List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the big picture with Waite - he averages 16 games per year. I said it in another thread. Injury prone players do not get less injury prone as they get older. Add to that, he get suspended most years as well. Let's not forget, 8 weeks ago, he was likely to be delisted. Now he strings a few good games together (like he does every year) and all of a sudden he's the messiah.

To quote Monty Python - He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

My posting is actually based on me wondering why would we be looking at him seriously.

My view is that he doesn't offer enough as a forward only (partly for the reasons you mention), but when you couple it with the fact that he could play a KPD role when cover is required, then the prospect appears more feasible.

He is far from a messiah in my eyes. Would be happy if we overlooked him.

If Carlisle comes to North I will never stop laughing.

Highly unlikely, contracted until end of 2015 and said he was happy at Essendon. I know there's the potential of the get-out clause, but that's only if the player chooses to take legal action. I would love a lock down key defender, which would free Thompson to play as a rebounding defender. We can't rely on Hansen or Grima, with their injury history. If we could convince Carlisle in 2016, would he be best as a defender or forward in our structure?

I guess that's why Jarrad Waite kind of makes sense as a versatile extra forward/defender, as Tarrant and Daw are also injury prone. He's an unrestricted free agent, so would cost us nothing in a trade. Plus we wouldn't have to see him play his one good game of the year against us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Waite talk was bad...now we are talking vickery and mckernan...going to be a long off season.
No one can take the last two seriously...

Surely...

What sides look to be strengthened that we know of?

Geelong with Frawley. hurts us all.
Bears with Ryder. Can cop that.
Swans with ? No doubt sum campaigner is headed there?

North and ? We need a serious coup. Fringes can assist, but we need absolute locks for best 22 types.

I'll have a chat with Dyson when he pops in for a Pure Blonde stubby with his hot missus tomorrow night.

Would take years, if ever, for me to adjust to having footballs most punchable head crossing over.

Would love to score a freeby of some sort though for the lulz

Listen. Its been disclosed where some of you are sitting tomoro night. Anyone who is entertaining the thought of bringing Vickery to the club will be hunted down and torn into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back