2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon I will be one of the few people on this board happy if we manage to recruit Mitch Robinson, assuming of course we get him on the cheap, which seems likely.

I know about his off-field stuff, but he works bloody hard on the field, and he doesn't shy away from a contest. The quality of his disposal seems to have deteriorated, but possibly that's due to a lack of self confidence since Malthouse took over. When he's on song, he has a very direct way of playing footy which is great to watch. In my opinion, he is well worth the risk.
You have seen things that I never have.

Can anyone explain what Toumpas has shown that would make him worthy of us considering him even for a low pick. And on Robbo pleeeeeaaassse NO repeat No. He would only be holding back a Beams or Crisp.

You have seen things that I never have.

You have no idea...

But seriously, go back two years and Robinson was a genuinely useful player. There's some reason preventing him from playing at that level now. It might be something to do with Carlton and where they're at right now, and it might be fixable.

Or it might not be fixable, and we might be stuck with a dud. But trading for players when their value is lowest seems to be a strategy that most successful teams lately have employed to some extent, even if that means you get the occasional Cameron Bruce.

Can anyone explain what Toumpas has shown that would make him worthy of us considering him even for a low pick.

His pre-draft footy was sensational. An absolute highlight reel.

Hasnt managed to replicate it at AFL level.

Okay, so we are still getting overly carried away by the same Mitch Robinson rumour being re-reported?
Not carried away just genuinely frightened that we may just end up with him. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the mighty Lions.

Funny how the duds always manage to make there way to Brisbane, whereas the decent players tend to take a detour just before they get to us....hello Tippett and maybe add Ryder to that list too.

I reckon I will be one of the few people on this board happy if we manage to recruit Mitch Robinson, assuming of course we get him on the cheap, which seems likely.

I know about his off-field stuff, but he works bloody hard on the field, and he doesn't shy away from a contest. The quality of his disposal seems to have deteriorated, but possibly that's due to a lack of self confidence since Malthouse took over. When he's on song, he has a very direct way of playing footy which is great to watch. In my opinion, he is well worth the risk.
I'd prefer putting time into Robbo Jr. Same kind of player but can run all day and is bigger.

You have no idea...

But seriously, go back two years and Robinson was a genuinely useful player. There's some reason preventing him from playing at that level now. It might be something to do with Carlton and where they're at right now, and it might be fixable.

Or it might not be fixable, and we might be stuck with a dud. But trading for players when their value is lowest seems to be a strategy that most successful teams lately have employed to some extent, even if that means you get the occasional Cameron Bruce.
I have always thought him an astonishingly average player. He runs around a heck of a lot with little output and leads with his chin hard man style. I am not prone to bag players of lessor ability as I know that they try to the vest of their ability but this young man is from my observations an astonishingly ordinary player. He could come to us for a farthing and I would consider that poorly invested.

You have no idea...

Mick has a game plan unlike Ratts.
Mitch doesn't undermastand game plans.
That's the reason for preventing him from hitting those lofty heights displayed under Ratts.

Not carried away just genuinely frightened that we may just end up with him. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the mighty Lions.

Funny how the duds always manage to make there way to Brisbane, whereas the decent players tend to take a detour just before they get to us....hello Tippett and maybe add Ryder to that list too.

Sounds a bit carried away to me.

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/ST_17.9.14.mp3

Swanny interview at 18:55 onwards.

Clearly doesn't sound like we are pursuing him heavily. Sounds like Schwab met with him (and a number of other players by the sounds of it) out of due diligence. Really sounds to me like Swanny is just trying to talk up a troubled kid he has known for the last 6 years.

Can we just relax and not always assume the worst about our club at every turn.

I'd prefer putting time into Robbo Jr. Same kind of player but can run all day and is bigger.
Agree but our Robbo also knows where the ball is as opposed to the Mitch one who in my opinion reads the play more poorly than anyone in the game since Alby Proud.

Yeh I'm still a no for Robbo. Gotta think about who in the Lions best 22 you'd like to be sitting out for Mitch to be getting a game. And for me personally, don't think it is anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always thought him an astonishingly average player. He runs around a heck of a lot with little output and leads with his chin hard man style. I am not prone to bag players of lessor ability as I know that they try to the vest of their ability but this young man is from my observations an astonishingly ordinary player. He could come to us for a farthing and I would consider that poorly invested.

I reckon it's quite a feet to be astonishingly average.

'My goodness, look how average that player is!' said John, clearly astonished.

Interesting Jake Niall thinks Sydney is not happening. Really starting to get confused as to what the Ryder is actually up to now

I wonder if maybe we're all over thinking this a bit. The initial scoop listed Brisbane as his destination of choice. He has family ties here. So far as I can tell, we were the first club he visited. We have a lot of cash in the salary cap that we presumably won't be apprehensive of front ending.

Of course he'll hear out options, but other than Caroline Wilson reporting that we thought Port were in the lead, I see no hard evidence to suggest we're not still ahead.

I wonder if maybe we're all over thinking this a bit. The initial scoop listed Brisbane as his destination of choice. He has family ties here. So far as I can tell, we were the first club he visited. We have a lot of cash in the salary cap that we presumably won't be apprehensive of front ending.

Of course he'll hear out options, but other than Caroline Wilson reporting that we thought Port were in the lead, I see no hard evidence to suggest we're not still ahead.

Think it might be too good to be true. Very skeptical.

ewis1.gif

My scepticism is based on not much more than it really doesn't seem like a good fit. We don't particularly need him, and I don't really see why he'd particularly want to come to us.

The last few years it seems that players with options go to clubs where they can expect short term success.

yes-reaction-gifs.gif

My scepticism is based on not much more than it really doesn't seem like a good fit. We don't particularly need him, and I don't really see why he'd particularly want to come to us.

The last few years it seems that players with options go to clubs where they can expect short term success.

I think that's fair from a playing standpoint. From a lifestyle standpoint, we're cashed up and as far away from the ASADA thing as you can get. I feel cautiously optimistic.

I think that's fair from a playing standpoint. From a lifestyle standpoint, we're cashed up and as far away from the ASADA thing as you can get. I feel cautiously optimistic.

Good point. That part at least does ring true.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back