List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who this was directed at, but I'll bite.

You don't play 300 AFL games by being a "pretty boy". There's a reason Dal was brought to the club, and there was a reason that he wasn't dropped at the time Brad came back after his break. He plays his role in the team. Sure, it'd be nice if he had the tackling skills of Swallow or Garner, but he doesn't and not every player has to be a carbon-copy of the next.

As for the "minor iota" of leadership he brings to the team, without that we don't make the prelim 2 years in a row. Without that we wouldn't have even made it past * in the 2014 EF.

I'd love Bennell in the team, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't come in at the expense of Dal. Honestly, if you said we could play in a premiership with either Dal or Bennell, I'd pick Dal every day of the week. Experience trumps potential skill and flare.

Also, as for 95% of the board who disagree with you wearing "bias goggles", perhaps it is in fact you that can't see your own bias. You seem pretty hell bent on getting Bennell and rectifying our apparent "lack of speed". I'm surprised you haven't offered Goldy's spot on the list for him. I guess I'll just give it time...
Ridiculous statement putting our wins against Geelong, Essendon, Richmond and Sydney down to one player... Get off the high horse

1. Bennell - get it done - whatever it takes within reason
2. Seedsman
3. Send wells overseas and give him an overhaul of his body - inject whatever you need into him to get him right
4. LT fitter and conditioned
5. Dont trade anyone out.
6. Top 2-4
7. Win the flag.

If 'overseas' is code for Napier St then we should steer clear.

In all seriousness, I for one expect Wells to have a preseason and play a full year in '16

He's a druggy that was caught. I might be completely wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's a statistical probability that at least one player already on North's list has taken, or regularly takes, illicit drugs of some form. The same goes for players at every club; the different though is that they dont get caught.
It's a known risk that shouldn't be taken. Playing for a new footy club isn't going to somehow change his behaviour. [IMG[/IMG]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Look you should take off your bias goggles for a second, and realise that Dal Santo is one of the biggest 'pretty boys' that had ever graced our football club. Never takes a tackle, never lays a tackle, never applies defensive pressure. Some of his efforts are laughable really.. Worse than any other on our team imo in regards to putting in defensively (even Harvey is more apt in this area).

Maybe the club would lose a minor iota of so called 'leadership'..
But would you prefer a GF birth with a young gun and potential top 5 player in the Comp in Bennell, or a player who is clearly washed up and passed his best and can easily be exposed on the defensive end, can't believe no one else sees this...
Just downright ridiculous.

I am very upbeat about our future.

I don't think for 2016 we need to do a terrible lot, just make sure we have our boys on the park and get rid of those mental lapses, during the first half of the year.

B: Thompson Tarrant Wright

HB: McMillan Petrie Atley

C: Wells Swallow Dal Santo

HF: Higgins Waite Ziebell

F: Thomas Brown Garner

R: Goldstein Cunnington Jacobs

INT: Harvey Daw (plus two from Emergencies)

Emergencies: Firrito Gibson Hansen Tippett Black Bastinac Mullett Harper McKenzie Wood McDonald Preuss(r) Dumont Turner Fordham(r) Vicker-Willis Neilson Durdin

I want Drew to play CHB and be the swing man we don't currently have or use.

Gone: Grima McMahon Adams Currie Nahas(r) Wallace(r) Warren(r)
In: Bennell? (due-diligence applied) 3 draft picks and 3 rookies

Need to replace those in Red at the end of 2016
May need to replace those in Orange at the end of 2017

Harper could be gone too but is he better then what we would pick up with selection 90 something in the draft?

Ridiculous statement putting our wins against Geelong, Essendon, Richmond and Sydney down to one player... Get off the high horse
Yes, that's the most ridiculous part of this whole discussion :rolleyes:

How about not letting your blind hatred for certain players cloud your view of the actual impact they have on the team?

I thought it might interest you that at the same age Dal averaged the exact same amount of tackles as your saviour, Bennell. Even though he's supposedly a one-way runner, Dal is still only averaging .9 of a tackle less than Bennell this year. "Pretty boy" Dal also averages 3.7 tackles a game over his career, as opposed to Bennell at 2.4 (granted that's comparing 300 games to 81). Oh, and I wouldn't bother comparing Seedman's stats, not worth it.

Not bad for a "pretty boy" that doesn't chase and doesn't tackle.

You're putting down the difference between a premiership and a prelim to one player. How is that different?

Reckon we have most of the pillars in place to go further next year. Hard inside mids, great ruckman, very solid key position players, good leaders and a game plan that is now focused on pressure. Those pillars are hard to establish - the final one - outside speed and skill will be addressed in the trade period. A lot to look forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying one player wins you 4 finals, gee this is laughable
I'm not, but youre having a crack at someone saying that's what they've said when they clearly didn't yet you think switching Bennell for Dal would mean we get to/win a premiership.

Its the exact same thing.

Dal had more pressure acts and clearances than any other North player on the weekend. In a prelim. As our fourth banana mid rotation.

When Cunners and JZ struggle he stands up to take up the slack, otherwise he is roaming off half back and wing directing traffic and straightening us up. He is a quality addition to our team and will continue to add significant value as long as he can play his role.

He's a druggy that was caught. I might be completely wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's a statistical probability that at least one player already on North's list has taken, or regularly takes, illicit drugs of some form. The same goes for players at every club; the different though is that they dont get caught.
It's not only statistical but true, at least the "has taken" I can't talk for the "regularly takes" I think the difference is the levels of taking. It's one thing to pop a few pills during your teenage years when you're the big dog in high school/in your first year on an AFL list but to cut it out when you turn pro/start playing regular senior games. That however is totally different to be racking lines of coke when you're your club's great white hope (so to speak).
Having said all this, hot damn I want him!

G'day NMFC fans, my first post on Big Footy and no better way to start than to ask a few questions re North's prospective trade period this year!

And... The rest is history.

I cannot wait until this thread dies.

A slow and painful death.

By the way. Dal had a quieter year compared to 2014. But that's to be expected after a serious hamstring injury. It took him a while to get going toward the business end of the season. But he proved his worth in our last two finals. If you don't believe so, then watch the replay and get back to us. He was very solid and he needs another big pre-season, to give 2016 a serious crack.

Required and not going anywhere.

Not sure why there's some that want Nahas gone. I think he's perfect option to come off the rookie list if we receive a LTI because we know that he'll contribute. Not to mention that he kicked 30+ goals this season; there's an argument that could be made that he should be upgraded to the senior list.

i think now we arent playing finals our player can meet with targets to convince them to come to us

Yep. The whole drug thing regarding Bennell is over the top.

It's just that he was caught as you say and half our list is probably on the gear in off season knowing they can't drink due to skin folds etc.

Gun player, exactly what we need and we should be going flat out to get him but as he doesn't meet the choir boy image we won't.

Bastinac, McKenzie and Black are three players with some sort of worth that I would be packaging up with a pick to get better players we need.

I'm confident we have targets in mind, desperately need more outside run and line breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back