2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Official crowd 11,342. Great effort.

Incredible crowd! I reckon the maximum capacity would be 13,500 as a jam packed crowd.
My nonno almost fell off his chair when I told him the attendance. These type of crowds were simply unheard of 30 years ago let alone on a Tuesday night during AFL grand final week.

Incredible crowd! I reckon the maximum capacity would be 13,500 as a jam packed crowd.
My nonno almost fell off his chair when I told him the attendance. These type of crowds were simply unheard of 30 years ago let alone on a Tuesday night during AFL grand final week.

They weren't unheard of, Heidelberg hosting South Melbourne in the Nsl days would attract even bigger, in fact I recall one year they put in a temporary stand and the crowd was 14,000, last night was heidelbergs biggest crowd since 2005 which was about 10,000 against South, the incredible thing is the crowd was very pro Heidelberg, it felt like a victory v city match in terms of crowd ratio, anyone that knows Heidelberg would know they often get heavily outnumbered at home in derby games against South Melb, so last night was something really special for them to have the bulk of the crowd following them, katsouranis certainly helped pull in the extra thousands.

Was a great night. I reckon the crowd was about 80/20 in Heidelberg's favour. Pity the home side didn't score one for the fans. I know it was only FFA Cup, but I reckon Mooy is going to rip the A League apart this year.

Would have been 3-4,000 City fans there no worries at all.
Funny atmosphere, crowd seemed to float in and out a lot but overall terrific. 11.3k on a Tuesday night in the suburbs is outstanding.
City miles too good and should have been 3 or 4 up early but without a doubt if Tando hadn't made that save about 20 min in it could have panned out differently.
Mooy is a class above the rest, and really liked what I saw from Fornaroli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hume City home game so I guess Victory will still be waiting for information. It is on Hume City FC website too.

Seats should be in for this match too so won't be all that bad.

Hume City home game so I guess Victory will still be waiting for information. It is on Hume City FC website too.

Seats should be in for this match too so won't be all that bad.

no doubt

But it just defeats the purpose of what the competition is suppose to be about, community orientated, souvlaki smoke, dodgy pitch, cramped terreace, flares etc.. etc.. thats all going to be missed as well as a lack of atmosphere, due to the match being played at a soulless stadium.

Just smells like Hume city sold there soul only to cash in on $$$$ good luck to them on that behalf but seriously it just doesn't feel right.

Was a great night. I reckon the crowd was about 80/20 in Heidelberg's favour. Pity the home side didn't score one for the fans. I know it was only FFA Cup, but I reckon Mooy is going to rip the A League apart this year.

No way it was 80/20 Heidelberg's way ... there were plenty of City fans there and a lot of neutral Greeks. Was a great atmosphere ... second half it was like Mooy just decided enough was enough

Club statement from Hume City F.C. on the venue change for our FFA Cup Semi Final matchup from ABD Stadium to Etihad Stadium.

"Club statement : Hume City puts fan comfort ahead of home ground advantage.

After much deliberation Hume City FC has decided to move its home semi final against Melbourne Victory away from the home fortress at ABD Stadium to Etihad Stadium.

Hume city FC President Steve Kaya said “I want to give as many fans of Hume City the opportunity to support their team against the giants of Melbourne Victory. It was tough to give up our home advantage but if we insisted on playing at home our small capacity means that thousands of Hume City fans, neutrals and Melbourne Victory fans would miss out.”

“Meeting and agreeing to play the game at Etihad Stadium means that all football fans will get access to a modern and comfortable stadium and no one has to miss out.”

Etihad Stadium CEO Paul Sergeant said “this is a great outcome for fans from grassroots fans to supporters of the elite game. It’s a win-win for football and we’re looking forward to welcoming everyone on what will be a fantastic night for the game here in Melbourne.”"

What a shit game. Definitely doesn't seem like a Cup Final qualifier. City resting half their side also suggests they gave no shits about this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back