List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The Roar has us taking Bolton with our first pick - I can understand the logic to add some potential magic to our forward line. Would be an interesting selection.
Bolton will be a Bruce favourite as he does some very "Cyril" things on a footy field...I really like the look of him.

God help us all if Rioli and Bolton end up playing on each other, Bruce will have the tissues and KY ready to go in the commentary box!

concrete rumors dont really surface until a day or two before, typically that is when twoomy posts his "accurate" phantom draft, whereas at the moment I suspect it's how he rates the players.

Emma Quayle is usually on the money, expect her phantom next thursday.
Agree on Emma but if you look at the last 2 years, Twomey has been writing when he knows there is firm interest. He is an insider and gets to hear who has had what interviews and has not been far off the pace. Both he and Emma have been very close with the top 20 in the past 2 seasons.
Here is the 2014 Phantoms v Actual

upload_2016-11-18_7-23-12.png

Agree on Emma but if you look at the last 2 years, Twomey has been writing when he knows there is firm interest. He is an insider and gets to hear who has had what interviews and has not been far off the pace. Both he and Emma have been very close with the top 20 in the past 2 seasons.
Here is the 2014 Phantoms v Actual

View attachment 311182
Twomey was hedging his bets a bit there with Marchbank

Shame on you, what a awful comment ;) .

I happen to not like anything :greatbritain:. ..... sorry.... slight correction I do like the notion of an English Lavender connection.... ( Apologies Keyser Soze that was one of your creative lines )

Oh .... by the way Gidfather32 here is your Christmas Present if we happen to take English. :gift::pileofpoop::bomb::pileofpoop::gift:

Hope you like it and please open it slowly so that you get to smell the gun powder.

Now it must be the German influence of those fancy :germany::germany: bits that you drive - they have corrupted you. :greatbritain: is British not English. This is what you want.
upload_2016-11-18_8-9-16.png

concrete rumors dont really surface until a day or two before, typically that is when twoomy posts his "accurate" phantom draft, whereas at the moment I suspect it's how he rates the players.

Emma Quayle is usually on the money, expect her phantom next thursday.
He is doing three drafts this week and next.

1. Was with Ablett earlier in the week on who they think is best available
2. Form guide top 30 today
3. Next Wednesday he is going to try to predict the draft with 2 days to go (having spoken to all recruiting managers, knows who is invited to Sydney and having had a list of the interview schedules)

Reading Twomey article it would seem that Berry is a real chance.

Not a bad selection as a big bodied player with a lot of versatility and strong leadership traits although a bit worried about injury history, mind you that seems to from his crash and bash style which is not a bad trait for us.

Seems that we are also hoping that SPP or Bolton slides to our second pick which appears unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to suck watching SPP tearing it up for another team.

What are some previous examples of where this board has been so keen for someone who has been regarded as a huge reach by the afl media and other experts?

Wouldn't have been seen as a reach, but Laverde. More a distinction between where clubs ended up viewing him and where the hype/profile had the board looking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back