List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re McGenniss and Warren, I think there are two factors going against them being retained.

1) they are well down the line in terms options in role/position;
2) they are two of the hardest workers in the club already.

Not sure giving them another 12 months will achieve anything tbh.

Hine seems a bit the same to me. Just not quite up to it and not an area of weakness.

I may be getting mixed up with one of the other lads yet to debut, but did we not give him a new contract a couple of months back?

I don't disagree, I meant that we'd pay out contracts if need be. As you say money isn't an issue.

Here's the list of guys that I believe have limited time left at North as it currently stands ( injuries/ ability all the same in the wash-up) remembering Dumont, Garner , Wood are likely types....

Currie
McKenzie
Anthony
Adams
Harper
Tarrant- shame
Hine
Curran-shame
Wilkins
McMahon.
Nahas
Delaney-shame

The emergence of Brown, Turner, Greenwood, McDonald and Wright have changed the landscape dramatically. IMO
I'm confident they'll both have good careers due to their want and ability to hit a contest.

It's why I think Harper is done at seasons end. I watched a Werribee game a few weeks ago. A Bee's player marked about 55 out and Harper was next to him with no one ahead and fifty pretty well empty. I bet ya the likes of Brown and Turner would've ran/jogged into the fifty and got an easy mark and had a shot for goal. Harp's just stood there.
Can you add a "shame" alongside Harps name too nn? :cry:

Because as I said the rules of FA dictate you must offer 2 years guaranteed minimum. No options allowed.

here you go etsal1 -
Waite, 31, is also a free agent understood to have now also held discussions with Dockers management and will become an even higher priority recruit if Frawley does not head west.

Waite and Frawley are unrestricted free agents and can move to any club of their choice regardless of counter offers from the Demons or Blues.

Waite and his management have apparently been offered just a one-year extension offer from Carlton, while North Melbourne has made a similar overture with an option of a second-season depending on his 2015 performances.

Waite, who has played 184 senior games with the Blues since his debut in 2003, is only willing to join the Dockers and shift from his home state of Victoria on a two-year deal.

I may be getting mixed up with one of the other lads yet to debut, but did we not give him a new contract a couple of months back?
Not that I'm aware of mate.

No chance in a thousand years. In 2013 we got Dom Tyson and downgraded from #2 to #9. Bastinac and Anthony for a downgrade from #3 to #16 is just insulting. Anthony has played 9 games in the last two years and Bastinac isn't the inside ball winning midfielder that we're after.

I think you should take the deal, your best chance is to remain on the bottom for a few more years and get as many early picks as possible. With Roos at the helm I can't see you drafting the wrong guys ever again. Anthony's the type of player that will keep you rooted there for a fair while.

Two things surprised me with Anthony one being he got nine games in the last two years and he's still on our list:p

The suggestion that we should trade out Ben10 and Zeebus makes me a sad panda ...
Was definitely not suggesting that we should trade them. But people are suggesting basti and our first could get 3 and then 3 could get Danger or Cameron. It just wouldn't work. People overrate draft picks and are underrating two blokes who are 24 and 21 respectively and both All-Australians. If we wanted to get players of that caliber through trade we would have to give up Cunnington or Ziebell plus more to get it done. Now I'm not suggesting we should do that but thats what it would take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance in a thousand years. In 2013 we got Dom Tyson and downgraded from #2 to #9. Bastinac and Anthony for a downgrade from #3 to #16 is just insulting. Anthony has played 9 games in the last two years
Just look how few miles are on the clock. This model is in pristine condition. #carsalesman
and Bastinac isn't the inside ball winning midfielder that we're after.
He may not look it but Basti is actually one of our better extractors. His vision and movement in close is excellent, but because he has a massive motor we play him on the outside.

Am perplexed by our interest, surely Petrie plays next season? Black, Brown, Petrie, Daw, Hansen who's a handy type:p and missed our two winning finals.

Not seeing where Waite plays TBH.
He doesn't have to.

If he is performing better than Brown and Black, he plays. If not, he goes back to the twos.

We have the coin, we have an injury prone and inexperienced list of KPF's and a fragile and ageing list of KPD's. Why not bring in someone ready made for just in case who at their best is better than most of what we already have?

here you go etsal1 -
Waite, 31, is also a free agent understood to have now also held discussions with Dockers management and will become an even higher priority recruit if Frawley does not head west.

Waite and Frawley are unrestricted free agents and can move to any club of their choice regardless of counter offers from the Demons or Blues.

Waite and his management have apparently been offered just a one-year extension offer from Carlton, while North Melbourne has made a similar overture with an option of a second-season depending on his 2015 performances.

Waite, who has played 184 senior games with the Blues since his debut in 2003, is only willing to join the Dockers and shift from his home state of Victoria on a two-year deal.
Believing something written by Kim Hagdorn as gospel was your first mistake.

Believing something written by Kim Hagdorn as gospel was your first mistake.

Who said im taking it as gospel bc i read something in an article? You are assuming what has been offered and i was just showing you an article that pointed out what i told you previously.

He doesn't have to.

If he is performing better than Brown and Black, he plays. If not, he goes back to the twos.

We have the coin, we have an injury prone and inexperienced list of KPF's and a fragile and ageing list of KPD's. Why not bring in someone ready made for just in case who at their best is better than most of what we already have?

totally agree, all year we have heard Brad mentioned that there is no one to replace Black when he was out of form... Curren probably wont play anymore, Tarrant is getting to that, Daw is still an unknown which leaves Petrie, Brown as the Key position players.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-17/dees-and-blease-agree-to-part-ways

SAM Blease and Melbourne have agreed to part ways, with the 23-year-old seeking opportunities elsewhere after playing just two senior games in 2014.

Blease played 33 matches and kicked 25 goals after being plucked as a 17-year-old with selection No.17 in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft.

Despite his inability to cement a game with Melbourne, the talented Blease is likely to attract interest with his pace and ability to run and carry the ball.

Demons football manager Josh Mahoney told AFL.com.au the club wished Blease all the best after six seasons with the club.

"When we met with Sam during his end-of-season exit interview, we both agreed that it hadn’t worked for him at the Melbourne Football Club and that we would try and assist to find him a new club during the trade period," Mahoney said.

Drafted in 2008 as a priority pick after the first round, Blease did not make his debut until 2011 after suffering a broken ankle in a schoolyard accident in 2009, with the incident setting him back significantly.

However he was good enough to earn two Brownlow votes in just his fourth game when he tore Gold Coast apart on the MCG.

The speedy wingman/forward looked to be consolidating that promising start late in 2012 when he put in a series of exciting performances including a five-goal haul against St Kilda in round 20, which earned him a Brownlow vote.

He signed a two-year contract at the end of that season, committing to the club under former coach Mark Neeld and continuing to work on his endurance.

He then suffered an ankle injury in the NAB Cup of 2013, which set his season adrift and he played just 10 games before having post-season surgery.

Despite solid form in 15 VFL matches this year, he played just two senior games under Paul Roos (his fifth senior coach at Melbourne), with the highlight being his two-bounce running goal against Port Adelaide in round 18.

However he was dropped after a poor performance the following week against the Brisbane Lions and ended the season in the VFL.

Blease was good enough to be twice nominated for the NAB AFL Rising Star Award but he played in just six wins in his six seasons with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back