Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
burgoyne sub...
sacrilegious i know but he is mr fix it who can play anywhere and everyone else seems structure and from all reports has been very light on track this week. Just a thought in that he would be an amazing player to bring on at half time...

lol, **** no. we'd essentially be bringing him on to fix the issue(s) caused by not starting him! ;)

I'm really happy for Shoey. No one gets gifted a Grand Final spot, not at Hawthorn since Greg Madigan, so he's earned it. And for all the crap he's been through, I'm wrapped that he's playing too. Go and create some history, Shoey.

One of the key elements in my opinion is a stable coaching group for the Grand final. With Bolton going to the blues it has been so important that Ratten came back so quickly into the fold since his devestating loss. Our coaching and tactical strengths is one of the keys to why we have been in 4 straight grand finals.

Secondly our play is so much better than all the other clubs when we are on form, critically our pressure. If we can equal West Coasts pressure on the day our overall team depth and skills will win us the day.

Remember Freos amazing pressure. And Sydney's hard work and fighting spirit. Both teams we beat.

I'm just hoping we are hungry and aggressive as the rest will follow.

I think the talls is the ace Clarkos been keeping up his sleeve. Hes dabbled in it previously, but will spring a surprise edge to the game plan and unleash this on the weegs. This could become the way we move forward and evolve too.

No way suckers will be sub. Out of pop and doc for sub and clarko will play favourites with doc being sub.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

As with any sport Lord, bringing the hunger is crucial.

If we do, then the Eagles will find it difficult.

Very difficult.

Agreed.

I thought all year there was this measured complacency - born from success, I reckon - where they believed their best would beat any team anywhere. And they could just flip a switch. And the losses didn't really sting as much as normal because they knew they were better. Dangerous place to be, in my opinion. Because the whole playing spirit is more finely honed than that.

But, in the Crows game I thought we played with an intensity, a fcous and a spirit I hadn't seen all year. Same again last week.

Bring that game, and we'll go along way to taking home the cup.

burgoyne sub...
sacrilegious i know but he is mr fix it who can play anywhere and everyone else seems structure and from all reports has been very light on track this week. Just a thought in that he would be an amazing player to bring on at half time...
Most ridiculous post of 2015.
Is Burger not in your best 21?
All of you are falling into the trap trying to select the best sub.
Clarkson will select the best 21 and player 22 will be the sub.
And that will probably be Shoe, to replace Hale if no injuries.

I thought when Murphy was playing we couldn't win a flag with him in the side...

I have had the same thoughts about Ryan...

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, in fact I hope Ryan stands up and grabs it by the scruff of the neck and shakes it apart.

All the best soldier!!

8 tall vs 6 talls.

That definitely worries me, particularly if it is hot.

Ultimately though, I think if we bring the hunger and intensity that we brought last year. We will win.

But it is going to be really, really tough.
Dry weather perfect for talls.
If it was to rain we would want less talls.

yeah good!
I'm just struggling with who should be the sub for this one as there is no obvious candidate.
On form i struggle with duryea, suckling or shoe being the sub so I'm trying to work out how to make the sub a weapon.
who else...lewis...stratton????
The 22nd best player will be sub. Not Lewis or Stratton.

Work made me apply for a job I'd been doing for 18 months due to a restructure. I wanted to tell them to jam it but I thought of Schoey. It might sound naff, however it was useful inspiration!
Your call...but that stuff is bullshit.

I would have told them to jam it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Posted this on the main board but the weather at last years GF

Saturday 29, September 2014
Min 8.8
Max 23.4

We only won that game by 10 goals

We are also the number 1 club for final quarters

Has this been lost in the analysis?
Analysis will all change after Satdy anyway.

Analysis analysis..........

One thing that cant be analysed...the will to win....no matter what.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best side they could have selected tbh.

Shoey is in form and Hartung has been off.

Suckers to be the sub.
The first line sums it up for me.
There really not too many other ways we could go...
Hartung unfortunately, at this stage in his career, not really an option for a granny, yes would be fine to sub in if everything was going our way, but not one to help us if sub is needing to be made at height of battle.
Too light and has been a bit off form lately, probably due to being sub so many times lately..
After schoe and hartung, next cab is langford, which really didn't work for us in the QF, nor did he show enough in box hill finals...
After him, who could we have picked??
No one else has had recent enough afl gametime.. or knocked the door down at box hill...
Selectors hands tied IMO.

That said, I think the team selected can do the job.
Rough with the middle time, and to bring a return of beast mode from last years gf..
Gunners has had a very mobile role this year and is not a traditional tall...
Schoe not slow and covers a fair amount of ground too..

Really wouldn't want to have to pick the sub though...

I just won a Hawks Sherrin signed by Schoey, he MUST play! please.
Woot! My footy isn't worthless now! All you have to do now Schoey is lead Hawthorn to a famous win :cool:

The selection committee have proven they know what they're doing, but my first thought was that we're going in with 1 too many talls. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Gunston, Lake or Schoey as a late out. But then, I can't remember Clarko ever messing around with a named GF side before.

Too tall? Admittedly Hartung has underwhelmed in finals and Langford butchered the ball last time against the Eagles so maybe the match committee felt like they were out of options. I'm pleased to see Schoenmakers get the nod if he plays like last week.

One of the key elements in my opinion is a stable coaching group for the Grand final. With Bolton going to the blues it has been so important that Ratten came back so quickly into the fold since his devestating loss. Our coaching and tactical strengths is one of the keys to why we have been in 4 straight grand finals.

Secondly our play is so much better than all the other clubs when we are on form, critically our pressure. If we can equal West Coasts pressure on the day our overall team depth and skills will win us the day.

Remember Freos amazing pressure. And Sydney's hard work and fighting spirit. Both teams we beat.

I'm just hoping we are hungry and aggressive as the rest will follow.

Eagles must be pissed the usual suspects arent on their bandwagon

I'm really happy for Shoey. No one gets gifted a Grand Final spot, not at Hawthorn since Greg Madigan, so he's earned it. And for all the crap he's been through, I'm wrapped that he's playing too. Go and create some history, Shoey.
He's done well this year

Think we have made the wrong decision with Hartung out and Schoey in but I thought Cyril was a poor risk last year so who knows....

Out of those on the bench, Suckling sub. Has done it well enough in the past. Won't be Gunston or Hale and Doc surely can't be after last weeks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back