Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

It's that time of year again.

I won't bore you with graphs and tables since it's only one round into the season. Instead, I will entertain you with this banner I made.

upload_2016-3-27_19-49-52.png
Unfortunately Photoshop gave up half-way through and I couldn't make it more legible. Nonetheless, it teaches us am important life lesson. Always save your work.

While last year (click here) we lost the metaphorical dick-measuring contest, we established that there was plenty of room for optimism in 2016 and beyond.

So here we are. Premiership footy returned to Adelaide Oval on Easter Sunday, drawing 43,807 people through the gates.

Minus the inevitable 800 for the 'adjusted' figure.

#campaigners - AFL really need to force their hand and make them introduce workers passes that they wear around there necks. Surely it cant be that hard. AFL have better things to worry about than auditing crowd numbers every game of every season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I thought we would get 35k but struggle to get to 38k because of Easter. Between family and friends we have 15 membership passes and a few people were away for Easter and on Thursday we were down to 6 definite attendees and maybe 8. We got to 11 with a few people taking up the offer to use spare passes.

The club was bloody wrapped with the figure of 43.8k and is looking forward to a bumper crowd against Essendon on Friday week.

Did anyone notice anything different about the North West part of the Hill compared to last year??. It looked like more people were in that area or they had pulled down some screens at the back of the grass area next to the pathway the Morton Bay Figs part of the Hill not the seats part. Anyone else notice something was different and looked like more people there?

Yeah I thought we would get 35k but struggle to get to 38k because of Easter. Between family and friends we have 15 membership passes and a few people were away for Easter and on Thursday we were down to 6 definite attendees and maybe 8. We got to 11 with a few people taking up the offer to use spare passes.

The club was bloody wrapped with the figure of 43.8k and is looking forward to a bumper crowd against Essendon on Friday week.

Did anyone notice anything different about the North West part of the Hill compared to last year??. It looked like more people were in that area or they had pulled down some screens at the back of the grass area next to the pathway the Morton Bay Figs part of the Hill not the seats part. Anyone else notice something was different and looked like more people there?
I did take notice of that area - it look more open than previously so I reckon you might be right about infrastructure removal (not sure what though)

I was up in the Riverbank stand, and kept looking at the part of the hill because something seemed different but I couldn't put my finger on what.

I'd prefer the Mothers Day game to Easter Sunday.

Absolutely a fantastic crowd yesterday.

We are due to miss both next year, surely.

96b83b1ec0f9e0c63a0bc99bb4269b7c

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back