List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So the final draft order is out now that clubs have lodged their lists with the delisted FA period closed

We go into the draft with picks 12,34,54,89,94 available to use

Should we use all 5 as I believe we should then there will only be 2 rookie spots to fill, one of which we have promised to McInnes

If we are picking that late i could see us grabbing a mature ager.
Ideally there's no bid on waterman before 54 so we can use on of those two late picks on him

The other one perhaps for a mature ager or we hold it over to use on Petrie in the PSD should our brains be sufficiently fried

So the final draft order is out now that clubs have lodged their lists with the delisted FA period closed

Should we use all 5 as I believe we should then there will only be 2 rookie spots to fill, one of which we have promised to McInnes
One of the better BF mock drafts is snoopdog - worth a look
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-afl-2016-phantom-draft.1152419/

He has McInnes being taken by North in the rookie draft - could be good as I do not see value in keeping him. Though we may go Petrie if he is taken but Cameron might avoid that problem!!!

Snoop has us taking the following:

Main Draft
Shai Bolton
William Drew
Jake Waterman (matching a bid)
Darcy Cameron
Reece Piper - small fast defender

Only 7 days to go.

Does this just about sum up our changes?

Main List:

Ellis (12)
Cavka (34)
Brown (54)
McG (89)
Bennell (Mitchell)
McInness (Vardy)

Rookie List:
Colledge (committed to McInness)
Lucas (Rookie 2)
Waterman (Rookie 3)*
Adamson (Cat B rookie)

*We have the option of using Pick 94 in the main draft, 3rd round rookie draft, or PSD (Petrie Special Draft).

Last edited:
It's going to suck watching SPP tearing it up for another team.

What are some previous examples of where this board has been so keen for someone who has been regarded as a huge reach by the afl media and other experts?
BF WCE Board draft "rage"
2007: Masten Vs Palmer Vs Morton Vs Myers
2008: Naitanui Vs Rich, and playing to get Swift!
2009: Lucas Vs Jetta
2010: Why the flip didn't we tank to get a PP (Swallow / Bennell), then Gaff Vs Heppell Vs Polec
2011: What do we have to trade to get PP for JOM! How can we get Conniglio?! TBH don't recall much of that year, probably because of the ridiculous number of picks GWS got.
2012: We really should try get a PP for Martin / Hogan... Why DF did we trade a 1st for Wellingham?!?!?!... meh
2013: KErrazzy Vozzo!! WATF kind of trade was that!?! Sheed Vs Acres! Acres rulesz!... wait, we could have had Aish/Scharenberg and Lewis Taylor?!? arrggghhh!!
2014: Ahern? Weller? Lever? ZOMGGG!! Cockatooooo!!!! Woweee, Laverde! wait.. Duggan? As in vanilla?
2015: *sigh* traded first pick again... save Callum Sinclair!! / yay Jetta!

So now you're caught up to this year.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-afl-2016-phantom-draft.1152419/

He has McInnes being taken by North in the rookie draft - could be good as I do not see value in keeping him. Though we may go Petrie if he is taken but Cameron might avoid that problem!!!

Main Draft
Shai Bolton
William Drew
Darcy Cameron

Only 7 days to go.

Not a huge fan of Drew, I think his strengths may struggle to transfer to pro level. Would have preferred bid on Callum Brown, or gong for Fisher or Parfitt - problem woudl be the similarities to Bolton to an extent. Otherwise Bailey Morrish, or Atley as a better version of Drew...

Main Draft
Shai Bolton
William Drew
Darcy Cameron

Only 7 days to go.
I note with interest that he has Essendon taking Bailey banfield with pick 1 of the rookie draft

We've committed to taking Frase as a rookie (if available).

If anything it'd be IN: Petrie, OUT: Colledge/Lucas/Brown.
Probably a win there too.
I was talking more about a senior list spot if we don't take Petrie in the rookie draft, which would be ridiculous given we're already committed to McInnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love Berry.

Would compliment our under 25 midfielders nicely.

