List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs remain hopeful of retaining Higgins.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs remain optimistic Shaun Higgins will remain at Whitten Oval next season.

Higgins, 26, is a restricted free agent who is yet to recommit to the Bulldogs. Back in July, AFL.com.au revealed North Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and Greater Western Sydney had expressed interest in his services.

It was believed then the sticking point of negotiations with the Dogs was over the length of the new deal, with Higgins wanting three years.

Despite no resolution at this stage, the Dogs don't believe Higgins needs a fresh start to reinvigorate his career and are optimistic he'll stay.

"Shaun has been a really good Bulldogs person, a fantastic person, fantastic family, been cruelled by injury," CEO Simon Garlick told SEN. "He's really one of those players who the minute they get the footy, you think, 'Gee, they can play', but he just hasn't had a good run at it. "Ironically this year, body-wise, it's probably been the best year he's had.

"I'm not going to go into detail but we continue having discussions with Shaun and I'm certainly hopeful that we can figure something out."

Not unhappy about this.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs remain optimistic Shaun Higgins will remain at Whitten Oval next season.

Higgins, 26, is a restricted free agent who is yet to recommit to the Bulldogs. Back in July, AFL.com.au revealed North Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and Greater Western Sydney had expressed interest in his services.

It was believed then the sticking point of negotiations with the Dogs was over the length of the new deal, with Higgins wanting three years.

Despite no resolution at this stage, the Dogs don't believe Higgins needs a fresh start to reinvigorate his career and are optimistic he'll stay.

"Shaun has been a really good Bulldogs person, a fantastic person, fantastic family, been cruelled by injury," CEO Simon Garlick told SEN. "He's really one of those players who the minute they get the footy, you think, 'Gee, they can play', but he just hasn't had a good run at it. "Ironically this year, body-wise, it's probably been the best year he's had.

"I'm not going to go into detail but we continue having discussions with Shaun and I'm certainly hopeful that we can figure something out."

Not unhappy about this.

I'm very happy with this.:thumbsu:

Hang on, what's the reason behind this Levi rumor? Why would he leave I mean? Surely we aren't putting him on the trade table so it must be coming from him. He seems like a North boy so I just don't dully understand it.

Hang on, what's the reason behind this Levi rumor? Why would he leave I mean? Surely we aren't putting him on the trade table so it must be coming from him. He seems like a North boy so I just don't dully understand it.

Pickering. Liam ****ing pickering!

"Oh round 6 and you have found some form? No, no let's hold off negotiations till the end of the year and bump your price up by 150k...'

Not unhappy about this.

Nah, he's gone.

Hey, do crows and tigers operate under a free trade agreement these days? Both obsessed with getting staff off each other. Rutten retires, straight off to tigerland.

Unfortunately the tigers get good ones like Maric while crows do their best Pagan/Laidley era north trading and get gems like Tambling and Angus Graham.

Sorry to intrude guys but if the talk of Greenwood coming to Adelaide is true i dont think we would offer much more than a Matthew Wright or a Jarryd Lyons as he is uncontracted and if he despratley wanted to come home he could go into the PSD

I think it would be benefical to you guys if he wanted to go to the power as you have a much better chance of getting a better deal for him (Would love him at the Crows though he has been sensationl this year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone any where quote a poster that is not a troll about the Levi to Adelaide stuff?

if it is all centered around the one quote FG posted from the trading board, I personally have zero faith in that poster as a reliable source of anything.

Pickering. Liam ******* pickering!

"Oh round 6 and you have found some form? No, no let's hold off negotiations till the end of the year and bump your price up by 150k...'
It's a manager's job to look after his charges - you can hardly fault pickers for doing his job.

I'll be extremely surprised and disappointed if Levi leaves North but I have no issue with him wanting the best deal he can get from NMFC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry to intrude guys but if the talk of Greenwood coming to Adelaide is true i dont think we would offer much more than a Matthew Wright or a Jarryd Lyons as he is uncontracted and if he despratley wanted to come home he could go into the PSD

I think it would be benefical to you guys if he wanted to go to the power as you have a much better chance of getting a better deal for him (Would love him at the Crows though he has been sensationl this year)
Levi is a walk up start at North and about to enter his prime so we would want something commensurate in a trade. We would in no way accept guys who will not address deficiencies in our list. As such offers as described above would be laughed at. I reckon the club would let Levi try his luck in the draft if that was all that was offered. I doubt a bloke of his capabilities would last to Adelaide's second pick.

It genuinely concerns me if club insiders don't see the big picture.

This is the big picture with Waite - he averages 16 games per year. I said it in another thread. Injury prone players do not get less injury prone as they get older. Add to that, he get suspended most years as well. Let's not forget, 8 weeks ago, he was likely to be delisted. Now he strings a few good games together (like he does every year) and all of a sudden he's the messiah.

To quote Monty Python - He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

You're dreaming if you think that North would trade him for less than your 1st round pick or an established gun player and you're delusional if you think Levi would slip to Adelaide in the PSD.

I'll be extremely surprised if he doesn't re-sign to North.

Levi is a walk up start at North and about to enter his prime so we would want something commensurate in a trade. We would in no way accept guys who will not address deficiencies in our list. As such offers as described above would be laughed at. I reckon the club would let Levi try his luck in the draft if that was all that was offered. I doubt a bloke of his capabilities would last to Adelaide's second pick.
I think your confusing the National Draft and Pre Season Draft there are only 8 teams picking before us & its very rare that a player dosnt get to there destination when they go into the PSD (Not that im saying this will happen as we have shown to be fairly reasonable traders)

Rumour (not sure on reliability) that you may have withdrawn your offer to Waite.
Maybe due to the emergence of Brown quicker than expected.

Maybe due to the emergence of Brown quicker than expected.
That was my initial thought on reading the rumour... my second thought was has there been movement behind the scenes with Carlisle.

I think your confusing the National Draft and Pre Season Draft there are only 8 teams picking before us & its very rare that a player dosnt get to there destination when they go into the PSD (Not that im saying this will happen as we have shown to be fairly reasonable traders)

If Greenwood went into the PSD there's no way he'd get to your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back