2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but the Adelaide board is the biggest on BigFooty (most total posts of any forum).

That doesn't necessarily mean the best but I'm fairly confident that there are enough good things going on to keep most people coming back.

With that volume of posts (and posters) there are bound to be a few that get under your skin.
So we do have a reason to thank our Port Power posters:)

You too mate, Merry Christmas. No issue with you disagreeing - go hard.

I'm concious of Sanders style and have moderated it when I've felt it's necessary. People are usually more than happy to engage and debate with him. If they are not happy to do so they will report and move on surely? Or perhaps, just perhaps, they enjoy the debates?

I dunno. I'll fully admit to be biased to his view point but empathetic to both sides of most debates he gets involved with. I was interested in his contributions here. I also would appreciate if he put up more, doesn't make him wrong when he questions the veracity of other people's arguments though. I very very very rarely receive reports on his posts. Sure the condescending tone can be annoying - my view is, put up better arguments and grow from it. Don't sook and stop posting because of it.

If people just want to come here and post and have their contirbutions fawned over - that doesn't really excite me much in all honesty.

I'd say sanders behaviour towards some of hte posters here has been no worse than some of the posters behaviour to the port supporter who got involved. You want to give it - you can damn well sit there and take it ;)
Says everything about your style .....the fact you basically dismissed Kane's well argued argument on losing quality posters, says everything about the direction you'd like this forum to take

I for one prefer strong intellectual footy debate .....not an Adelaide Crows version of Bay 13 that you prefer

As I mentioned before there was 1 post not towards me that clearly upset a poster & was borderline.

My comments on the belittling is more about his regular posting style, which sometimes deliberately sets out to get under the skin of posters. Is that healthy for this board? We have lost quality posters posting regularly due to this type of behavior. Is this what we want?
Apparently mod wants the board to go down this path .....i agree it's not healthy, as most posters come to the board for information and robust discussions on Crows stuff .......not to be belittled

We used to have seriously good posters with draft knowledge on the "Draft Trades & Fee Agency" board ....most have been driven away from the "Bogan" posters & the board is poorer for it

There's a place for these posters to go to rant, stir and generally mudrake .......i for one as an interstate poster want healthy robust debate ....and yes the occasional argument that sops the place from being boring ......but not posters whose only intent is to disrupt, belittle and mudrake without contributing anything positive to the board

The ignore function has made my BF experience so much more enjoyable in the last 12 months ......i don't need to see that side of the board, which obviously some in charge favor

I see his regular posting style not that much different than this thread - but always open minded to have it pointed out as otherwise. I don't think he deliberately sets out to get under people's skins. That's an opinion. I've seen little evidence personally. Again happy to have it pointed out differently and learn from that.

Who have we lost? I'm not missing too many personally. Stiffy18 and Macca23 are two i would love to see more from - did they leave because of feeling overly criticised by Sanders? As much as I love those two I'd probably say they like to talk with a level of authority I don't feel is always justified. But I do enjoy what they post and would love to see more of them. I just assume they have busier things to occupy them. I missed you too when you were gone mate :) Very happy you're back posting regularly.

Rubbish statement :rolleyes:

Says everything about your style .....the fact you basically dismissed Kane's well argued argument on losing quality posters, says everything about the direction you'd like this forum to take

I for one prefer strong intellectual footy debate .....not an Adelaide Crows version of Bay 13 that you prefer
I didn't dismiss it. I asked for more information. Feel free to provide your own if you have it.

Being biassed to some of Sander's viewpoints has nothing to do with the manner I'd prefer people engage each other.

Since I've been a mod we've tried every year to seek feedback from the board on changes they'd like to see. In general we've tended to take action on those requests.

I don't see anyone squashing strong football debate? I actually find your approach to such debates very off putting myself. You criticise anyone who doesn't have the same thought process as yourself. Personally, in that context, I find Sanders approach much more palatable. And I've had others share the same with me. Do I ask you to stop posting? no.

