List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bloke is finished and anyone hoping for a miracle is delusional. He has managed 3/4 of season once in his career.
He has another year on his contract, so we are paying him anyway. His upside is ridiculous. And yes in hoping for a miracle, delusional or not. If he can shock us all and be a force next year then watch out.

The bloke is finished and anyone hoping for a miracle is delusional. He has managed 3/4 of season once in his career.

I keep ****ing reading that, you're freaking delusional if you think Tarrant will be delisted ahead of about six shitmen currently occupying our ****ing list. ****ing Currie has played 3 games in two years, why the hell would he or will he be retained? Surely if Currie has any go he'll want out?

If Robbie becomes the 38th player we've got, I can deal with that. How many duds do we draft year after year? Actually how many duds are drafted to AFL clubs year after year?

Robbie is worth keeping IMOSFHO :p

Not having a go at you or your post, just a general statement against all who question our decision making:)

We won't draft more than four players, Robbie is and should be safe.

I keep ******* reading that, you're freaking delusional if you think Tarrant will be delisted ahead of about six shitmen currently occupying our ******* list. ******* Currie has played 3 games in two years, why the hell would he or will he be retained? Surely if Currie has any go he'll want out?

If Robbie becomes the 38th player we've got, I can deal with that. How many duds do we draft year after year? Actually how many duds are drafted to AFL clubs year after year?

Not having a go at you or your post, just a general statement against all who question our decision making:)

What you said.

I totally agree, unless there is a stone cold lock first overall pick gun, you couldn't possibly justify trading a best 22 player, especially a tall forward, for picks the way that have been suggested.

He was only best 22 due to injuries and lack of other options.

If Tarrant was fit and Wood more developed i'm sure Black would have found himself in the VFL.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and his skill set and hope he can get back to something resembling a quality AFL player. I also wouldn't want a pick. But if another club were to trade overs for him (say a gun outside mid) I would also strongly consider move him on considering we have depth or potentially better options for his position but seriously lack outside pace/skill.

He was only best 22 due to injuries and lack of other options.

If Tarrant was fit and Wood more developed i'm sure Black would have found himself in the VFL.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and his skill set and hope he can get back to something resembling a quality AFL player. I also wouldn't want a pick. But if another club were to trade overs for him (say a gun outside mid) I would also strongly consider move him on considering we have depth or potentially better options for his position but seriously lack outside pace/skill.
Like who??

Personally I wouldnt trade either McKenzie or Basti. They both have potential to be good, first 18 footballers in the future and i dont think we could get anything better than that for them. They're not good enough to get a real quality, obvious improvement but not poor enough to just trade away for whatever.

I keep ******* reading that, you're freaking delusional if you think Tarrant will be delisted ahead of about six shitmen currently occupying our ******* list. ******* Currie has played 3 games in two years, why the hell would he or will he be retained? Surely if Currie has any go he'll want out?

I couldnt care less if he was on our list or not. He is such a non factor these days.

Even if he got to play a 20 game season, he is only 1 more injury away from retirement. Wouldnt get into our current side anyway imo

I couldnt care less if he was on our list or not. He is such a non factor these days.

Even if he got to play a 20 game season, he is only 1 more injury away from retirement. Wouldnt get into our current side anyway imo

Fair enough but I reckon North do, supporters have an emotional interest.

I doubt you'd get a better option with draft pick 106.

We wouldn't delist currie unless we drafted another ruckman, which would be a waste. For tarrant however, were starting to see a replacement for drew in brown come up, as well as develop wood. Curran, Delaney and tarrant, as brutal as it sounds, are list cloggers. 2 at most is the amount we can carry. And Robbie is the oldest. If the dogs are really after him, take the deal and run with whatever or whoever we get.

Fair enough but I reckon North do, supporters have an emotional interest.

I doubt you'd get a better option with draft pick 106.

