List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many rookie upgrades are allowed in season?

And who are the big names coming out of contract next year other than JOM, Wines and Wingard?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

That all sounds great, but if we trade for pick 8, we probably won't have any picks in the rest of the early rounds. Given we need to replace Mitchell/Hodge/Burgoyne in the next year or two, we need to get those players in as soon as possible. Roughead still probably has at least 3 or 4 years left in him, which gives us time to find a replacement. We don't have that luxury with our midfielders.

There's also the point that if Weideman is injury prone, we could potentially get nothing from this draft if we only take him and late picks. Considering we could pick up two players with our late first rounders, i'm just not sure it's worth the risk for a guy who doesn't fill any immediate needs for us.

Teams have won flags without elite KPF's, but i can't think of a team that has without a very good midfield.

Very smart poster. Tick.

Only Adelaide, Brisbane, GC and ourselves have two first round picks, as it stands right now.

I say play it safe and take two mids with our two early picks. yes it may be a 'weak' draft (I personally don't like saying that as there is always talent youngster out there) but we have found some gems before, so no reason why our selection panel can't do it again

Wright just said "we are wrapped to have 2 picks inside the top 20 for the first time in 8 years"

Also said "we are happy to use those picks in the up coming draft but we are also open minded about doing a further deal with them"
Pretty sure we had picks 18 & 19 in 2013 when Judas departed

Wright just said "we are wrapped to have 2 picks inside the top 20 for the first time in 8 years"

Also said "we are happy to use those picks in the up coming draft but we are also open minded about doing a further deal with them"
Oh yeah but we have been rorting the system......how else could we win 3 flags in a row.

#stillplentyofbittertears

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It might be a weak draft but there is quality in the top 20 and I think we can get 2 good kids in to develop, with our list where is is I like the chance to get 2 first rounders in with 3 years to develop them before hodge and Mitchell and gone

how are collingwood gonna fit treloar, aish and howe in ...looking at the top 20 there is a heap of midfield talent on offer....so if we miss out on carlisle it will not be too bad.....we could grab two potential midfield guns....then next year we can target will schofield as a free agent + ollie wines....win win....wrighty is the man....

Carlisle is the first player to resist the 'seal-the-deal' phone call from Clarko.

Man wants his money.

I assume the phone call played out like this:

Clarko

the-joker.gif

Carlisle

show-me-the-money-o.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle deal unlikely.

If he doesn't want to play for the greatest club when asked proves that he is a tool of the highest order. And then would prefer to play for a perennial joke St kilda. This bloke must be as dumb as he looks. I don't think he would be able to handle the demands our leadership group would demand from him anyway.

Gee, Ollie wines would be a good get. Considering port are tight in cap with Ryder, Hartlett and now Dixon plus the Chad will ask close to 800k next year!! I say we cut our loses and go hard for him now!! Use future draft pick plus a Sicily/Gus type for the deal! We obviously have the money. Do it Hawks.

If he doesn't want to play for the greatest club when asked proves that he is a tool of the highest order. And then would prefer to play for a perennial joke St kilda. This bloke must be as dumb as he looks. I don't think he would be able to handle the demands our leadership group would demand from him anyway.
There is more to a club than just success ya know. It is his job as well. Who is to say St Kilda won't win a flag in the next 8 years anyway?

We need to get something for Whitecross.
Second that, very versatile but his lack of play time in the last 2 years will mean we get nothing I think. Have to orchestrate a trade but being 3 peat premiers I don't see another club being over cordial with any request we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back