JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Only 4 weeks away until the 2016 fixture comes out. Round 1 we will be away and round 23 we will be home. I really hope we avoid a trip to Perth in round 1.. not a good way to start the year. I really hope after a year of more good crowds we get another thurs night game (2 would be nice) and another Friday night game (2 would be nice) and also another game at the MCG would be nice (2). We are also due to play Carlton and Essendon at home. We have not played carlton in Adelaide since the 2011 season.
What is on everyone's wish list for the 2016 fixture?

Only 4 weeks away until the 2016 fixture comes out. Round 1 we will be away and round 23 we will be home. I really hope we avoid a trip to Perth in round 1.. not a good way to start the year. I really hope after a year of more good crowds we get another thurs night game (2 would be nice) and another Friday night game (2 would be nice) and also another game at the MCG would be nice (2). We are also due to play Carlton and Essendon at home. We have not played carlton in Adelaide since the 2011 season.
What is on everyone's wish list for the 2016 fixture?
We will be playing in Geelong round 1.

At least One Showdown at NIGHT - Friday Night would be great but I'll take Saturday Night. We haven't had a night Showdown for about 4 years now, not sure why.

Much spicier for the AFL if we play the DangerCats in Round 2 at Adelaide Oval, could give us another Friday Night game I guess!

At least 6 or 7 Night Home games, we were screwed this season with only 4 night games at Home. More night home games earlier in the season too (in 2014 & 2015 we have not played a night game at Adelaide Oval until Round 9 each season.

Less or No - Saturday arvo games and 12:40pm Sundays.

I really don't like how finals wins count for where you finish on the ladder, because we won a game we finished in the top third but over 22 games we finished 7th.

So now we double up on 3 top 6 teams and also play port twice who will most likely be a top 6 team as well.

We will be playing Geelong at Geelong, guaranteed. We will play both Showdowns at 4 o'clock on Sunday. We will play only a couple of MCG games. We will be sent to some faraway place like Brisbane, Geelong or Perth in Round 1. Our first home game will be on Easter Sunday.
:rolleyes:

When it comes to my personal wish list, I'd like:
1. At least a couple of Friday night games,
2. at least one Thursday night, and
3. more Saturday night games.
4. More games at the MCG.
5. No Easter Sunday - it's a pain in the bum having to choose between my beloved Crows and my beloved family.
6. As a bonus, I'd like a balanced draw in which we don't play a bunch of easy opponents before moving on to the hard ones, or vice versa.
:)

Can I ask do people honestly like Thursday nights? From a fan who goes to all the games, I absolutely hate it. I might just give up my ticket next year and watch it from home.

Finishing in the top 6 puts us in the hard side of the draw.Plus our double up against the Power who are a potential top 4 team makes it a long hard road next year. I'm not overly confident heading in next season.

My wishes are simple...please no 2:30pm-4:30 starts...and if we must have one, lets keep it at exactly one.

:)

Can I ask do people honestly like Thursday nights? From a fan who goes to all the games, I absolutely hate it. I might just give up my ticket next year and watch it from home.

Finishing in the top 6 puts us in the hard side of the draw.Plus our double up against the Power who are a potential top 4 team makes it a long hard road next year. I'm not overly confident heading in next season.
Due to working weekends, I love it.

Not too may thursday or Friday night home games (work). A few more Saturday night home games (love em). Good choice of Melbourne Saturday games for weekend away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'ld like to see more night games, whether Thurs/Frid/Sat plus more MCG games.
I actually welcome finishing in the top 6 and having the "harder" draw but I hope that we get more blockbuster games at home in prime tv spots.
I prefer playing the top teams twice - much better to watch and better for the long term development of players.

How does it work with the 5 extra games…do we need to do 3 of our double-ups against other top 6 teams? Then another against Port, and another from a bottom 6 side?

· Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two double-meetings with other top six sides and a maximum of three meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides in the 7-12 range. They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

Love Thursday Nights - the two games we have had both had a brilliant atmosphere, it would be great if we could get two a season, as we are never going to get more than 1 or 2 Home Friday Night games each year, its not that hard to book the Friday after as a RDO or flexi day.

Thursdays are great for me, I take the Thursday and Friday off and spend the weekend with Adelaide. I can see they wouldn't be great for those country members who are an hour or two from the city but for people coming from further they can be good.

Don't quite get the usual "the kids have school"/work argument, no that its not a valid reason for some, but that its a once or twice a year event with plenty of advanced notice, not much different from the 10,000 kids that will go to a One Direction concert on a school night, or parents going to a concert mid week, going to a late movie/dinner, whatever, things come up, people make arrangements.

A great opportunity to skip going with family and catch up with mates perhaps? I think its good to have some variety in time slots. Hoping for more night games but obviously wont be surprised if its mostly afternoons vs smaller clubs again for much of the year.

We will be playing in Geelong round 1.
I doubt it.. we have played Geelong in Geelong the last 2 years without a game here (yes I know we were meant to play them in round 14 this year here) We will play Geelong at Adelaide oval in Round 2 here. isn't round 1 the easter weekend? Hawthorn play the cats on the easter weekend. Easter falls on March 25th-28th which is round 1

Assuming they stick with the same fixture structure (2 or 3 in the top 6; 1 or 2 in the middle 6; 0 or 1 in the bottom 6), who do you think we'll play twice?

2 or 3 of:

West Coast
Fremantle
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Sydney

1 or 2 of:

Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Geelong
GWS
Collingwood

1 or 0 of:

Melbourne
St Kilda
Essendon
Gold Coast
Brisbane
Carlton

Personally, I hope we get the Bulldogs twice and not Geelong twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back