List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can also see this, multiple tall forwards leading down both wings to provide get out/tall marking options as we work our way up the field. Along with goldy, having another two of Brown/Black/Petrie/Waite would make us a force when going forward from say an opposition behind/turnover in our D50.

Would really like to know what happens to Wood though next season if we do get Waite. Can't see how a Petrie, Brown, Black, Waite and Wood forward line could work if that's what they're thinking. And, to a lesser extent, what happens to Daw/Tarrant (Tarrant probably gone unfortunately)?

Also, would this change our draft thinking for this year? What are our main priorities? KPF/KPD with the first few picks to develop until Petrie/Waite move on? Or another mid to develop alongside Dumont, Garner, Turner, McDonald as our next generation. Interesting times ahead even after our season is officially over, whenever that may be.

Wood is a dynamic talent. He easily has the ability to play a free half forward role the same way Angus Monfries does.

He has a huge tank, excellent agility for his size, clean hands, and clearly a ****ing good kick. He's as close to untouchable as there is in our kids.

I think with Free Agency, you sometimes have to overpay slightly to get the player to leave his club. The advantage obviously, is no compensation that we have to provide. I'd rather this, than having to trade.

This. This. This.

Put this question to people, what would you do if you could buy a top 30 pick for $200k straight out, would you do it?

Of course you would.

Because that's the figure people are getting bent up over, and that's what they'd want for Waite without free agency.

Wood is a dynamic talent. He easily has the ability to play a free half forward role the same way Angus Monfries does.

He has a huge tank, excellent agility for his size, clean hands, and clearly a ******* good kick. He's as close to untouchable as there is in our kids.
And yet people keep touching him.

This. This. This.

Put this question to people, what would you do if you could buy a top 30 pick for $200k straight out, would you do it?

Of course you would.

Because that's the figure people are getting bent up over, and that's what they'd want for Waite without free agency.
Wait, what?

He has a huge tank, excellent agility for his size, clean hands, and clearly a ******* good kick. He's as close to untouchable as there is in our kids.

I'm not saying trade him, I'm just wondering how he would work in a team that has Jarrad Waite in it as well as our other talls, and what would it look like?

So would I be right in thinking Petrie deep with Brown, LT and Waite roaming in the forward 50, and both Black and Wood playing that high half forward role?

That seems too tall to me. Where does that leave Turner? Maybe Turner for the lesser performing player out of Black and Wood? I don't know it's all speculation but it's interesting, and looks pretty potent.

Wait, what?

Well if we trade for him,the club has the upper hand in negotiations with Waite, he may have signed for 350 a year (which is pretty close to the average wage btw), as apposed to 450 a year through free agency.

So, what would you prefer, 200k or a second round pick?

I think, even with 15 odd games next year, he's still good for 30+, with a possibility of exploding if he gets a good run at it.

The guys never played in a genuine finals side with another decent tall forward. The sides he played in with Fev were absolutely atrocious, add to that he's one of the best one on one marks in the league.

I'm not sure why people can't be anything but really excited about this. If you are worried about age, then how the **** are you going to approach Boomer, Petrie, Dal Santo and Wells next year?!?

So what do people think our ideal forward line would be next year?

Black Petrie LT

Turner Waite Brown

My questions are?

• what about Wood
  • does this mean Ziebell and Cunners wont rest forward as much
  • Garner (speculative i guess)
At the end of the day, we are probably likely to have injury cause some of those players to miss. And i guess Waite can play back so we have a little extra coverage there.

I think this would mean Tazz is officially gone.

Drew is getting on, not as agile or jumping on packs like he once was. Brown is still very early days and has some development to go although very promising. For mine we're a tad top heavy with both. I wouldnt be surprised if we're thinking Petrie or Brown out of the square that can pinch hit in the ruck.

Something like

Thomas Petrie (or Brown) JZ/Cunners

Turner/ Harvey Waite Black

Id think that the preferred setup, but also have the ability to play both Petrie and Brown if needed. Waite is fairly fast so could take Black's spot if down of form also. I also wouldnt be surprised one bit if big Drew retired tbh.

