List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would cut Jacobs before Nahas, deserves one more year injury-free.

There would be a number of players in line before either IMHO and they are competing for completely different positions. Seems an inane comparison.

FWIW I heard that Nahas may be the one actually initiating this talk, he's upset that even if we win the Grand Final North can't match Richmond's streak for the year.

do not need. Sam wright has cemented that spot higgins would have taken i imagine

CBF trolling through 70 odd pages, but has Mitch Clarks name been brought up at all?

Given he is DEFINITELY leaving Melbourne, he will be available. Now im guessing here, but a 26 year old key forward who was a top round draft pick will allegedly be available for a second or third round trade.

I think he is a better fit than waite and will make a great signing for the club. Two years off means the body should be right, and if he has his mind in the right space, could just about be the best trade of the year.

Rumour has it that North are one of the leading contenders for Higgins' services...

But I can't see where he would fit in to our best 22?
We are talking about a guy who averages one goal a game, who has played significant time int he midfield and defence, is only 26 yet has enormous upside as a complimentary small forward to Thomas and Turner. He is an enormous upgrade on Nahas who everyone thinks is close to being in our best 22, and would be a better midfielder than most we would like to throw in there. He averages almost 18 possies over his career, has thrown off the injury concerns that have plagued him and is coming into the prime of his career. I think he would be outstanding, costs us nothing and the only real cost is a spot on the list for a bloke that has a truckload of ability. I really hope we get him. And don't forget the silk in our side, ie Wells, Harvey and Dal, are closer to the end than the beginning.

He is an enormous upgrade on Nahas who everyone thinks is close to being in our best 22, and would be a better midfielder than most we would like to throw in there.

Not if we're talking about defensive pressure or tenacity.

Based on what I saw this season, we win more games than we lose when Robbie Nahas plays. Not sure I'd say the same of Higgins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Liam Anthony will be offered up us trade bait, especially to either West Coast or Freo as he's a WA boy... Given that Bastinac has been somewhat on the outer this year I wouldn't be surprised if his name gets thrown around too... Although I like him and want him to stay..

I reckon Liam Anthony will be offered up us trade bait, especially to either West Coast or Freo as he's a WA boy... Given that Bastinac has been somewhat on the outer this year I wouldn't be surprised if his name gets thrown around too... Although I like him and want him to stay..
Anthony was offered up last season, and didnt have any suitors.
He did have a great year in the VFL though.
Would be surprised if another club puts in a trade for him unless its an exchange of late draft picks.

He competes with Jacobs, Basti, McKenzie, etc. and maybe Gibbo for a midfield rotation.

Exactly, we have depth where as we have class to replace in the next few years. Allows for some back-loading to get some extra class now while we still have them.

Rumour has it that North are one of the leading contenders for Higgins' services...

But I can't see where he would fit in to our best 22?

Higgins as a HF and rotating through midfield adds a bit of class.

Can see him getting games over Adams and Nahas.

As it is our outside players have not all suited up for games pretty much all year.

Anthony has no value whatsoever.

Harsh, but probably true. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, my view on LA is that he is one of those players that can dominate at VFL level, but is not up to AFL level.

And to make a tangential point, he is probably the only player on the North list who wouldn't have done what Boomer did in 'the incident'. It's infuriating that LA won't block or shepherd or even work hard to make a tackle.

No point in anyone trading for Anthony unless it's a steak knives charity trade, and our list is in no state to be taking on charity fringe players. Anyone who wants him, and there can't be many, would be well aware he's likely to be available as a DFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back