2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West is not a stop gap option up forward. It's an insane suggestion. He simply is not and has never been that great up forward.

Is he 'not that great' enough to have the opposition put their first defender on him 'cause whoever we put up front needs to be, at minimum, that threatening to the opposition.

Is he 'not that great' enough to have the opposition put their first defender on him 'cause whoever we put up front needs to be, at minimum, that threatening to the opposition.
If he is going to be a Key Forward then he needs to be able to get goals. He has never been a great goal kicker, he will probably have just as much influence as Leuy is up forward. I can't see him getting 2/3 goals each game to justify him going into the forward line and not getting Dixon.

He is an unatheltic ruckmen who will not get the best defender ever. His opponent will create run off him all day.

We need a genuine forward who can also do some ruck work, which is why i think Dixon is a great fit for us. Close is the more natural CHF roaming type, and Dixon can play closer to goal where his contested marking can be used. Plays to both of these guys strengths. Add McStay as the athletic high flying 3rd type and i think it is a great mix.

what will we have to give up to get dixon though.

Say we finish about 14th thats at least pick 4 in the draft. If we are going to be offering 750k for dixon GC will say we are paying him a high wage and that he is then worth pick 4 at very least. Feeling he is possibly a pick between 10-18 personally. As reluctant as the lions would be to give away pick 4 you might have to gamble and take a punt. With lions giving pick 5 away last year might be reluctant to do that although they may be able to get Ben Keays with their second round pick so DIxon and keys might be a great result from the draft especially if we could snatch rance. Maybe if aish goes thats the pick that will be offered for charlie

what will we have to give up to get dixon though.

Say we finish about 14th thats at least pick 4 in the draft. If we are going to be offering 750k for dixon GC will say we are paying him a high wage and that he is then worth pick 4 at very least. Feeling he is possibly a pick between 10-18 personally. As reluctant as the lions would be to give away pick 4 you might have to gamble and take a punt. With lions giving pick 5 away last year might be reluctant to do that although they may be able to get Ben Keays with their second round pick so DIxon and keys might be a great result from the draft especially if we could snatch rance. Maybe if aish goes thats the pick that will be offered for charlie
There's a huge difference giving away pick 5 for Beams then giving up pick 4 for Dixon though

West is not a stop gap option up forward. It's an insane suggestion. He simply is not and has never been that great up forward.
Was turning into a behemoth before he went down in my opinion.Big blokes take longer etc,etc... I reckon he was hitting a sweet spot of sorts..dunno how he'll come back after the knee though

Was turning into a behemoth before he went down in my opinion.Big blokes take longer etc,etc... I reckon he was hitting a sweet spot of sorts..dunno how he'll come back after the knee though
Behemoth? I obviously remember him very differently. I remember he was a pretty decent ruck prospect BEFORE l saw how good Martin is. Took me by surprise with a 3goal effort in the 1st game against the Hawks but was pretty poor for the next several weeks up forward. He is an old school ruck who can pinch hit up forward for maybe a goal a game. Unathletic imo. H eowuld probably be our FF atm with all our injuries but when they come back l doubt he would get a game.

Behemoth? I obviously remember him very differently. I remember he was a pretty decent ruck prospect BEFORE l saw how good Martin is. Took me by surprise with a 3goal effort in the 1st game against the Hawks but was pretty poor for the next several weeks up forward. He is an old school ruck who can pinch hit up forward for maybe a goal a game. Unathletic imo. H eowuld probably be our FF atm with all our injuries but when they come back l doubt he would get a game.
He was starting to believe in himself.What you saw him producing isn't necessarily the end point.

Richo just said we are after Jay Schultz.

I wouldn't really raise an eyebrow at that except for the fact it isn't the first time I have heard the rumour.

Could be an excellent short term fix while we develop long term options.

Could it form part of an Aish trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo just said we are after Jay Schultz.

I wouldn't really raise an eyebrow at that except for the fact it isn't the first time I have heard the rumour.

Could be an excellent short term fix while we develop long term options.

Could it form part of an Aish trade?

Schulz and their first or PSD.

It's more that Schulz would want out because Port can't afford him and we'll be able to pay him plenty.
Yeah I see the point,he might move for an extra 150

Dunno about a 3 yearer though which he is going to ask for

Apart from the overs we also get stuck with offering guys an extra year

Yeah I see the point,he might move for an extra 150

Dunno about a 3 yearer though which he is going to ask for

Apart from the overs we also get stuck with offering guys an extra year

Yeah 2 years max. On good money should be enough.

Doesn't have any currency for Port. PSD a serious threat. Couldn't see Carlton, Gold Coast, Melbourne or the Saints picking him up with a decent salary required.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back