and O'Rourke

I get the feeling we're going to be very active this off season. Hopefully this is the year the club is brave enough to make the tough call and move on expendable players to secure high end talent. There are few remaining Free Agents so trades will be required.

I see us needing a key defender (someone 200cm would be nice) and key forward to develop when Petrie goes and outside speed through the draft.
I think in the short term shifting one of Luke Mac/Atley/Mullett to midfield might help the outside speed through the middle.

Is anyone open to trading greenwood here? He's been wonderful this year, a real show of his character but here's my argument. Perhaps he hasn't signed on yet because he's keen to be somewhere else? His career was at the crossroads 6 months ago despite dominating the Vfl. His roommate is an ex delisted roo who perhaps feels negative towards the club. We know he could entertain the idea of moving back home, so maybe the perfect storm has arisen for him to try a new footballing environment.

I for one would be shattered to see him leave, but content with the idea that he's at his club of choice, if there is one, and we get his proper value rather than be reamed through the priority pick if he leaves through FA.

So here's an idea, in light of recent events at the crows, that could see us secure danger. Bastinac and greenwood, 2 B+ midfielders, both fairly young and injury free, for danger, should he want to get out of there. Could sweeten the deal for them and upgrade their 3rd pick for our second.

Would only entertain a greenwood trade if it involves securing a full back like carlisle or a midifielder like danger. Otherwise he stays he is now a very good player for us, tough, skillful, pacey, can hit the scoreboard and good overhead.

Gorilla FB is needed. I worry for Narni, battled hard but exposed in the finals and his body is always a worry. A classy mid who runs hard both ways is welcome too. Our defensive pressure was poor last night.

Other than perhaps Waite I don't see us chasing an experienced forward.

And NO to trading Greenhead. He was one of our better players in September (and 2014).

Is anyone open to trading greenwood here? He's been wonderful this year, a real show of his character but here's my argument. Perhaps he hasn't signed on yet because he's keen to be somewhere else? His career was at the crossroads 6 months ago despite dominating the Vfl. His roommate is an ex delisted roo who perhaps feels negative towards the club. We know he could entertain the idea of moving back home, so maybe the perfect storm has arisen for him to try a new footballing environment.

I for one would be shattered to see him leave, but content with the idea that he's at his club of choice, if there is one, and we get his proper value rather than be reamed through the priority pick if he leaves through FA.

So here's an idea, in light of recent events at the crows, that could see us secure danger. Bastinac and greenwood, 2 B+ midfielders, both fairly young and injury free, for danger, should he want to get out of there. Could sweeten the deal for them and upgrade their 3rd pick for our second.

I'm pretty on board with this, would hate to see him go but if it meant bringing in a Dangerfield type player, I'd be ok with it.

Would love to see Mullett front of center next year, we've got Atley, LMac, NDS and to some degree (perhaps on distance not accuracy) Spud who have penetrating kicks out of the back.

Think winning those finals has changed a few priorities list management wise and turned a quiet off-season into hopefully a productive one.

KPD? I'd love Frost from GWS, however there are issues of competition (clubs having higher picks to acquire him) and wanting game time. We can argue the success angle though, something I think Carlton and the Dogs will likely struggle to counter if it comes down to that. Narni perhaps loses his spot for a fair chunk of next year, perhaps someone like Walshy could sit him down and argue the case he's needed as depth as he ages.

Plenty of positives that outweigh list negatives, which I feel is the first time in awhile.

We all want Greenwood to sign on, but if was no too.
Trade Greenwood for Adelaide pick 9
Our pick 15 & pick 9 for Melbourne pick 2
Use pick 2 for Brayshaw.

Firstly aren't against anyone being traded IF it improves us significantly, not sure how that's done though.

Greenwood will stay but as he's been mentioned.

Dnager would be great but would rather go about it differently. Basti I'd like him to stay.