Apparently mod wants the board to go down this path .....i agree it's not healthy, as most posters come to the board for information and robust discussions on Crows stuff .......not to be belittled

We used to have seriously good posters with draft knowledge on the "Draft Trades & Fee Agency" board ....most have been driven away from the "Bogan" posters & the board is poorer for it

There's a place for these posters to go to rant, stir and generally mudrake .......i for one as an interstate poster want healthy robust debate ....and yes the occasional argument that sops the place from being boring ......but not posters whose only intent is to disrupt, belittle and mudrake without contributing anything positive to the board

The ignore function has made my BF experience so much more enjoyable in the last 12 months ......i don't need to see that side of the board, which obviously some in charge favor
This is not true and just an attempt to provoke a response.

I

I don't see anyone squashing strong football debate? I actually find your approach to such debates very off putting myself. You criticise anyone who doesn't have the same thought process as yourself. Personally, in that context, I find Sanders approach much more palatable. And I've had others share the same with me. Do I ask you to stop posting? no.
Then put up a better counter argument ......or do you favor in place of a better counter argument or debating, we sink to name calling?

upload_2015-12-30_8-37-17.png

I think everyone has a different idea about what "robust debate" is.

"Belittling" too.

I also think some posters yearn for yesteryear when their opinions were treated as gospel by the relative handful of regular posters on here whereas now there are more posters, more different opinions and people get challenged in ways they weren't previously.

Speaking of being a belittling ass hat.

Ill give you a debate later if you want. Taking the family out at present. Start a thread if you like on the topic you want to debate.

See human behaviour is so predictable when someone has nothing positive to contribute ......but we're talking of a Sanders apologist here who dismisses the contributions of Stffy18 and macca23 as talking with an authority not justified :rolleyes:

203430_da8837e80e107d8f7da4eaa78c7aa11f.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone has a different idea about what "robust debate" is.

"Belittling" too.

I also think some posters yearn for yesteryear when their opinions were treated as gospel by the relative handful of regular posters on here whereas now there are more posters, more different opinions and people get challenged in ways they weren't previously.
Think even a level 7 education can understand the differences .....there are some pretty intelligent people on the board you know

Think even a level 7 education can understand the differences .....there are some pretty intelligent people on the board you know
Well that's the thing

Do you think that you belittle other posters?

Well that's the thing

Do you think that you belittle other posters?
Do you ? ......or do i criticize a counter argument of "your wrong" as not suffering fools

Put up a good debate and i have never been belittling of that poster .......i am here to debate and learn, not to tolerate keyboard warriors

See human behaviour is so predictable when someone has nothing positive to contribute ......but we're talking of a Sanders apologist here who dismisses the contributions of Stffy18 and macca23 as talking with an authority not justified :rolleyes:

203430_da8837e80e107d8f7da4eaa78c7aa11f.png
Start that debate thread if youy truly wish o talk this through

Do you ? ......or do i criticize a counter argument of "your wrong" as not suffering fools

Put up a good debate and i have never been belittling of that poster .......i am here to debate and learn, not to tolerate keyboard warriors
Yeah I think you do.

I think the behaviour you are criticising here is exactly how you behave at times.

At times you are dismissive of other's opinions, put your views across as fact, anyone who disagrees with you is a fool, make sarcastic comments about how stupid that person must be to hold that opinion (eg Year 7 education above).

To you that might all be "calling it as you see it" or "not suffering fools" but to others it would be seen as being arrogant and belittling.

I think you get out of it what you put in.

Vader is extremely forthright in his views and very blunt in getting his opinion across. As a result he gets similar treatment back.

I don't have a problem with how you post by the way. I like posters who have opinions and are prepared to debate them.

I do have a problem with a criticism of board standards when I feel that you contribute as much to this supposed "problem" as anyone.

Is saying that a poster is wrong because they disagree with selectors a strong and intellectual argument?

Can I suggest that you were utterly obnoxious in the drafting thread when posters suggested a player that didn't align with your view. Was it the suggestion of Mathieson that had you foaming at the mouth and teeing off on that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back