Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I love our tarps. People remember to bag us about them before they remember the 2007 GF, they get sucked into inferior criticism

I love our tarps. People remember to bag us about them before they remember the 2007 GF, they get sucked into inferior criticism
a391ae9c003cc9317842397a7858e8f6.jpg

Still looks like a lot of unsold tickets for Friday night. Would have thought this would be close to a sell out?

I've said many times, the idea was solid, again we pioneered. Melbourne playing in front of 15k at the MCG with sparse crowds and empty seats is an awful look and a waste of advertising opportunities.

Still looks like a lot of unsold tickets for Friday night. Would have thought this would be close to a sell out?

That loss has done a lot of damage to our brand

Remember we are the die-hards who even turned up in 2011

There are plenty of fairweather supporters who pick and choose their games

We hold back a lot of these tickets

Only predicting a crowd of around 45k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said many times, the idea was solid, again we pioneered. Melbourne playing in front of 15k at the MCG with sparse crowds and empty seats is an awful look and a waste of advertising opportunities.

Closing off sections and covering seats is actually quite common in international sports, particularly in shared stadiums. Our problem was the location of the tarps made it too obvious it was to deal with poor crowds. We should have been more subtle with the positioning (e.g. place them next to the ambulance race...not have one bay open, then a tarp, then two bays open, then a tarp, etc). It just never looked right and was poorly thought through and poorly executed by the club.

Talking of tarps and covering things up, I noticed on the west fixed signage covering up the stands, next to the Bradman letters and also the stands either side, something which was never meant to happen to this ground. They haven't done it to the east presumably as it's the TV side. Also all the Telstra branding out front - all very subtle but a way of recouping costs as it will never be called 'AAMI' stadium. Should be 47k to mix night, can't make it unfortunately.

..... Also all the Telstra branding out front - all very subtle but a way of recouping costs as it will never be called 'AAMI' stadium. .....
The Adelaide Oval Southern Plaza is the "Telstra Plaza". As you say, the SMA can't sell naming rights to the Oval but there is nothing to stop them selling naming rights to parts of it. The Audi Stadium Club is another example.

45-48k at this stage. which will be more than acceptable considering the opponent and the situation they're in player wise. I'd be disappointed if we got less than 45k.

Talking of tarps and covering things up, I noticed on the west fixed signage covering up the stands, next to the Bradman letters and also the stands either side, something which was never meant to happen to this ground. They haven't done it to the east presumably as it's the TV side. Also all the Telstra branding out front - all very subtle but a way of recouping costs as it will never be called 'AAMI' stadium. Should be 47k to mix night, can't make it unfortunately.

The southern plaza was officially named the telstra plaza last year or possibly the year before even

Noticing that the club has paid facebook to advertise the hell out of the game. Even the AFL facebook page is promoting for people to buy tickets.

Not surprising for a rare Friday night home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back