We would be lucky to get anything for him, but i think for Robbies sake he should take the year he is owed, get his body right and move on with his life. I hope during all these injuries he has studied and will prosper when he calls it time. I feel for the bloke, but his body just isnt up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn't delist currie unless we drafted another ruckman, which would be a waste. For tarrant however, were starting to see a replacement for drew in brown come up, as well as develop wood. Curran, Delaney and tarrant, as brutal as it sounds, are list cloggers. 2 at most is the amount we can carry. And Robbie is the oldest. If the dogs are really after him, take the deal and run with whatever or whoever we get.

That's my point, Currie is a list clogger fully fit and not good enough for a game.

Liam Anthony list clogger

Mitch Wilkins- list clogger

S McMahon- list cloger

T. Hine - list clogger

there's five how many draft picks do you see us using?

Then Harper, McKenzie and Jacobs.

Followed by in no particular order Tarrant, Delaney and Curran who are always injured. Big difference from someone who's not good enough when fit.

That's my point, Currie is a list clogger fully fit and not good enough for a game.

Liam Anthony list clogger

Mitch Wilkins- list clogger

S McMahon- list cloger

T. Hine - list clogger

there's five how many draft picks do you see us using?

Then Harper, McKenzie and Jacobs.

Followed by in no particular order Tarrant, Delaney and Curran who are always injured. Big difference from someone who's not good enough when fit.
Currie serves a purpose as insurance for Goldy. No one else on the list can cover for him if he cops an LTI.

Currie serves a purpose as insurance for Goldy. No one else on the list can cover for him if he cops an LTI.

Yeah he does.

My point as badly made as it all was is North won't delist or trade anyone that doesn't improve them. Ie they may hang onto three injury prone players because they're still a better option than anyone else.

But should Tarrant Delaney and Curran all struggle next season they'll be first cabs of the rank this time next year .

Dumont for example, who I'll tell you now, will be a footballer

Never a truer word said HH. Strong, smart, clean and very calm under pressure....more than a few similarities to our very own Honey Badger. Will be a fan favourite in a few years.

FWIW if we ever decided to offer up Basti as trade bait then i think now is the best time. Dumont has his name all over Basti's spot IMO so barring a significant improvement that's hard to see ATM, his trade value may be at it's highest right now.

With North Melbourne's finals campaign over, the Kangaroos have begun discussions with some clubs or managers regarding several players, with North making an offer to out-of-contract Western Bulldogs small forward Shaun Higgins, who is a free agent.

North is also waiting for an answer from free agent Jarrad Waite, who Carlton is still trying to persuade to remain at the club after having made an offer to the versatile forward.

The Roos also joined Melbourne in expressing interest in Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba. He is expected to meet North Melbourne and Melbourne this week after returning from holiday.

West Coast is also believed to have expressed some interest in the defender.

North is understood to appeal to Lumumba because of his association with football boss Geoff Walsh and coach Brad Scott and the fact the Roos are in contention for a premiership.

North also has had interest in out of favour Western Bulldogs forward Liam Jones, who booted five goals in the VFL grand final but who has struggled to cement a regular place in the senior side. Carlton and Port Adelaide are both understood to have expressed interest in the strong contested mark.

Why not chase malcheski instead of Lumumba?

He is three years older and has a history of knee and soft tissue injuries. Plus it looks like he may actually stay at Sydney - if he doesn't then he is probably just looking for a final pay day.

I can see why we'd be going after Lumumba - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a good age (27) and has plenty of finals experience.

Never a truer word said HH. Strong, smart, clean and very calm under pressure....more than a few similarities to our very own Honey Badger. Will be a fan favourite in a few years.

FWIW if we ever decided to offer up Basti as trade bait then i think now is the best time. Dumont has his name all over Basti's spot IMO so barring a significant improvement that's hard to see ATM, his trade value may be at it's highest right now.

Granted ive only seen highlights, but Dumont doesnt look to me like a Basti replacement. He seems to have all the tools bar pace from what ive seen - id be worried out midfield becomes even more plodder. Not saying i dont think Dumont wont make it, im sure he will. He appears to have an ability to find his on ball so much it means the opposition doesnt have it.

However our midfield is easily hurt when the opposition is on the counter. Some dont run both ways hard enough (usually our outside mids) and some lack the pace (our inside mids). We need to be careful of our balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back