2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Castro was terrific in the small part of the game that I watched. Some beautiful first touches and great vision. Fernandes is an embarrassment with his lack of quality and ridiculous staging.
Glory did well to shut down Mooy and anybody else that was trying to set up attacks.

Just over 4k at the game. Perth no chance of hosting the final and probably never were. Should get a decent crowd in Melbourne for the final. Funny how they complained so much last year that they didn't get the home final yet the crowd this year in the Final qualifier was an embarrassment.

Just over 4k at the game. Perth no chance of hosting the final and probably never were. Should get a decent crowd in Melbourne for the final. Funny how they complained so much last year that they didn't get the home final yet the crowd this year in the Final qualifier was an embarrassment.
Their crowds in general are an embarassment.

By rights Perth should host the final considering we were screwed out of hosting it last year.

The FFA likes to trumpet the game is growing and is represented Australia wide - then show it....

1. Last years final will not and should not have any impact on where the final is held.

2. Given Perth were cheating to make last seasons Cup final, I doubt the FFA are going to consider it in the slightest.

Perth had the chance to make a statement this week... And they did I guess. It just wasn't a positive one with an NSL-level crowd there.

1. Last years final will not and should not have any impact on where the final is held.

2. Given Perth were cheating to make last seasons Cup final, I doubt the FFA are going to consider it in the slightest.

Perth had the chance to make a statement this week... And they did I guess. It just wasn't a positive one with an NSL-level crowd there.
Adelaide had 4k fans at their semi last year. That should not matter. A midweek game is always going to struggle to pulls fans regardless of who's playing and what the game is.

I admit last seasons indiscretions will probably affect our chances but back to back finals should at least offer us a chance to host it.

Adelaide had 4k fans at their semi last year. That should not matter. A midweek game is always going to struggle to pulls fans regardless of who's playing and what the game is.

I admit last seasons indiscretions will probably affect our chances but back to back finals should at least offer us a chance to host it.

I'm not even saying that the salary cap issues should preclude them from hosting it - I'm just saying that I think it stops last season from being considered (not that it should've been anyway).

I'm only so adamant about Perth not hosting it because I think Victory, as the away team against a state league side, only need 5000 to turn up this Wednesday to lock it up.

Especially when the FFA keeps the money from the final, so will always take a Melbourne Victory crowd over a Perth Glory crowd, and especially when there's some whispers that the FFA have sharked the deal that Etihad Stadium offered Hume City regarding hosting the final (and that $120k-ish that went with it).

Err, the crowd at the Semi was way under a typical Perth Glory NSL crowd.

Reality is the FFA were never going to hold the final in Perth. Agree with Sage's idea that the final should be over two legs to prevent this sh*t fight every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err, the crowd at the Semi was way under a typical Perth Glory NSL crowd.

Reality is the FFA were never going to hold the final in Perth. Agree with Sage's idea that the final should be over two legs to prevent this sh*t fight every year.

All finals should be over two legs, league and cup. It's just the stubborn, money driven FFA that love this ridiculous idea of sudden death. The notion that a team can finish with more losses than wins in sixth position and have the same amount of chance progressing to week two as an unbeaten top side is ridiculous.

I don't know whether I should be grumpy at how expensive tickets to the final were compared to A-League tickets, or whether I should be happy at how reasonably priced they are compared to say, the AFL Grand Final.

I bought one anyway, but only went with a Cat B.

Going (as a Glory fan) this weekend. Should be a good game, mildly optimistic about an upset but in reality the Victory'll win about 3-1.

Only 9,000 tickets sold. Looking like that the stadium will be barely half full for a major Cup final.

I'll be there but I feel like the final is being held way too early in the season especially as they have been denied any sort of build up thanks to the Melbourne Cup and the cricket. Just before or just after Christmas would be the best time for it.

Only 9,000 tickets sold. Looking like that the stadium will be barely half full for a major Cup final.

I'll be there but I feel like the final is being held way too early in the season especially as they have been denied any sort of build up thanks to the Melbourne Cup and the cricket. Just before or just after Christmas would be the best time for it.

Spot on I agree it's been way overshadowed. I still think they'll get over 20k on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back