Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
burgoyne sub...
sacrilegious i know but he is mr fix it who can play anywhere and everyone else seems structure and from all reports has been very light on track this week. Just a thought in that he would be an amazing player to bring on at half time...

Newspaper Headlines in want to see.
Weagles Web broken.
WA teams don't know how to kick goals at the windy MCG.
- Hodge cements immortality with 3rd Norm Smith

sub can come from anywhere, doesnt have to be named on the bench.

its gotta be either Suckling or Gunner for me
For it to come from another position, the team listed has to be altered from the team that's submitted around midday on Saturday.

Now ask yourself, how often does Clarko do that? He would already know who he wants as sub, so unless something unexpected happens, it will be one of the four on the interchange.

Asking alot but any idea on the rough rankings

Im away from home and missed League Teams

I do know he tipped Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn and Sydney in recent years

3/4 is a decent strike rate!

He's only gotten 2 wrong since 2000 apparently funnily enough it was Geelong vs Hawthorn 2008 and Sydney vs Hawthorn 2014, he put all his criteria together and had Hawthorn on 18 points West Coast 17.5 end result = Hawks by a goal.

burgoyne sub...
sacrilegious i know but he is mr fix it who can play anywhere and everyone else seems structure and from all reports has been very light on track this week. Just a thought in that he would be an amazing player to bring on at half time...
ffs

Suckling sub. Eagles defenders will tire as the game goes late not able to cover the same amount of space. Especially if we can keep them honest early.

Enter Suckling who can cut them apart if he gets free. Can go forward or back. Probably the choice for me.

i know...i know...i'm trying to think outside the square of what the sub has been and who can be the all rounder to bring more than expected into the game. happy to be shot down but also conscious that much of burgoynes greatest work has been second half, and if he is fresher than normal in the second half we could see a burgoyne of six to ten years ago against more warn legs...
just a thought for discussion...

Work made me apply for a job I'd been doing for 18 months due to a restructure. I wanted to tell them to jam it but I thought of Schoey. It might sound naff, however it was useful inspiration!

Those interviews are like going to catholic confession. They know what youre going to say, you know what theyre going to say. You go in, you say the right words in the right order, and put a dollar in th poor box on the way out

To deviate from that for a whole restrucure would be just too hard in practice. It is a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know...i know...i'm trying to think outside the square of what the sub has been and who can be the all rounder to bring more than expected into the game. happy to be shot down but also conscious that much of burgoynes greatest work has been second half, and if he is fresher than normal in the second half we could see a burgoyne of six to ten years ago against more warn legs...
just a thought for discussion...
Sorry to come across dismissively of your post...

It'll never make sense anyway I try to spin it LL.

I maybe in the minority however

Am going to PlayMyRole and trust in Clarko.

The sceptic in me says we will miss Hartungs run and having a tall as a sub makes no sense, but illl put my faith in Clarko.

Sorry to come across dismissively of your post...

It'll never make sense anyway I try to spin it LL.

I maybe in the minority however

yeah good!
I'm just struggling with who should be the sub for this one as there is no obvious candidate.
On form i struggle with duryea, suckling or shoe being the sub so I'm trying to work out how to make the sub a weapon.
who else...lewis...stratton????

Gutted for Billy. Really thought he'd stay in and be the impact player at the end (though hopefully we don't need it).

I just hope we don't make the mistake of having Dureya as sub. Need him on the field. Played a huge game last week

Anyway, I'm just happy and proud to be a hawks member right now.4 grand finals in a row, going for a 3rd flag in a row. Just amazing. Win, lose or draw, just happy to have had the pleasure to have watched this team play

Hey guys, interested in the changes you've put out tonight.

Firstly congrats to Schoenmakers who would be deserving of a premiership medal, adds real flexibility to the Hawthorn team, good foil for Roughead and Gunston and the kind of forward that can push higher up the ground, strong athlete.

I feel for Hartung, perfect sub material and with expected warm weather I reckon he could be a late inclusion. For who is the question but, I initially scoffed at Campbell Brown's suggestion of Gunston in for Puopolo but when looking at Poppy's recent scoreboard form the stats aren't great. If selected he'd want to ramp up the forward pressure again this week. Hartung for Poppy maybe?

Than there is the question of Ceglar, athletically he can go with Nic Naitanui better than say a David Hale can but Hale gives a better goal scoring option deep forward than JC does.

Good luck for Saturday anyway. I'm excited without being confident of the result, to get this far and coming from outside the 8 is a win already. The opportunity to play finals, have 2 home finals and than face off against the team of the decade in the big dance is something I didn't expect happening in 2015.

My heart bleeds West Coast but my head says Hawthorn by 14 points with Mitchell getting the Normie.

Hey guys, interested in the changes you've put out tonight.

Firstly congrats to Schoenmakers who would be deserving of a premiership medal, adds real flexibility to the Hawthorn team, good foil for Roughead and Gunston and the kind of forward that can push higher up the ground, strong athlete.

I feel for Hartung, perfect sub material and with expected warm weather I reckon he could be a late inclusion. For who is the question but, I initially scoffed at Campbell Brown's suggestion of Gunston in for Puopolo but when looking at Poppy's recent scoreboard form the stats aren't great. If selected he'd want to ramp up the forward pressure again this week. Hartung for Poppy maybe?

Than there is the question of Ceglar, athletically he can go with Nic Naitanui better than say a David Hale can but Hale gives a better goal scoring option deep forward than JC does.

Good luck for Saturday anyway. I'm excited without being confident of the result, to get this far and coming from outside the 8 is a win already. The opportunity to play finals, have 2 home finals and than face off against the team of the decade in the big dance is something I didn't expect happening in 2015.

My heart bleeds West Coast but my head says Hawthorn by 14 points with Mitchell getting the Normie.

Ceglar was pretty putrid last week of the VFL GF. Plus coming back from injury and really, you back the experienced blokes to halve their contests with the West Coast rucks.

In regards to Poppy, whilst we love it when he kicks goals, he provides a lot lot more. His forward line pressure is absolutely crucial. Same as Cyril, it's as much what they do off the ball, then what they do with it.

all the best for the weekend. Reckon it's going to be a very very good game. I've back us by 20-29 pts, and hoping we do so there is some comfort towards the end, but you blokes have had a great year and are in with a huge show on the weekend

8 tall vs 6 talls.

That definitely worries me, particularly if it is hot.

Ultimately though, I think if we bring the hunger and intensity that we brought last year. We will win.

But it is going to be really, really tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back