Game Day 2015 Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question has vexed me..I think it will be...no late changes and Duryea as Sub. His run and enthusiasm and ability to play almost everywhere is the key...but what would i know

I'll spew if duryea is the sub again. It should be shoey.. Has the flexibility when he comes on and starting Doc gives us grunt from the opening bounce, makes the dangerous west coast small forwards accountable.

I'll spew if duryea is the sub again. It should be shoey.. Has the flexibility when he comes on and starting Doc gives us grunt from the opening bounce, makes the dangerous west coast small forwards accountable.
Schoe needs to start
He is like Cyril
He doesn't need much of the ball to have an impact
Starting sub plays into Westchester hands

Should be someone like Hill
Quick, injection of speed in the 2nd half

We need our best kicks early on

I know what you mean but I think our focus has be on attack and having shoe as the main lead up crunching packs and bringing pop, broost and cyril into the game whilst Gunners and rough work up the ground feels like it may be Clarko's plan???

It is crazy hot. Have to wonder whether Hartung comes in - for Shoe, Hale or Lake.

Clarksons history has generally been to pick his best 21 and then pick his 22 me best player as sub. He doesn't seem to focus on who will be the best impact sub and concerns himself more with who will equip themselves well if there is an early injury. I think Shoe or Suckling will be sub. Hale would be the bloke subbed off unless there is an injury you'd think.

well pretty $hitty this morning. i woke up to the hawks TARGET with a huge cut in it. why are there dikheads and why do they do this shit. i love the club, team and supporters and i should be able to show it. mindless vandilism.......kark HAWKS, MAKE THE DAY BETTER.........................

For those of you resisting the TL;DR, this may read better with this playing in the background:

What drives a club to succeed? Desire? Passion? Confidence? When the Hawthorn Football Club entered the VFL competition in 1925, it had barely found its feet in the VFA. For years, it was a minnow club, destined to merely compete against larger, more established clubs with no monetary assistance, no draft system, no salary capping to help the struggling club.

Eventually, the club known as the 'Mayblooms' got sick of being the easy beats. They became the 'Hawks' in the 1940s and started to build under a succession of coaches until John Kennedy gave them the necessary aggression and conditioning to reach the top of the mountain.

What should be known as the crowning glory of the club has been considered a mere stepping stone by history as the sniff of success became contagious. Through the spectacular 1970s and the dominant 1980s, Hawthorn became the powerhouse it had only dreamt of being. However, success had an adverse effect on the club, just as failure had. Unable to tap into its supporter group, and trying to keep up with other clubs, it spent money it didn't have. The result was a spiral towards oblivion.

For those who didn't bother checking history, including AFL board members, Hawthorn was never going to go quietly into the night. Instead, the rumblings of extinction woke a large beast. For those who only saw the iceberg poking above the water, the massive underbelly of support began to rise. Led by Don Scott, the club stood on its own two feet once again, back at square one with no money and a poor list. But it had been here before.

There would be no 30 years in the wilderness. The Hawthorn Football Club had already been there, and done it the hard way. It built itself up again, growing slowly yet surely to reach the levels of success it had once tasted. This time, with a continually building supporter base behind it, the club transformed into something extraordinary yet again.

Known to simply 'DO', to pay the price and to hunt the shark in their own territory, the Hawks have taken all before them, with injuries, suspensions and tragedies merely building the resolve of this determined group. They know how to succeed. They know where failure lives. Now, having beaten the odds over the past two years, the Hawthorn Football Club finds itself on the brink of immortality in terms of achievement. To climb the mountain for a third successive time is beyond greatness. It is a passion, an unrelenting desire no other team can conceivably comprehend until they walk a mile in our shoes. For inspiration, the Hawthorn Football Club merely needs to look to their motto:

Spectemur Agendo

Let us be known by our actions.

Immortality begins today.

Music to my ears being a old campaigner myself! Thanks "AS".

It is crazy hot. Have to wonder whether Hartung comes in - for Shoe, Hale or Lake.

Clarksons history has generally been to pick his best 21 and then pick his 22 me best player as sub. He doesn't seem to focus on who will be the best impact sub and concerns himself more with who will equip themselves well if there is an early injury. I think Shoe or Suckling will be sub. Hale would be the bloke subbed off unless there is an injury you'd think.

