Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to say it, but I've got a feeling that the Brisbane Mother's Day twilight game is going to be the lowest ever attended AFL game at AO.

hurrrrrr bring back tarps :drunk:

saw a moron/troll on social media bagging us cause we didn't get 45-48k. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Was that person a North Melbourne or a Melbourne fan, by any chance? Two candidates for tarps right there - we certainly won't be needing them any time soon.

Just a brilliant turnout. Fantastic. But "lol tarps Poort".

"Pay your way", says the man-sized primordial dwarf to Kane Cornes at that rickety shithole where the Bite play.

Another zillion clams into the #realfooty coffers for no tangible reason.

"Pay your way", says the man-sized primordial dwarf to Kane Cornes at that rickety shithole where the Bite play.

Another zillion clams into the #realfooty coffers for no tangible reason.
Can't figure out if you are
image.jpeg
Or
image.jpeg

And, don't understand a lot of your ramblings, but wish I did as I'm sure it's amusing.

Did anyone notice anything different about the North West part of the Hill compared to last year??. It looked like more people were in that area or they had pulled down some screens at the back of the grass area next to the pathway the Morton Bay Figs part of the Hill not the seats part. Anyone else notice something was different and looked like more people there?

They were certainly packed in over there. Perhaps we cut down a moreton bay fig? Someone check with the Norf Adelaide Regression Group.

Yeah I thought we would get 35k but struggle to get to 38k because of Easter. Between family and friends we have 15 membership passes and a few people were away for Easter and on Thursday we were down to 6 definite attendees and maybe 8. We got to 11 with a few people taking up the offer to use spare passes.

The club was bloody wrapped with the figure of 43.8k and is looking forward to a bumper crowd against Essendon on Friday week.

Did anyone notice anything different about the North West part of the Hill compared to last year??. It looked like more people were in that area or they had pulled down some screens at the back of the grass area next to the pathway the Morton Bay Figs part of the Hill not the seats part. Anyone else notice something was different and looked like more people there?
There wasn't the superdry van there Sunday so maybe that allowed more people to watch from the north west hill.
Van moved outside where you go for a smoke at northern end, maybe to counter punters leaving for gdv?

Hate to say it, but I've got a feeling that the Brisbane Mother's Day twilight game is going to be the lowest ever attended AFL game at AO.

hurrrrrr bring back tarps :drunk:

What? We have mothers day AS WELL!

Jeez.

If you break it down, it really was the most impressive crowd of the entire weekend.

Yes the raw figures of both Richmond/Carlton and Geelong/Hawthorn were obviously better but lets look at the factors.

Richmond/Carlton: Thursday night game, stand alone, hype galore, first game of the year, "traditional rival", Richmond home game with a claimed 70,000 members, against another so called "Big 4 club" Significant neutral interest as it is a supposed "blockbuster" AFL and MCC members get in for free. Crowd 75,706

Geelong/Hawthorn: Monday Holiday game, stand alone, hype galore, modern "traditional rival", Geelong home game but also a "replacement game" for Hawthorn with a claimed 70,000 members, Significant neutral interest as it is a "blockbuster" AFL and MCC members get in for free. Crowd 74,218.

Port/Saint: Shit, traditionally poor timeslot, Membership of 58,000, Away supporters numbering in the 100's, virtually zero neutral interest and almost no access for AFL/MCC/SACA members. Crowd:43,807.

If you break it down, it really was the most impressive crowd of the entire weekend.

Yes the raw figures of both Richmond/Carlton and Geelong/Hawthorn were obviously better but lets look at the factors.

Richmond/Carlton: Thursday night game, stand alone, hype galore, first game of the year, "traditional rival", Richmond home game with a claimed 70,000 members, against another so called "Big 4 club" Significant neutral interest as it is a supposed "blockbuster" AFL and MCC members get in for free. Crowd 75,706

Geelong/Hawthorn: Monday Holiday game, stand alone, hype galore, modern "traditional rival", Geelong home game but also a "replacement game" for Hawthorn with a claimed 70,000 members, Significant neutral interest as it is a "blockbuster" AFL and MCC members get in for free. Crowd 74,218.

Port/Saint: Shit, traditionally poor timeslot, Membership of 58,000, Away supporters numbering in the 100's, virtually zero neutral interest and almost no access for AFL/MCC/SACA members. Crowd:43,807.

yeah if more SMA members rolled up it would've helped, but as to be expected that section was almost vacant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already have.

In 1998 we played North Melbourne in Canberra at 11:30 in the morning.
I was there in the middle of winter and it was ****en freezing. It was 5 degrees at about 10 o'clock as I stayed at my sisters and we decided to go grab some breakfast before the game and I checked the temperature before we left. I reckon it was about 9 degrees during the game.

Also the game against North at the SCG in 2000 was an 11.30 game. That was the game Shane Bond did his knee and never played again and Josh Carr debuted. That was a bloody cold day as well because there was this freezing biting wind come off the Pacific Ocean - but it was about 12 degrees.

I was there in the middle of winter and it was ****en freezing. It was 5 degrees at about 10 o'clock as I stayed at my sisters and we decided to go grab some breakfast before the game and I checked the temperature before we left. I reckon it was about 9 degrees during the game.

Also the game against North at the SCG in 2000 was an 11.30 game. That was the game Shane Bond did his knee and never played again and Josh Carr debuted. That was a bloody cold day as well because there was this freezing biting wind come off the Pacific Ocean - but it was about 12 degrees.
The 1998 game was the one in which Winston Abraham took the mark of the year.

I'd forgotten about the other morning game in 2000 but, now that you've mentioned it, I do remember the write up in the paper the next day, where the journo said the two teams had honoured the morning start by coming out and playing like a couple of reserves teams!

AM would be a great 'atmosphere'
I've 'watched' many a NYD game sleeping across a row of seats. My best however, was sleeping in a park 200m away from the ground and missing a 5-0 win.

If there were 51,500 at that game on the weekend, there surely was 58,000 at the Phil Walsh showdown last year.
The Phil Walsh game was understated by a thousand maybe a bit more, but I reckon the first showdown back in March 2014 was at least 3-4,000 short of the real figure.

Well it's your fault poort. There would have been 55k+ there on Saturday if it was crows v crows.

Your supporters are too poor and crow supporters are scared of your violence and swearing.

You bunch of ****ing drunks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back