List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point, Currie is a list clogger fully fit and not good enough for a game.

Liam Anthony list clogger

Mitch Wilkins- list clogger

S McMahon- list cloger

T. Hine - list clogger

there's five how many draft picks do you see us using?
Should just use the minimum 3 national draft picks, our 3rd pick will be close to 60.
Then add 2 maybe 3 players via trade and free agency

Last edited:
I honestly wouldnt mind any of Higgins, Waite or Liam Jones. Higgins has obvious talent, particularly if he gets his body right and he is generally a really good kick. Waite addresses an obvious concern, and Liam Jones is only 23, still incredibly young for a key forward and has shown glimpses of ability, would be a good get.
As for Lumumba, that would be a disgusting decision. Sure we need another outside type but not one that absolutely butchers the ball every time he has it and is the definition of the word campaigner. It would be an absolute crime if Mullett was involved in any deal to get Lumumba to the club. In fact it would even be awful for any or all of Liam Anthony, Mitch Wilkins or Tim McGenniss were involved in getting him to the club.

We obviously have targeted a few players and been aggressive by making contract offers to Waite and Higgins... Interesting period coming up

Direct swap Liam Jones for Tarrant? Didnt someone say the dogs were showing interest? I could live with that. Jones is in dire need of a tank, Tarrant just getting his body right. Hope Waite accepts our offer, think he'd be a great fit for us.

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
1 min ·
The Age is reporting that North Melbourne are already being aggressive with their trading strategy ahead of the trade period, as they have now been linked to serval players.

The Roos have approached disgruntled Magpie, Heritier Lumumba about a move to Arden Street.

North is understood to appeal to Lumumba because of his association with football boss Geoff Walsh and coach Brad Scott and the fact the Roos are in contention for a premiership.

It could tie in well for Collingwood, who have expressed interest in North's Aaron Mullett.

North have also put a official contract in front of Carlton free agent, Jarrad Waite who is still deciding on his future.

North have also presented Western Bulldog free agent, Shaun Higgins with an official deal, whilst the Roos have also approached his current teammate, Liam Jones who is out of favour with the Dogs and is yet to deliver on the expectations that came when he was drafted

Happy with nearly all of this. Very concerned about the Heritier/Mullett bit. I like Mullett and dislike the other bloke (much more than I disliked Robbie Nahas).

If we get Harry O ill spew up. Ill flip my shit if we trade out Mullett for him too.
Mullett has better skills and has the pace of Harry O, he just needs a better opportunity. A few times this season he was very unlucky to be dropped.

With North Melbourne's finals campaign over, the Kangaroos have begun discussions with some clubs or managers regarding several players, with North making an offer to out-of-contract Western Bulldogs small forward Shaun Higgins, who is a free agent.

North is also waiting for an answer from free agent Jarrad Waite, who Carlton is still trying to persuade to remain at the club after having made an offer to the versatile forward.

The Roos also joined Melbourne in expressing interest in Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba. He is expected to meet North Melbourne and Melbourne this week after returning from holiday.

West Coast is also believed to have expressed some interest in the defender.

North is understood to appeal to Lumumba because of his association with football boss Geoff Walsh and coach Brad Scott and the fact the Roos are in contention for a premiership.

North also has had interest in out of favour Western Bulldogs forward Liam Jones, who booted five goals in the VFL grand final but who has struggled to cement a regular place in the senior side. Carlton and Port Adelaide are both understood to have expressed interest in the strong contested mark.

The only part of the article that I liked/appreciated.

The blokeis pious, but at the end of the day we have a good culture at the football (I assume, based on everything i've seen and read); much prefer him than some ******* that gets drunk, or doesn't care about the game etc.

He can play football and there's no doubt whatsoever he'd be in our best 22. He could lead the North crowd to say grace and lecture us about the evils of alcohol before each match as much as I care, if he's making us a better team, I'm all for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry O will have the whole team walking around on egg shells. Better ban chat about religion, sexual orientation, violence, drugs, alcohol and anything else thats contentious, otherwise he'll divide the locker room and have us in the media for all the wrong reasons. He is a ****ing head case.

I thought the same about him looking good 24 months ago, hasn't shown much since the though

Yep, two or three seasons back he was a very promising player. He was their go to man on the kick-ins. Used to give us grief at Etihad with his strong marking. Has gone backwards since but I reckon he can play.

Yep, two or three seasons back he was a very promising player. He was their go to man on the kick-ins. Used to give us grief at Etihad with his strong marking. Has gone backwards since but I reckon he can play.
You have to remember he's only 23. We all talk about oh how goods Cunners and hes only 23, plenty of upside in him, well why can't the same be said of Jones? I know he's shown no where near the same output as Cunners but how does that well worn cliche go, 'big guys take time?'
Haha or maybe its just that I'm the same age as these guys and I want to think they have plenty of their youth left to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back