Valid points but I can't see Schoe being the sub, from what Clarko has been saying during the week, he was fairly pointed in talking about being able to release Schoe to play forward because of Frawley being down back, from a structural point of view Schoe would have to start imo, Suckling a defo chance of being sub though I'm thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schoe needs to start
He is like Cyril
He doesn't need much of the ball to have an impact
Starting sub plays into Westchester hands

Should be someone like Hill
Quick, injection of speed in the 2nd half

We need our best kicks early on

Agree that he is an impact player but we look very tall with hartung going out. Their outside run killed us last time.. If we sacrifice runners we need hale, mcevoy and shoey to win contests a kick off play, something we also couldn't do in the QF

Intensity from the start, first 10 minutes will be telling.

well pretty $hitty this morning. i woke up to the hawks TARGET with a huge cut in it. why are there dikheads and why do they do this shit. i love the club, team and supporters and i should be able to show it. mindless vandilism.......kark HAWKS, MAKE THE DAY BETTER.........................
Where did this happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not worried about the heat today. WC don't play in the hot sun and heat. It's been winter and their home games have been late in the day and they get the Freo Doctor if it's warm.

They will be freaked out by the pressure of GF, MCG, sun, hot wind and playing us. Hawks by 36+

I'm not worried about the heat today. WC don't play in the hot sun and heat. It's been winter and their home games have been late in the day and they get the Freo Doctor if it's warm.

They will be freaked out by the pressure of GF, MCG, sun, hot wind and playing us. Hawks by 36+
Im unsure what to make of the heat. I guess the bookies dont seem to be all that influenced so that is a positive sign.

The wind will be a bit of a factor though for sure. If its blowing straight down the guts then youd better hope you win the toss.

All in all im not quite as confident as last year. Form doesnt lie and the hawks have been patchy the last two months, lets hope they dig deep one last time before a mini rebuild next year

This question has vexed me..I think it will be...no late changes and Duryea as Sub. His run and enthusiasm and ability to play almost everywhere is the key...but what would i know
The idea of Duryea as sub really bothers me. Think he is a vital player.
The more i think about it, the more i think Schoenmakers should be sub. I think it should be either Schoey or Suckling

Agree that he is an impact player but we look very tall with hartung going out. Their outside run killed us last time.. If we sacrifice runners we need hale, mcevoy and shoey to win contests a kick off play, something we also couldn't do in the QF

Intensity from the start, first 10 minutes will be telling.
Last time we lacked a "get out" option
That link between half back and half forward

The wider and shorter ground makes things easier for us, and much harder for their Web

2 hours left til game time, getting nervous and excited now, for all my fellow Hawkies at the game today make a hell of a lot of noise today and have a great time.
Go Hawks!!!

The idea of Duryea as sub really bothers me. Think he is a vital player.
The more i think about it, the more i think Schoenmakers should be sub. I think it should be either Schoey or Suckling
Then I think it has to be Suckling and gunstone and rough play the role that suckers has been playing. Shoey being that main target up forward to bring the ball to ground is what we have been missing and he can be that. I forgot who said the stat but Im pretty sure it was two weeks when shoe had 100% game time. He is fit and rarin to go, unleash the hunger.

Saw L.Langford and Hardisty outside gate 2 15 minutes ago. Luckily for them it looks like the club has allowed them to wear the short sleeved polos today rather than the suit and tie.

Agree on Duryea, after last week I reckon he could run rampage today! Hot weather, fierce pressure, he's exactly the bloke we need. Whatever happens today at least its the last ever game of the sub rule.

Congratulations Hawks on everything you've achieved so far. It's been such a privilege and joy so be a Hawthorn supporter in this era. Good luck in making history today!

Geeze the pregame garbage is reallly poor. They should realise at this point no one gives a FLICK about the entertainers in the gf. Most people watching it are interested in football and would rather the entertainers kept well away from the MCG and got run over on the way to the ground.

Absolute waste of airtime. Do they think people are watching this and think, Yeah I might watch a bit more footy because I like that singer.

Just do away with all the crappy pomp and bring on the analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back