List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it's wrong on the AFL site (FFS!):

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Primary List

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency
Well done mate, this is spot on. The poor guy just can't deal with it.

Would anyone consider sending Harper elsewhere?

I mean, some here a willing to push Bastinac out the door despite being a better player for longer. Obviously that means he is also worth more in a trade but there would be a coach out there who reckons they could get more out of Harper.

Learn the rules FFS!

...sorry, just got caught up in the excitement

Re: Higgins, I'm very happy if he comes to us.

Remember a few years ago when Ch7/9 did one of their follow the player things that they show at half time. They focused on Higgins and i'll tell ya what the boy is a leader of men, as well as good player, i thought after watching that i wish he played for us.
Its been a pity injuries have limited his on-field performance over the last few years but if he's injury free next year he'll provide some extra class and just adds to the strong leaders around the club. Y'all gonna love him!

The quiet year names, Garner black Mckenzie harper wood Dumont Daw basti mullet are no guarentee to increase afl output NEXT year.

The regulars in cunners Atley ziebell should improve. Brown and Turner likely also.

Wright and levi could return to past form.

The oldies in Firrito petrie grima wells Boomer could decline.

Gibbo LT Thommo should provide form.

Our best Could also suffer from injury. McMillan may have longer term repercussions.

Anyone who can't see value in higgins and Waite is kidding themselves. Every year should be treated like it's our last.

The only way I'd be saying sit tight this year would be if an absolute gun could be informally locked away for next year. But I don't think it works that way.

If we got o'rourke first pick or a slider, a pacey mid with the 2nd plus Waite and higgins I'd be pretty happy with the off season.

+ Clear out some of the unlikely types.

I know soft as butter is a metaphor, but its a bad one to describe any footballer. What proof have you that Higgins in soft?! He's been a really good player for the dogs, even while struggling with his body. Lay off the player abuse would you, given you didn't make it ...
Gee alright, can never be critical of a player because I myself didn't make it. I guess we should all give up our bigfooty accounts than?

Would anyone consider sending Harper elsewhere?

I mean, some here a willing to push Bastinac out the door despite being a better player for longer. Obviously that means he is also worth more in a trade but there would be a coach out there who reckons they could get more out of Harper.

Harper's upside is greater than Basti's, IMO, and for that reason I would hope we keep him to see if he can realise that upside with us and not someone else.

Hahahahahahahahaha hilarious....
Funny and hopelessly unable to accept that you are wrong.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT: This is a player whose contract has expired and is free to sign with any team.

icon_smug.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harper's upside is greater than Basti's, IMO, and for that reason I would hope we keep him to see if he can realise that upside with us and not someone else.
Yes, but his higher upside might yield us a comparable deal to if Bastinac was on the table. IMO for a mid/hff to spend the entire season injured or in the VFL doesn't bode well for him coming good.

Higgins will play half back and rotate through the middle and hff role.

Hes a gun with great skills - not overly quick but who cares.

Players like waite and higgins dont hinder the development of the guys who can play their positions ie black, brown, tarrant, wood, mckenie, mullett, mcdonald, macmallin, atley, wright etc - they actually push them to fast track their development and earn their spots. Pressure for spots wins flags on any level - when you have this your ready for sustained success. They increase our talent levels and allow the younger guys to develop without the pressure to perform week in week out.

Look at Liam Jones - he is a prime example of the problems associated with developing with no power forwards around him.

We also have a raft of players that im expecting to go to the next level next yr and push for spots - delaney, garner, tippett, wood, harper, dumont, mckenzie, pick 16 or Orourke

We are very very well placed.

I'd trade all of Bastinac, Harper and Mullett for the right deal, they are fairly easily replaceable, Mullett is probably surpless anyway with Higgins coming on board, Dumont will be pushing for Bastinac's place next year and Harper virtually has no value what so ever.

I wouldn't just give them up, as I said, for the right deals....

To be an unrestricted free agent the player must have played a minimum number of years at the same afl club, 8 or 12 iirc.

If he leaves it's either via trade or he walks into the draft.

Now can we get back on track with the shitty trade rumours and put the claws away ladies?

To be an unrestricted free agent the player must have played a minimum number of years at the same afl club, 8 or 12 iirc.

If he leaves it's either via trade or he walks into the draft.

Now can we get back on track with the shitty trade rumours and put the claws away ladies?
Yep....

Free agency has nothing to do with how long a player has been at a club and everything to do with when their contract expires. Levi's expires today.

I can't believe I am still going over this with you
picard.gif

Of course you of all posters is going to mention an * player...and a mediocre one at that.
Fasolo talks were rubbish
Waite fits a need
Labumba was spoken to (probably just Cam doing what is required)
It's all paper talk and the club most likely has no intention of trading mullet.
But hey have a go at the football department

41813_142073069161245_9977_n.jpg

Oh really.........would like to hear your justification for getting Waite, unless we have an overwhelming need for a 31yo inconsistent player who is regularly injured or suspended? Pure madness!!!!!!:eek:

Not too mention there is no spot for him, Ben Brown, Aaron Black & Drew Petrie are pretty much the forward talls, and I haven't even mentioned Daw or Tarrant. He could replace Hansen I suppose, lol:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back