Game Day 2015 Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately winning the toss may have a big say in this game. You would want to win the toss and kick with the wind. It's just too strong right now and could result in psychological damage if kicking against it. First quarter will decide the winner.
If they kick with the wind first they'll lose.

Rewatch the 1991 grandfinal and in particular the interviews following it. This isn't a home and away game.

If they kick with the wind first they'll lose.

Rewatch the 1991 grandfinal and in particular the interviews following it. This isn't a home and away game.
Sizzle will defy the laws of physics. There will be a mini black hole between the goal posts on each end every time he lines up.

Time for another beer

How I see the game going.

Game will be played fairly conventionally by Hawthorn up to half time. Give the newbies from West Coast a fright, let them fumble around and spend the time adjusting. By half time they will think..yeah we got this, where steady, just apply team rules and play footy.

At half time Clarko unleashes the "Virus" that the coaching group have been working on and the players practising.

This will leave the West Toast coaches confused and their players dazed, both with a big WTF is going on moment.

Simpson will spend 3/4 time trying to stop the rot that the virus has created but by then the it will be too late, game over for West Coast and we win.

The third quarter, the Premiership quarter!

How I see the game going.

Game will be played fairly conventionally by Hawthorn up to half time. Give the newbies from West Coast a fright, let them fumble around and spend the time adjusting. By half time they will think..yeah we got this, where steady, just apply team rules and play footy.

At half time Clarko unleashes the "Virus" that the coaching group have been working on and the players practising.

This will leave the West Toast coaches confused and their players dazed, both with a big WTF is going on moment.

Simpson will spend 3/4 time trying to stop the rot that the virus has created but by then the it will be too late, game over for West Coast and we win.

The third quarter, the Premiership quarter!
Kill the Shark 08.

Break the web 15

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Spider-Webs

Unfortunately winning the toss may have a big say in this game. You would want to win the toss and kick with the wind. It's just too strong right now and could result in psychological damage if kicking against it. First quarter will decide the winner.
We play well with the wind, and into it. No wuckers. They get the wind, we hold their scoring, then unleash with run and hanball on the rebound. Kicking with the wind, it'll not be long bombs to targets, but lowering the eyes and kicking in short. Then punching holes in em from 40+.
I think the wind throws up an opportunity for us to be less predictable and tougher for WC to plan against. Sure, it messes with our possession game and finish, but I'll take our chances if the ball is in their back half. Oh, and we hopefully have some idea of the wind conditions at the G by now!

OOH I did not sleep well! I was lying in bed all night listening to the wind worrying about the weather. The hot weather worries me - WA has warmer weather :( But worse was the wind - I was thinking how could people kick goals! I was lying there thinking 'maybe the wind will blow over (lol)' and I woke up and looked at the forecast and it has!

That's a good omen eh!
Sorry if that was a bit of a random rant just woke up and so damn excited.... argh!

For those of you resisting the TL;DR, this may read better with this playing in the background:

What drives a club to succeed? Desire? Passion? Confidence? When the Hawthorn Football Club entered the VFL competition in 1925, it had barely found its feet in the VFA. For years, it was a minnow club, destined to merely compete against larger, more established clubs with no monetary assistance, no draft system, no salary capping to help the struggling club.

Eventually, the club known as the 'Mayblooms' got sick of being the easy beats. They became the 'Hawks' in the 1940s and started to build under a succession of coaches until John Kennedy gave them the necessary aggression and conditioning to reach the top of the mountain.

What should be known as the crowning glory of the club has been considered a mere stepping stone by history as the sniff of success became contagious. Through the spectacular 1970s and the dominant 1980s, Hawthorn became the powerhouse it had only dreamt of being. However, success had an adverse effect on the club, just as failure had. Unable to tap into its supporter group, and trying to keep up with other clubs, it spent money it didn't have. The result was a spiral towards oblivion.

For those who didn't bother checking history, including AFL board members, Hawthorn was never going to go quietly into the night. Instead, the rumblings of extinction woke a large beast. For those who only saw the iceberg poking above the water, the massive underbelly of support began to rise. Led by Don Scott, the club stood on its own two feet once again, back at square one with no money and a poor list. But it had been here before.

There would be no 30 years in the wilderness. The Hawthorn Football Club had already been there, and done it the hard way. It built itself up again, growing slowly yet surely to reach the levels of success it had once tasted. This time, with a continually building supporter base behind it, the club transformed into something extraordinary yet again.

Known to simply 'DO', to pay the price and to hunt the shark in their own territory, the Hawks have taken all before them, with injuries, suspensions and tragedies merely building the resolve of this determined group. They know how to succeed. They know where failure lives. Now, having beaten the odds over the past two years, the Hawthorn Football Club finds itself on the brink of immortality in terms of achievement. To climb the mountain for a third successive time is beyond greatness. It is a passion, an unrelenting desire no other team can conceivably comprehend until they walk a mile in our shoes. For inspiration, the Hawthorn Football Club merely needs to look to their motto:

Spectemur Agendo

Let us be known by our actions.

Immortality begins today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only feeling slight nerves right now. It will definitely build on me as it gets closer to game time.

Who do you guys reckon will be sub? i can't think who it would be.

Only feeling slight nerves right now. It will definitely build on me as it gets closer to game time.

Who do you guys reckon will be sub? i can't think who it would be.
This question has vexed me..I think it will be...no late changes and Duryea as Sub. His run and enthusiasm and ability to play almost everywhere is the key...but what would i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back