2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixon has looked pretty ordinary since our game.

He has also had an extremely depleted midfield buthchering the ball to him on the rare occasion we actually get an inside 50 since the Lions game! Dixon will mature into a very serviceable full fwd.

Still not sure why Sam Day hasn't popped up on the Lions radar? Will be 4th in line at the Suns behind Lynch, Dixon & Wright next season, should Charlie re-sign.

All reports are Eade will turn Day into a key defender because there is no room up fwd.

He is contracted but surely will be looking for more senior opportunities if the chance arises else where and can't blame him if he wants out.

Day has some athletic tools but doesn't use them. Needs to work harder just a lazy waste of talent ATM. I would look at Day but only if he requests a trade to us and is cheap pickup. Needs some mongrel as well.
We are not exactly in a position to be pickie ATM. Does Day pick the box of being best 22? Yes. I initially wrote a bunch of reasons as to why we should get him, but he would be best 22 and provide a decent target and versatility.

Day is seriously average. We're not gonna give up much for someone based on potential.

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion, but was just wondering on your thoughts regarding Leuy as a forward/ruck rather than a full time ruckman. Noticed he was playing mostly forward against Port. Does he crash packs, as he looks to move pretty well? Reckon Carlton should have a look at him. Warnock couldn't tap a 1 inch putt and Kreuzer is perennially injured. Cheers and good luck for this week, hopefully you guys score Rance in the offseason too!

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion, but was just wondering on your thoughts regarding Leuy as a forward/ruck rather than a full time ruckman. Noticed he was playing mostly forward against Port. Does he crash packs, as he looks to move pretty well? Reckon Carlton should have a look at him. Warnock couldn't tap a 1 inch putt and Kreuzer is perennially injured. Cheers and good luck for this week, hopefully you guys score Rance in the offseason too!

Is definitely not a natural forward but can cause a few headaches as a ruckman whom rests inside the arc.

Would thrive as a sole number one ruckman with another player who could perform a supporting role to him. He is very mobile for someone his size, however I feel Martin has him well and truly covered in this aspect - he is simply a ball winning freak. Leuy isn't know for his physicality at the contest, but can certainly split the packs open.

Hehe. "Warnock couldn't tap a one inch putt" won you a free like.

He has also had an extremely depleted midfield buthchering the ball to him on the rare occasion we actually get an inside 50 since the Lions game! Dixon will mature into a very serviceable full fwd.
Still not sure why Sam Day hasn't popped up on the Lions radar? Will be 4th in line at the Suns behind Lynch, Dixon & Wright next season, should Charlie re-sign.
All reports are Eade will turn Day into a key defender because there is no room up fwd.

He is contracted but surely will be looking for more senior opportunities if the chance arises else where and can't blame him if he wants out.
Like this guy?
DSC03108_(480x360).jpg

Eade thinks he's so good he can turn Day into Knights/

791149859633571469.jpg

I know.

He's still going to cost you a late first round pick. I rather back our recruiters in with that pick, since we been doing well in the draft getting guys like Freeman, McStay, Andrews, McGrath, Aish and Taylor in the last couple of drafts.

I wonder if we could get Carazzo for free at the end of the season?

He turns 32 in December but could maybe be good experience/depth for a season or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?? Always injured and old. Wouldn't get a game for us.

Because we might lose McGuane, Staker, Maguire and possibly Merrett, Leuenberger and Adcock. Just brings some experience. Even in the ressies I think he'd help out.

Because we might lose McGuane, Staker, Maguire and possibly Merrett, Leuenberger and Adcock. Just brings some experience. Even in the ressies I think he'd help out.
Better of chasing blokes that are 27-28 that can actually contribute. Carrazzo is finished

Reckon we are in a position to cover all those players with our current list TBH. Would prefer the club continues to focus on bringing in A-grade talent only.

Reckon we are in a position to cover all those players with our current list TBH. Would prefer the club continues to focus on bringing in A-grade talent only.

I'd love to bring in A grade talent but I'd also like the average age of our reserves to be over 20.

Agree carazzo past it. Why get him for free when there'll provably be another Mitch Robinson with roughly 100 games at age 26-28 available for free as well for one reason or another.

Depending on wada appeal could go after pears if mcguane, staker and McGuire all retire. As a 'free player to sit as big bodied bench player (could even rookie him if we/he wanted)

Suckling fans watching the game tonight?

Do. Not. Want.

Just coming on to post the same. This game demonstrated exactly what my issues were with him. Not a good defender and his kicking is massively overrated by the media.

On the other side of the coin it would not surprise me if Sydney had a big run at Leuey. Pyke was hopeless and given his age I would expect then to try and bring in an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back