Game Day 2015 Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just getting in the mood by watching the 2014 Granny over breakfast.

Lunch in Richmond before going to the match.

Expecting the same result today (albeit a likely smaller margin).

Enjoy the day fellow Hawkers - there's history in the making!

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

I'd like to know why the muppet commentators and journalists continue to call the Weagles UNDERDOGS. We are the underdogs fgs, the Weagles won more than us, we played some pretty disappointing games and lost, ones we should never have lost! We were third on the ladder, they were 2nd. FGS, it shows you how ruddy stupid the media are.:oops:
I would rather we are called underdogs, and win from that position, than be favourites.
Sellers said that the Hawks had easy games before the GF. I'm disappointed in him, and not once did he give us a chance at all today, but he is usually very levelled. In one way I'm pleased the Weagles were picked, to win, just like Freo and Sydney wins, but they lost. I want King,Healey,Brown etc pick the Weagles, they put the mozz on the opposition..:D

Well slept, feel rested, and surprisingly calm this morning, have the BBQ at my joint so can just pot around this morning and chill, first beer will be probably cracked at around 10:30, prob around the same time that the nerves will be kicking in, I feel immensely proud of what the Hawks have been able to provide for us supporters, victory today would just mean so much and would no doubt position Clarko and this great team among the greatest of teams to have played the game, I feel quietly confident we will get the job done today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wind should help us. Very characteristic swirly wind behind the goals at each end. Hawks should be very familiar with it. Eagles are almost guaranteed to take minimum 25 shots today but with the pressure and that wind they will hopefully kick something like 7.18

Smalls crumbing talls and running into goal will be a common sight today I reckon. Breust, Rioli and Puopolo can hopefully make them hurt.

Man I'm pumped this is the 14th grand final Hawks have played in since I was born and the first I'm going to, hoping for the 10th win in my lifetime.
If we don't the fact I remember 13 grand finals and 8 of those flags will help but its probably the last chance for anyone to threepeat so the boys need to so this today.
CARN THE MIGHTY HAWKS!

BTW, we have a very strong north wind here already, at 8.45am. 25 degrees with winds 31km/h now, expecting 37 km/h gusty winds later. Not good weather. (We will get 32 temp today with 36 on Monday)
Why don't they play a GF at night, much better conditions, 30 degrees is not football weather. IMO. Would be a great night to go to the footy. :D

Could the late change be hale for ceglar
I hope we don't go in with one ruck. I feel we could probably break even with Nic Nat and Sinclair if our 2 rucks can contest the ruck well and drag them forward as often as possible. With just McEvoy that won't happen and he'll be so battered he won't be able to jump by half time.

To all my fellow supporters, today is our day. We are incredibly lucky to support this great club. I'm living in NYC and a little envious of you Melbournites in the brown and gold army today. Cheer loud and proud as I will be in Manhattan.

Good players inspire themselves. Great players inspire others.

Godspeed my friends. We are Hawthorn! Let's bring it home.

Not so nervous, they will come later no doubt.
I feel that we can win and I think we will know early but it could genuinely go either way as both teams match up very well and they have a great weapon in Simmo.

No matter what happens today, I can't thank this club enough for the happiness it sends my way. To be back to back premiers and to have seen so many finals and premierships makes me smile and gives me hours and hours of replay enjoyment - I can't imagine what that would be like if they do a threepeat.

BRING IT HOME MY BEAUTIFUL BOYS - GO HAWKS

Wind should help us. Very characteristic swirly wind behind the goals at each end. Hawks should be very familiar with it. Eagles are almost guaranteed to take minimum 25 shots today but with the pressure and that wind they will hopefully kick something like 7.18

Smalls crumbing talls and running into goal will be a common sight today I reckon. Breust, Rioli and Puopolo can hopefully make them hurt.

This. Gusty winds just started up. Home ground advantage just doubled.

Watch out for if the weagles take their chance at goal kicking in the warm up, particularly city end. Freos failure to do that may have cost them in 2014

I hope we don't go in with one ruck. I feel we could probably break even with Nic Nat and Sinclair if our 2 rucks can contest the ruck well and drag them forward as often as possible. With just McEvoy that won't happen and he'll be so battered he won't be able to jump by half time.

Its too radical for clarko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back