2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Swans reportedly going after Sinclair and Lycett you would have to think Leuey is off to the Bombers.

If Leuey is doing what's best for his career as his manager stated then you would think he's off to Sydney.

If Leuey is in fact still undecided as his manager stated then you would think Sydney is working on a plan B.

I don't understand why there isn't a huge lot of interest in Berger TBH. It seems he will be going really cheap, at least cheap enough to not grant us a band 2 compo. Would like to see Dogs, Freo and maybe even Pies have a crack at him as well. Looks like he will be going to the Swans on 400-450k a year or Bombers who could offer him a bit more. Only problem is that there seems to be quite a few ruckman on the move this year.... just our luck hey?

Would Aaron Black work for us? On the outer at North. We can't completely rely on Scache...

Think we have more than enough promising forwards in Freeman, McStay and Close. Not to mention Hipwood and Schache coming in.
Quite young though. Someone in their mid 20s will help for the short to medium term.

Quite young though. Someone in their mid 20s will help for the short to medium term.

I'm all for getting a mature forward, not one who is no more promising than any of the players we already have in our forward line. He wouldn't get a game for us, think Leppa would rather pump games into Freeman, McStay etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Podsiadly for a season?

1298059172156.png

Two interesting points mentioned by trade radio in Melbourne today:
1) terry w mentioned whooshas first point of call should be a flight straight to lueys place and convince him to Essendon. (Hope that's a open chq book bump up that contract whoosha)
2) jeds interview on trade radio, could hear in his voice totally bewildered by what happened. Couldn't explain it-Offer was on the table then taken off later in the year. Mentioned apparent interest from a few clubs but only one interview so far.

( sorry don't know how to link podcasts)

Sinclair NO - After watching him play yesterday, his performance was disgraceful. Type of player that we don't need - can ruck but very limited up forward.
LYCETT YES - can ruck a bit and very good up forward. Although can't believe that he cannot get a game ahead of Sinclair.

This is interesting. Sorry for the intrusion. Over on the West Coast board, many believe the opposite. Sinclair is a better forward and contested mark, but Lycett the better around the ground ruckman. Lycett is more of a number one ruck type, whereas Sinclair is more of a pinch hitter that can take a grab up front which suits us with Nic Nat in the guts so much. With Stef Martin, you'll only be getting the same out of Lycett as he gives us. Which is a good performance in the twos.

If Leuey doesn't even net us a second round compo pick, wouldn't we just bite the bullet and get Suckling or Whitecross from FA?

Two interesting points mentioned by trade radio in Melbourne today:
1) terry w mentioned whooshas first point of call should be a flight straight to lueys place and convince him to Essendon. (Hope that's a open chq book bump up that contract whoosha)
2) jeds interview on trade radio, could hear in his voice totally bewildered by what happened. Couldn't explain it-Offer was on the table then taken off later in the year. Mentioned apparent interest from a few clubs but only one interview so far.

( sorry don't know how to link podcasts)
If there was a contract on the table it would appear that he's probably got himself to blame given he didn't sign it. Highlights the danger of trying to hold out for more money or better terms sometimes I guess.

If there was a contract on the table it would appear that he's probably got himself to blame given he didn't sign it. Highlights the danger of trying to hold out for more money or better terms sometimes I guess.

Schulz is another example of that. Had a two year contract on the table, held off and his value decreased, and now has signed a one year deal.

The lesson here is, sign the contract when it's on the table. If you dilly dally to see what options may arise elsewhere, the club may end up doing the same. Until you sign, a contract is just an opportunity, not a guarantee.

I love ya Jed, but you need to get over it. The "dismayed and disappointed" act and passively letting the "loyal club servant is screwed over" story build around him is wearing a little thin.

EDIT: oh, Bob Fatcat beat me to the sentiment.

Last edited:
I don't understand why there isn't a huge lot of interest in Berger TBH. It seems he will be going really cheap, at least cheap enough to not grant us a band 2 compo. Would like to see Dogs, Freo and maybe even Pies have a crack at him as well. Looks like he will be going to the Swans on 400-450k a year or Bombers who could offer him a bit more. Only problem is that there seems to be quite a few ruckman on the move this year.... just our luck hey?

Because for a bloke of his size he can't take a contested mark over my grandma. Goldstein, Nic Nat, Mcevoy, Ryder and Lobbe, Jacobs all take contested mark, our bloke should have been doing it years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back