2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleasantly surprised when I read Leppa's comments about how close he is to Rance.

I knew he was Rance's old backline coach and that Leppa helped him a lot..... But to hear they are close friends really gave me hope we'll get him.

I also like the approach Leppa is taking at the moment with him. No pressure. Just the friendship.

Strange these rumours about him not playing at all keep coming up.... I mean wtf??!! It's good he has a life outside footy...... But why would you turn down enough money to never need to work full time again?

You'll be a long time retired Rance. Play out your career at the Lions on the big bucks... Then you'll have more freedom perusing the things that are important to you.

I was pleasantly surprised when I read Leppa's comments about how close he is to Rance.

I knew he was Rance's old backline coach and that Leppa helped him a lot..... But to hear they are close friends really gave me hope we'll get him.

I also like the approach Leppa is taking at the moment with him. No pressure. Just the friendship.

Strange these rumours about him not playing at all keep coming up.... I mean wtf??!! It's good he has a life outside footy...... But why would you turn down enough money to never need to work full time again?

You'll be a long time retired Rance. Play out your career at the Lions on the big bucks... Then you'll have more freedom perusing the things that are important to you.

Public life and the pressure that goes with it just doesent sit well with some people. It's a real lifestyle.

I loved Leppas comments on Rance, but I took them as a bit of a statement - "We are close.. very close",
I suspect he will be playing for Brisbane next year, and I reckon Hardwick is furious at Leppa.

First Danny Daily ... now Rance.

Public life and the pressure that goes with it just doesent sit well with some people. It's a real lifestyle.

I loved Leppas comments on Rance, but I took them as a bit of a statement - "We are close.. very close",
I suspect he will be playing for Brisbane next year, and I reckon Hardwick is furious at Leppa.

And don't forget McGuane.

Fev was a A grader during his career at Carlton, but he came to Brisbane at the age of 29 and his best was past him.

He came as the reigning Coleman medallist.

Fev was a A grader during his career at Carlton, but he came to Brisbane at the age of 29 and his best was past him.
This is rubbish. Fev was an A grader. His off field life wasn't A grade but on field he was definitely elite. Re-watch the Lions opening 4 games of the 2010 season. Fev and Browny in tandem were so fun to watch, even if that fun was short-lived due to injury among other things.

This is rubbish. Fev was an A grader. His off field life wasn't A grade but on field he was definitely elite. Re-watch the Lions opening 4 games of the 2010 season. Fev and Browny in tandem were so fun to watch, even if that fun was short-lived due to injury among other things.
That month of footy actually holds a lot of great memories for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...and McGuane:cool:

If the general Patton gets back and plays later this year and shows some form, I would much prefer offering the house for him.. $800K a year, probably similar injury risk to Dixon but younger and has a higher ceiling.. He would really straighten us up and give a great target..

On rance, not sure why we would need him? Our KPD stocks are ok with Clarke, Andrews and Gardiner playing on the 3rd tall, as well as Mcstay potentially going back. I don't think giving the biggest contract in the league for a key defender is smart.. Seems like a silly move, we need to get a KPF that is young and can be on our list for the next 8 years +.. This player will set us up to win finals..

Dixon ain't that player IMO.

.... rance, not sure why we would need him? Our KPD stocks are ok with Clarke, Andrews and Gardiner playing on the 3rd tall, as well as Mcstay potentially going back. I don't think giving the biggest contract in the league for a key defender is smart.. Seems like a silly move, we need to get a KPF that is young and can be on our list for the next 8 years +.. This player will set us up to win finals..

Dixon ain't that player IMO.
I think the match just gone might explain why we need an experienced key defender.

It's a good question -- is Paine out of contract at the end of this year or next?

No one knows for certain. I've tried a few times to dig up an answer for the contracts thread and came up blank each time. There definitely hasn't been any media articles about it.

We desperately need Rance. Merrett is getting injured more and more lately. Rance for mine is the clear number 1 defender in the comp. I remember how he sliced us apart last year.... He is worth every bit of 750k. Our young backline would turn to cement with him leading down back.

We haven't seen the best of Dixon yet. If he can stay fit over the next 5 years I believe he'll be an elite player..... Some might say that's a big "if"

No one knows for certain. I've tried a few times to dig up an answer for the contracts thread and came up blank each time. There definitely hasn't been any media articles about it.

I have a brief recollection of an article when he was traded stating that he signed a 2 year contract. Can't for the life of me remember the article though.

All a bit vague. Weird, no?

All a bit vague. Weird, no?

Not uncommon for non-top level players. The obsession over contracts has only really come into its own after the GC and GWS recruitment concessions followed by the transition to free agency and a spate of players forcing themselves to new clubs. Paine and McGuane were quiet recruitments so didn't merit press treatment at the time. Part of it would also be our slow reaction to the changing face of AFL news though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back