Pykie is usually a top judge so my fears are a little eased.

I see the upside but there are obviously worries too. Mate asked me to try justify why adding waite becomes a headache for opposition and when you think it through it really does cause problems for a defense.

Marking talls in Petrie, Brown, Waite - 2 of which have experience in defense if needed.
Medium marking talls who are good below the knees in Black/Wood.
Smalls In Nahas, Boomer, Thomas, Turner.

Not to mention throwing in a couple of mediums in Ziebell and Cunnington that can clunk them every day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy had a piece on Wells, Boomer and Atley as the most elite kicks of the footy going inside 50.
Surely Waite would be licking his lips along with Dal Santo in the middle.
These are the 5 choices they put up on their FB page for who would you prefer... says something really.

10644968_815369161847568_2744650985938285405_n.jpg

I think, even with 15 odd games next year, he's still good for 30+, with a possibility of exploding if he gets a good run at it.

The guys never played in a genuine finals side with another decent tall forward. The sides he played in with Fev were absolutely atrocious, add to that he's one of the best one on one marks in the league.

I'm not sure why people can't be anything but really excited about this. If you are worried about age, then how the **** are you going to approach Boomer, Petrie, Dal Santo and Wells next year?!?

Yep, I don't understand the issues people have.

I think it just gets down to people have abused him for years and they're going to find it hard supporting him from next year.

Yep, I don't understand the issues people have.

I think it just gets down to people have abused him for years and they're going to find it hard supporting him from next year.

****ing get over it, we have a small window of experienced players before we will require a mini rebuild, so they better start enjoying it.

... Sounds like your stance was changed from telling us we're wrong to trying to smooth things over but now I'm the bad guy. This isn't me getting the last word because I won't. This is me raging over what I hope is a shitty rumour.

We need Jaksch or Frost more than we need Waite. That's what I believe.

Waite is a FA, we can still trade for them

400-450K really doesnt seem a lot to pay for a bloke that will immediately be our second best key forward, has experience and may well kick between 35 and 50 goals next season. In fact in a climate where Frawley can get 600k a year for 5 years for being absolutely bang average it seems quite cheap.

I'm not worried about age i'm more worried about who doesn't get games if Waite does.

Freo would be in Black's ear in a heartbeat if hes condemned to the 2s.

How do we maintain interest in staying for Petrie, Waite, Black, Brown, Daw, Tarrant, Wood? If only 3 can realistically play at any given time.

How much do we gain from a free Waite if it leads to Taz, Black and Wood asking for trades for more gametime elsewhere?

Exactly. It's ridiculous when you use some perspective.

Didn't think we went back to being completely desperate.
I'm not going to take the time required to dig out your posts regarding NDS this time last year, but I’m pretty sure they would be along the above lines.

Dude, you really need to stop being so negative about everything.

So what do people think our ideal forward line would be next year?

Black Petrie LT

Turner Waite Brown

My questions are?

• what about Wood
  • does this mean Ziebell and Cunners wont rest forward as much
  • Garner (speculative i guess)
At the end of the day, we are probably likely to have injury cause some of those players to miss. And i guess Waite can play back so we have a little extra coverage there.

I think this would mean Tazz is officially gone.

25 hours from our first prelim in 7 years, who gives a f..... about next year right now?

I am a little excited about tomorrow.

I'm not worried about age i'm more worried about who doesn't get games if Waite does.

Freo would be in Black's ear in a heartbeat if hes condemned to the 2s.

How do we maintain interest in staying for Petrie, Waite, Black, Brown, Daw, Tarrant, Wood? If only 3 can realistically play at any given time.

How much do we gain from a free Waite if it leads to Taz, Black and Wood asking for trades for more gametime elsewhere?

Brown can be back up for when one of Petrie or Waite can't get on the park.
Black and wood will play every game next year.
Daw is way down pecking order.
Tarrant and Curran I fear have already played their last game for North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back