Dangerfield is better but not statistically this season. Most instances we overrate our own and underrate the opposition, not in this case.
H&A only....

Levi Greenwood - 550 disposals. 119 marks. 15 goals. 96 tackles. Effective disposals 66%. TOG 78.6%

P Dangerfield -549 disposals. 75 marks. 17 goals. 79 tackles. Effective disposals 61.8%.TOG 83.7%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly aren't against anyone being traded IF it improves us significantly, not sure how that's done though.

Greenwood will stay but as he's been mentioned.

Dnager would be great but would rather go about it differently. Basti I'd like him to stay.

Dangerfield is better but not statistically this season. Most instances we overrate our own and underrate the opposition, not in this case.
H&A only....

Levi Greenwood - 550 disposals. 119 marks. 15 goals. 96 tackles. Effective disposals 66%. TOG 78.6%

P Dangerfield -549 disposals. 75 marks. 17 goals. 79 tackles. Effective disposals 61.8%.TOG 83.7%
Dangerfield had a poor year and greenwood has hit his optimal level. My premise is that if greenwood doesnt want to be here, then we can work something out.

why? i understand they have no key forwards but tarrant can barely have a shower without getting injured.

take the deal if it comes.
Agreed. I would have sent Tarrant elsewhere last season. The Dogs are doing what we did a few seasons ago when we were chasing any halfback who could kick (Sierakowski, Mullet). They'll take any KPF at the moment.

Tarrant for a 2nd or 3rd rounder wouldn't be half bad at the moment, no player on the dogs list I'd consider in a straight player swap with the Dogs

Grima? You flog.

Injury prone most of his time with us- takes to long to find form, skill errors

Swear everyone here wants to get every free agent or trade option but nver wants to give anyone up or delist anyone.

We need to be tough up the
under performing and injury prone

Grima looks like a top guy but we need to find the best fit for our team

Dangerfield had a poor year and greenwood has hit his optimal level. My premise is that if greenwood doesnt want to be here, then we can work something out.

Bugger didn't realise Greenwood had peaked, now I'm depressed:(

Gee Dangerfield stats are all up this season on his career avg's bar about four goals.

They just mentioned on 3AW that the Dogs are rumoured to be into Robbie Tarrant.

You'd think they'd not be interested if Robbie was a strong chance of retiring and or beyond getting fit? People must realise North will only move someone on if that's the best outcome for the club. i.e. the replacement is better.

Aren't people looking for a Gorilla type FB? Well am pretty sure Robbie could do that. **** off Dogs.

Come up well short tonight, now we look forward to a very interesting off season.

JMac and Lachie will improve us.

Brown and Turner hopefully have big off seasons as well as Luke Mac.

Mullet, Black need full pre seasons.

Hopefully Wood and Dumont can come on.

Still need to add a couple of good players.

Agree with above,

get Waite as FA and trade for a quality key defender

but also we should remember the likes of Cunners, JZ, Atley and Jmac all have improvement left. They're only 22/23 - next year they'll be nearing the early stages of whats considered their 'prime' age.

Bugger didn't realise Greenwood had peaked, now I'm depressed:(

Gee Dangerfield stats are all up this season on his career avg's bar about four goals.
Well, greenwood will come to close to winning the bnf this year, which is a pretty good level. For someone who was at the crossroads 6 months ago thats pretty good. He's playing the best he possibly can, his ball use was never elite but he's winning a lot of the ball and kicking a goal here and there, and providing excellent clearance work to the fore as well.

But once again, if he wants to go, it is not the end of the world and im sure we can work something out. dangerfield is an elite midfielder. couple basti and greenwood in and maybe we have something.

wouldn't give up our 1st for him in this deep draft and gws will want a 1st i would imagine
Ok after last night I would give a first rounder for this kid.

Or second round + Basti.

We need to go hard in this kid. Give him a contract that will force him to choose us. Could very well be our fullback for the next dozen years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back