2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I'm saying this but glad that Trade time starts in a week and get some answers and closure on so many questions in regards to Luey compo, Redden and Aish and those who will be coming.
It has seemed an eternity since our last game and the rumours coming.

Its a no to Bennell from me. All the talent in the world is worthless without the commitment and work ethic.

Yep, as seen with Brennan and Karnezis. And those guys didnt even have the off-field baggage that Bennell does.

Its a no to Bennell from me. All the talent in the world is worthless without the commitment and work ethic.
From what I understand his work ethic and commitment is no problem. His main problem is that he is easily influenced by others... although from what I have heard the past few days commitment might be waning a bit. Would still take him no problems. He isn't a huge of risk as some are making out. He is no Dustin Martin that's for sure.

What, like his coach and senior team mates? I can assure you he is not committed.

Edit. The question is can a mentor/coach turn him around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No trolling here. I understand Martin plays poker together with this 'friend'.

I've got faith in this source.
We either trade him this year (as this year is the absolute maximum trade value he will have) or we sign him for the rest of his career. I would love him to play out his days with the Lions

From what I understand his work ethic and commitment is no problem. His main problem is that he is easily influenced by others... although from what I have heard the past few days commitment might be waning a bit. Would still take him no problems. He isn't a huge of risk as some are making out. He is no Dustin Martin that's for sure.
I find these comments contradictory. If too easily influenced to distraction, that is an issue with commitment and work ethic.

I would rather focus on teaching someone to kick than fixing a talented player's ongoing off-field issues. He hasn't just had issues this year, they go back years and show a trend. I also find the Dusty Martin comment interesting, because he was easily influenced also, but unlike Bennell has shown an ability to change his ways and re-focus.

What, like his coach and senior team mates? I can assure you he is not committed.

Edit. The question is can a mentor/coach turn him around.[/QUOTe)

He is a match winner look at his efforts on field. As I stated before THE RIGH PEOPLE need to be there for Bennell - Adam Goodes and Chrissy j. Both highly regarded Indigenous men of the highest caliber. IF anyone thinks that Dustin Martin is the right mentor at this stage in Bennell's career, they are having me on and taking the **** out of me. Strong contact in lions favour, with incentives for professionalism. If he fails at least we tried. What about all the other players we recruited(Jordan lisle ,Young key position player Clouston played just two matches in total, while King, Tyler, Dzufer, Garner, Murray, Spackman and Tippett all left the club having not played a senior game), that went no where.At least Bennell has one thing those players did not have, that is talent to burn.

Yep, as seen with Brennan and Karnezis. And those guys didnt even have the off-field baggage that Bennell does.

He is a match winner look at his efforts on field. As I stated before THE RIGH PEOPLE need to be there for Bennell - Adam Goodes and Chrissy j. Both highly regarded Indigenous men of the highest caliber. IF anyone thinks that Dustin Martin is the right mentor at this stage in Bennell's career, they are having me on and taking the **** out of me. Strong contact in lions favour, with incentives for professionalism. If he fails at least we tried. What about all the other players we recruited(Jordan lisle ,Young key position player Clouston played just two matches in total, while King, Tyler, Dzufer, Garner, Murray, Spackman and Tippett all left the club having not played a senior game), that went no where.At least Bennell has one thing those players did not have, that is talent to burn.[/QUOTE] I wll provide other names if people want

Last edited:
That puts a spanner in their hopes of getting McCarthy as well.
They'll be getting Bennell pretty cheap if there is no other interest in the market. Can get away with trading their 2nd round pick.

Stef Martin to sign a 4-year deal with the Lions his 'friend' says.

Rubix WingMan can back this source up.

Certainly goes with what I heard a few weeks ago where he was named in a group of players who are advanced in contract extension talks.

Stef LOVES the club. The real risk is losing him to early retirement, not another club.

Certainly goes with what I heard a few weeks ago where he was named in a group of players who are advanced in contract extension talks.

Stef LOVES the club. The real risk is losing him to early retirement, not another club.

Would love to hear that D.Rich was another name in this group:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back