Sheed Duggan Berry Yeo Gaff

200.gif

2010: Why the flip didn't we tank to get a PP (Swallow / Bennell), then Gaff Vs Heppell Vs Polec
2011: What do we have to trade to get PP for JOM! How can we get Conniglio?! TBH don't recall much of that year, probably because of the ridiculous number of picks GWS got.
2012: We really should try get a PP for Martin / Hogan... Why DF did we trade a 1st for Wellingham?!?!?!... meh
2013: KErrazzy Vozzo!! WATF kind of trade was that!?! Sheed Vs Acres! Acres rulesz!... wait, we could have had Aish/Scharenberg and Lewis Taylor?!? arrggghhh!!
2014: Ahern? Weller? Lever? ZOMGGG!! Cockatooooo!!!! Woweee, Laverde! wait.. Duggan? As in vanilla?

Haha good summary. My personal thoughts from each year.

Take Morton. Whoops.

Nicnat and Swifty. Then we won the draft. But I cursed Jordan Jones over Walters.

I wanted Butcher.

I wanted Polec. And Lycett with 26. Was so pumped on draft day.

That year was shit from memory. Think Port short changed us for Ebert.

Another shit year, but don't think there were many/any good players apart from Grundy taken after pick 17.

I was mad with Yeo for 31 instead of 28.

And didn't understand why we used our priority pick. But it got us Barrass.

I wanted cockatoo. Happy with duggs. Wanted blakely though.

Pretty happy considering the picks we had.

My 2 cents.

Given his qualities, I do understand the SPP love, but he has deficiencies and this is a very strong draft. Reality check guys, he is not worth our first pick. I am confident the club won't take him at 12, and I would be disappointed if we did. Just because he likes the "don't argue" doesn't make him another Dustin Martin. At the same age, Martin had already proved himself an elite kick and high production player. He was miles ahead of where SPP is at the same age...

The talk of Brodie sliding is bemusing. Clearly top 5 on performance, so maybe there is something else going on there... if he lasted till our pick it would be a gift from the gods. If we passed on him, it would be the definition of insanity (unless, as I say, there is something else going on...).

Unless one of SPS, Taranto or Brodie were to somehow slide (all unlikely), I am vouching for Berry. He is tough, quick, versatile, good overhead, good user, good tank and is a leader. If he is available, he would be a great get at 12, and is the sort of player I see the club picking.

At the risk of being overly bias to the nth ballarat boys, I would also love to see us nab Drew at our second (unless there was an obvious slider like SPP). We need ball winners.

Cue the universal condemnation for my (realistic) SPP comments...

:$:$:$:$:$:$

07- I desperately wanted Cotchin sulked the rest of the draft cause we didn't get him.
08- defs naita didn't like rich for some reason seems I was justified ;)
09- curse the last 5 games would of got dusty and probably Fyfe if we didn't win 4 :(. Jetta was my first choice closely followed by butcher
10- wanted darling even at pick 4. Was meh on gaff absolutely stocked with the end result :D
11- nil interest vaguely recall wanting McInnes for chb
12- bleh year really didn't want to trade a first rounder :$
13- sheed baby all the way,
14- cockatoo and laverde were my picks, warmed to Duggan later really really wanted medanue or Blakey as 2nd rounder.
15- freo stole tucker :mad: partington was good and have no idea why we passed on balic Cole was decent but

No way we use all the picks. May even pass on 2 picks.

My 2 cents.

Given his qualities, I do understand the SPP love, but he has deficiencies and this is a very strong draft. Reality check guys, he is not worth our first pick. I am confident the club won't take him at 12, and I would be disappointed if we did. Just because he likes the "don't argue" doesn't make him another Dustin Martin. At the same age, Martin had already proved himself an elite kick and high production player. He was miles ahead of where SPP is at the same age...

The talk of Brodie sliding is bemusing. Clearly top 5 on performance, so maybe there is something else going on there... if he lasted till our pick it would be a gift from the gods. If we passed on him, it would be the definition of insanity (unless, as I say, there is something else going on...).

Unless one of SPS, Taranto or Brodie were to somehow slide (all unlikely), I am vouching for Berry. He is tough, quick, versatile, good overhead, good user, good tank and is a leader. If he is available, he would be a great get at 12, and is the sort of player I see the club picking.

At the risk of being overly bias to the nth ballarat boys, I would also love to see us nab Drew at our second (unless there was an obvious slider like SPP). We need ball winners.

Cue the universal condemnation for my (realistic) SPP comments...

I love him but good to see all opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back