Game Day 2015 Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are lucky enough to be at the G today lets all support the hawks loudly from start to finish, hold nothing back, this is it, history. The greatest moment of all our lives! And give it to wet toast whenever they touch the ball, hostile environment like they give us. Lets get our team over the line!!! Cmon hawkers

..for all the critics..the coaches tipping against us..that its too hot today for us..we're too old..West Coast are a younger and hungrier team..that we have injuries....and let's not forget THE WEB!!...oh deary me! Every year they throw us under the bus..and a new team that will beat us!

..this man all year has had his angry face on...just for this day!

r0_0_3000_1687_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Come at us West Coast..we're waiting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, a very nervous hello to all the Hawks getting ready for today.

Being a half Australian - half American Mongrel, I lived in Australia from the late 70's to the late '80's and this quiet young man from Adelaide (via Glasgow) was the rock flavour of the decade.

He also had a fair bit of influence in my musical education during my Scotch College days and managed to help me rinse off the odour of playing Under 19's for Richmond - (only kidding, I actually enjoyed playing there as they were a great club and a fantastic group of guys).

Anyhow to lighten the mood a little bit and get everyone truly pumped, this is one old farts suggestion for our song today to my fellow Hawk fans.

No Second Prize Hawks - Immortality Awaits.

P.S: If it really is as hot and windy as the Google Weather suggests - I think we need to surrender one of the talls in order to add some very needed run and carry.

Do you think Hale out and Hartung in?

I would have Roughead contest all the stoppages forward of centre as a mobile ruck/forward and try and cause some carnage with Shoemakers/Gunston along with the small forwards.

I think this can allow McEvoy to drop in the slot in front of Kennedy/Darling across half back - with Gibbo released to an extent with Birchall/Duryea to run the ball out of the backline.

I just think we are a bit top heavy, combined with the age profile and the heat/wind.

I know it was when Eve was a young girl, but when I played at the MCG and the wind was a blowing, the ball used to wobble, swirl and drop through the air very quickly and quite viciously. Judging the ball for overhead marking was nearly impossible - so if we get caught bombing long through the Weagles Web, I think we are in trouble with a capital T.

If it hits the ground we need runners/crumbers not talls - I would sacrifice Hale's 2 contested marks for Billy Hartung's speed, burst and endurance running.

If Hale had been taking marks and hitting the scoreboard this season I think I would back in his position - but his output has been on the decline in the later part of the year.

I think McEvoy while being slow and a poor jumper is at the very least an endurance animal, that will be beneficial after half time in the heat. I think he has the ability to just keep running and running, when many of the other players will probably have blown up a bit due to the excitement of the day and the ferocity of the contest.

We can't win the Ruck out of the middle anyway - so I would at least try and halve Nic Naitanui influences through physicality.

I know it's harsh, but I would have Big Boy jumping into Nic Naitanui ribs all day and smashing his body so bad it still hurts into pre-season. I trust our midfield to rove his touches anyway and at least break even on the clearances.

This is where we need to excel - the ball on turnover - and we need speed, beautiful lightening quick speed.

If you can't breathe you can't run - or as someone far more wise than I said, "Hit the body and you kill the mind."

I hope I am wrong and everyone can come back on this forum and say it's lucky you're in the States, as you know nothing about football!!!

Unfortunately winning the toss may have a big say in this game. You would want to win the toss and kick with the wind. It's just too strong right now and could result in psychological damage if kicking against it. First quarter will decide the winner.

I wanna see us control the ball out of our back line switch the play to get around the web actually hit our targets coming inside the Centre square. I think last weeks game was perfect preperation for dismantling the web. We need to dominate possession early like a soccer team does playing at home, let them sit back and be chasing us around till doubts start to creep in their minds.

Last year I had a feeling we would smash the $wans and we did. This year I feel it will be closer but we will just keep our noses in front. The kind of game where we kick a couple in a row here and there to hold them off. On the flip side a small part of me thinks the Eagles may crumble hard at some point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back