Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is the new opening post of the 2015 trade, draft, FA megathread. Please try to keep posts on-topic.

Much of the discussion comes down to when people can genuinely determine where the gaps are in our team and what players / types we need to target in order to fill those gaps. Without knowing how the existing players have developed (or not), and whether players like Hickey and Gilbert will have relatively full seasons, it is particularly speculative and arguably discussion could easily be accommodated in other threads.

Posters still like to discuss the possibility of trades, or acquisition of players currently contracted with other clubs, most of that belongs here, but remember that posts in this thread are often whimsical or unrealistic and often will display a desire to obtain a certain player without having a strategy based in reality on how to entice the mother club to release said player.

There will be some genuine informed opinions and cutting edge rumours here. Some soon become dated, others stand the test of time. Just don't place too much weight on anything you read in this thread and you will be fine.

Kildonan

Rahul has provided an updated list of uncontracted players. It should help with discussions in the thread and act as a good reference for posters.

@bergholt's draft calculator

Update

2015: Patrick Dangerfield*
Nathan Wilson
Henry Schade
Hayden Crozier
Matt Crouch
Matthew Buntine
Adam Treloar
Billy Hartung
Jed Anderson
James Aish
Steven Motlop
Michael Talia
Rory Thompson
Charlie Dixon
Jesse Lonergan

2016:
Jake Lever
Brad Crouch
Daniel Talia
Lachie Whitfield
Curtly Hampton
Lachie Plowman
Caleb Marchbank
James Stewart
Tom Mitchell
Isaac Smith
Luke Parker
Jake Lloyd
Harry Cunningham
Lachie Weller
Daniel Rich*
Jack Redden*
Dion Prestia
Touk Miller
Kade Kolodjashnij
Tom Lynch (GCS)
Ollie Wines
Liam Duggan
Tom Lamb
Lachie Hunter
Steele Sidebottom*
Peter Wright

2017:
Devon Smith
Josh Kelly
Nick Haynes
Adam Tomlinson
Paul Ahern
Zak Jones
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Dylan Shiel

(Thanks Rahul)

Would have met him beforehand through interviews + house visits. I vaguely recall an article where a high-profile draftee (or was it his parents?) complimented Elshaug for his comments and support even though he didn't end up getting drafted by the saints

That was Olli Wines' parent/s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have met him beforehand through interviews + house visits. I vaguely recall an article where a high-profile draftee (or was it his parents?) complimented Elshaug for his comments and support even though he didn't end up getting drafted by the saints
Was Ollie Wines parents, and Ollie is still massively homesick.

Was Ollie Wines parents, and Ollie is still massively homesick.

2837453-good_good.jpg

A magnificent interview from BFGN with Rahul's and my favourite of next year's crop, North Ballarat's All-Australian underager Darcy Tucker.

It's a cracker, but the below quote makes it borderline inappropriate for me to be in public...
As a Saints supporter, I’m very happy to see three of my Vic Country teammates in Paddy McCartin, Hugh Goddard and Jack Lonie joining the club and I’m sure they will all have great careers.

Full interview: http://boundforglorynews.com/an-interview-with-darcy-tucker-2015-afl-draft-prospect/

*mods, there didn't seem to be a more appropriate place for this to go, so I bit the bullet.

Last edited:
A magnificent interview from BFGN with Rahul and my favourite of next year's crop, North Ballarat's All-Australian underager Darcy Tucker.

It's a cracker, but the below quote makes it borderline inappropriate for me to be in public...

Full interview: http://boundforglorynews.com/an-interview-with-darcy-tucker-2015-afl-draft-prospect/

*mods, there didn't seem to be a more appropriate place for this to go, so I bit the bullet.

"As a Saints supporter, I’m very happy to see three of my Vic Country teammates in Paddy McCartin, Hugh Goddard and Jack Lonie joining the club and I’m sure they will all have great careers."

:cool:

"As a Saints supporter, I’m very happy to see three of my Vic Country teammates in Paddy McCartin, Hugh Goddard and Jack Lonie joining the club and I’m sure they will all have great careers."

:cool:
See the quote... :p

Tumescent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A magnificent interview from BFGN with Rahul and my favourite of next year's crop, North Ballarat's All-Australian underager Darcy Tucker.

He wasn't interviewed by Rahul.

Can not not read Barrels you peanut?

Kildo on when this type of thread is acceptable -

douche.
Stop overusing peanut. Readers on here are about to suffer an anaphylactic shock.

Hope he gets on the ball this year and shows everyone what he is all about!

Surely we leave it till the start of next year at least?
Thats the plan.

Didn't have anywhere to put the Tucker revelation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back