List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. The Pies will get the trades done. If GWS want to force Treloar into the draft or PSD, so be it, but they give up the opportunity to grab a first round pick (and potentially a player) for nothing and send a message to the playing group that they care nought for them. Trades get done.

GWS will want a senior bloke plus their first rounder

Hmmm think they only get one of those guys. They won't have the draft currency. Danger and one of Aish/Treolar more likely.

I too would like to know how Collingwood are going to get their hands on picks inside 5 and 10 to please GWS and Brisbane when their first is gonna be around 12..?

Witts and their first MAY get it done seeing as Treloar is not under contract. But would the Filth give up Witts?

other thing to keep in mind is, how would a mid to late first rounder help their bidding for their academy picks? could they then keep their other pick or even not cough up future picks next year, given the next two drafts are very good

other thing to keep in mind is, how would a mid to late first rounder help their bidding for their academy picks? could they then keep their other pick or even not cough up future picks next year, given the next two drafts are very good

They have to give up their next immediate pick after a bid. If GWS get pick 14 from the Pies for Trelaor and a team bids 13 on Matt Kennedy GWS use pick 14 on him.

weller has a fair way to go after what i saw on the weekend vs my subi. i'd happily lay buy him. let him sit for 12 months and then pounce for nothing. he's definitely gone. just a matter of time

has put on size but is still very raw, was playing more inside with blakely. has speed on the outside and is usually good in his disposal, this weekend he wasnt that great
Any word on how Wayne lamb or crozier going Defacto?

What a win! I was extremely confident going in but nobody could have expected a result like that!
Ameet and co very busy behind the scenes. More than a few "off the record" meetings with player managers the last 2 weeks or so. The real season starts now for us list wise. Still a lot of chatter about Lachie Weller on BF, very interesting....I still think he will stay put for next year but a lot can happen in 3 months.
If we finish too high and miss out on Parish then there's 2 others we'd be happy to draft, if we are looking at a pick around 5 or 6 then I wouldn't be surprised if we slightly stretch for the mid we like.
Expect a debut in a fortnight with injury/form permitting and also we are currently in middle of re-signing/extending some more of our youngsters.
Everybody feeling very good about where club is headed, the players especially.
If Trout and Bains rate them, it's not a reach, couldn't care if we picked a guy nobody has heard of before as long as Elsaugh and Bains are the ones making the picks. Their last 2 years have shown they're too good to doubt.

Not much "older" value on Collingwood's list anymore, ie nothing like Shaw, Dawes, Wellingham.

Only way I can see them netting both is giving up someone like Scahrenberg to Port who should have a pick around 8 or 9, on traded to Brisbane for Aish.

And then packaging someone like Reid (although his true value now is debatable due to injury) with their 1st to GWS for Treloar.

If Trout and Bains rate them, it's not a reach, couldn't care if we picked a guy nobody has heard of before as long as Elsaugh and Bains are the ones making the picks. Their last 2 years have shown they're too good to doubt.

Maybe we might be keen to add to our haul of Country lads from last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great point, Defacto. I have said and will maintain that GWS need to worry about not going into deficit, their next Academy crop (class of 16) is very, very good and might be better than the 2015 bunch (which is saying something considering how much I rate Jacob Hopper).

Great point, Defacto. I have said and will maintain that GWS need to worry about not going into deficit, their next Academy crop (class of 16) is very, very good and might be better than the 2015 bunch (which is saying something considering how much I rate Jacob Hopper).

What picks do you think Hopper and Kennedy are bid on?

it would support their aim to spread their list demographic as well

personally i think they will want a ready made, good to go player from the pies and their first rounder for treloar. the first rounder will keep them out of the red (as you have said) and keep their options open next year

the ready made player will help them push for finals. just a question of who..... they need a KPD, Ruck, genuine Small FWD not this defencive fwd crap

Maybe we might be keen to add to our haul of Country lads from last year?
If we manage to lure Aish or Weller, I'd definitely grab Mathieson. Our recruiting team would have a much better idea of where his game is at but I was concerned by D Tucker's decision-making throughout the Champs games I watched. Seemed nervous, fumbly and didn't have the composure he had last year.
What picks do you think Hopper and Kennedy are bid on?
Hopper top 5 (I'd bid on him in the top 3), Kennedy top 10 depending on his recovery from injury.

If Trout and Co are looking at FA options this year I could see us making a play for Matty Suckling.

From the team today it would be Gilbert out and Suckling in. Roberton then shifts back a little more and Suckling takes that role on the wing.

Gives us that elite outside ball user, about to turn 27 though which is a knock against him but he wont be taking the spot from a kid as he would be pushing out Gilbert (or Ray) from our "Best 22".

Send White and our 2nd to Freo for Weller and their 3rd...

Throw in Balic with our first, plus a returning Billings and we will have some seriously elite footskills through the midfield!
HELL no. Not for ALL the steak knives... Yuck.

I'd never heard of Dylan Roberton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back