List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black has the potential to be a top 5 player at our club and Waite or no Waite his form should dictate he plays.
Largely disagree- if NM had Franklin, Cloke and Walker then none of our current forwards would be getting a game so by adding more starting calibre forwards into the mix you'll inevitably be pushing someone out... Unless Waite is not good enough and in that case we've wasted some serious coin and a roster spot.

Because of Waite, two of Brown, Black and the forgotten Daw will have their development stalled in the VFL like Luke Delaney, and we all know what happened there.

Not a fan of this acquisition at all. It's boom or bust. If we don't win a premiership next year then the FA addition will look horrific.

I hope the rumours are true. Best of luck to waite if he does leave to nmfc. Hopefully now with waite gone our forwards will become better.

I wouldnt be too thrilled to have waite in my team if I was a kangas supporter. He is always injured or gets himself suspended, rarely even kicks any goals, has like 2 games at his best a year if lucky. He honestly is a disappointment, I cant think of any good game he has had except that one game against your team, how ironic.

He may help your forward if he doesnt get injured/suspended, but I seriously wouldnt count on it.

Expect waite to play like 12-15 next year providing he isnt dropped to the vfl, then expect even fewer... Im not kidding either, he really isnt worth the risk.

Cheers mate - I think you're right. I've enjoyed watching him when he's on - he's an exciting player, but yeah, just not often enough.

I must admit I don't really get the alarmism. How settled has North's forward line been the past 3 years?

The reality is form and injuries play their part, it is rare for any team to keep a constant line up. If by some fluke we have all our forwards fit and healthy next year, then the odds are someone down back will be out and a guy like Waite can play either end. If we are fortunate in that both ends of the ground are fit and in form, we certainly won't be complaining.

Last edited:
Not good signs for tazza, I think after his surgery, if he doesn't recovery or has any setbacks he will pull the pin.

Not overly stoked about Waite, he is very injury prone and inconsistent. Personally think he is one injury away from being cooked totally. His attitude when things aren't going his way is generally piss poor.

happy that it was through free agency rather than a trade.

Stats Averages:
Jarrad Waite

D: 14.2, 5.8 Marks, 1.4 goals, 0.9 behinds, 2.6 tackles, Hitouts 0.1, Frees for 0.8, Frees against 1.2,

8th Marks inside 50 per game- 2011
5th contested marks per game 2011
6th marks per game 2011
3rd Marks per game 2012
5th Contested marks per game 2012
6th marks inside 50-2013
4th Contested marks per game 2013
9th Marks inside 50 per game 2014
Ranked 3rd for Contested marks 2014

So basically what he does is mark a lot. Could be useful.

He also surprisingly racks up inside 50s. averaging 30 or so a year.

To put it in perspective, his year this year was almost statistically identical to Blacks year last year (with a couple more marks per game) when everyone thought it could be a break out year and he'd go up from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did the Waite news come from anyway? I can't find anything even close to an official source.
Someone on the Carlton board knows/asked Blues assistant coach, Barker, who said $50K more p.a. and a definite 2 yrs, he's going to North.

Someone on the Carlton board knows/asked Blues assistant coach, Barker, who said $50K more p.a. and a definite 2 yrs, he's going to North.
Not as dissapointed as others are. I trust the recruiting team know what they're doing with this.

Can say. I am not over excited about getting Waite or Higgins. They think the window is open for the next 2 years.
Am OK with this, only if they pick up kids in the draft as well.

Can say. I am not over excited about getting Waite or Higgins. They think the window is open for the next 2 years.

There has been a few quizzical responses to North, Waite and our "window". I'm not 100% sold on the idea, maybe when the seasons done and dusted I could be swayed.

So here's a pic of weight working against us and our widow.......

upload_2014-9-19_16-42-24.jpeg

I am sure we will pick up kids starting at pick #18 or #19.

They are the FA available that do not cost the earth. We have players retiring in the next 2 seasons.

Plenty of $ to spend again on FA 2 years from now when our core mids and flankers are 130-150 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back