Freo H 4-3
Dogs A 5-3
Cats H 6-3
Suns A 7-3
Giants H 8-3
Saints H 9-3
Eagles A 9-4
Bye
any chance we can be 9-4 at the bye? with top 4 in sight?
9-4 after 12 games?
Are we winning or losing the Freo game?

HaaHaa.... Doh!:oops:

Kangas A 1-0 W
Port H 2-0 W
Tigers A 3-0 W
Swans H 3-1 L
Hawks A 3-2 L
Freo H 3-3 L
Dogs A 4-3 W
Cats H 5-3 W
Suns A 6-3 W
Giants H 7-3 W
Saints H 8-3 W
Eagles A 8-4 L
Bye
Lets try 8-4 instead...
if we can nail the first 3 i reckon we'll be close!

We cant afford to just write this year off as a learning year for the new coach sans our best player. We have wasted too many years. I'm very confident Pyke will have us pushing deep in the finals. He is a born winner and innovator and we have a young, exciting and talented list.

just hope we get the pecking order right... can't be gifting games to blokes who only get it done against the bottom dwellers...

just hope we get the pecking order right... can't be gifting games to blokes who only get it done against the bottom dwellers...

Yes! We should be/have identifying those players who perform in finals ... and those who cant should be banished completely forever.

Round 1 is so so so important.. I think if we lose round 1 we are looking down the barrel of a horrid start to the season.. hell we could even be 0-8!
Don't agree JP. It is just one game - and it is an away game against a team that will be fighting to not have another poor start in Round 1.

Losing that game will not flow into the next 7. We could be 0-8, we could be 8-0, of course the reality will most probably be somewhere between those two.

Don't agree JP. It is just one game - and it is an away game against a team that will be fighting to not have another poor start in Round 1.

Losing that game will not flow into the next 7. We could be 0-8, we could be 8-0, of course the reality will most probably be somewhere between those two.
Winning the first game will give us confidence. that confidence will flow on to other games. what it comes down to is winning our home games.. I think if we are 4-4 after that tough start we will be ok.

Winning the first game will give us confidence. that confidence will flow on to other games. what it comes down to is winning our home games.. I think if we are 4-4 after that tough start we will be ok.
OK - so losing our first away game to a Prelim finalist from 2015 won't be the end of the world :)

I know it is a massive cliche, but I want to see the way we play and attack games and let the wins take care of themselves.

I really believe we will improve in 2016, and even though we are constantly being put in the 12th to 18th category by "experts" - I think we will be better and continue our growth into a powerful AFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK - so losing our first away game to a Prelim finalist from 2015 won't be the end of the world :)

I know it is a massive cliche, but I want to see the way we play and attack games and let the wins take care of themselves.

I really believe we will improve in 2016, and even though we are constantly being put in the 12th to 18th category by "experts" - I think we will be better and continue our growth into a powerful AFL club.
North are lucky they fell on the easier side of the finals draw in 2015. call me biased but I put our squad side by side to North and I think ours is better.

North are lucky they fell on the easier side of the finals draw in 2015. call me biased but I put our squad side by side to North and I think ours is better.

Agreed.

Playing the choking 9thmond in W1 followed by a decimated Sydney in W2 helped them get to the prelim.

Personally don't think we will have a great year next year. Tend to think our guys have a bit to learn this offseason.

Am hoping though that Pyke's system is about long term success, not just about making Finals next year.

There is a big hole in our midfield and we are so dependent on an injury prone BC and an aging Thommo. Sloane will command a lot more pressure and a better opposition mid (arguably their best) now that Danger is gone.

Club needs to make sure it beats the teams that it "should" beat and maybe jag a couple of unexpected wins along the way. Our fixture is brutal and I can see us realistically losing the first 5 tbh.

Here is my shot at the schedule (fixture) game: (I use @ for away games--I know the Victorian clubs share Etihad and MCG stadiums)

@North Melb W
Port L
@Richmond L
Sydney W
@Hawthorn L
Freemantle W
@ Western Bulldogs L
Geelong W
@Gold Coast W
GWS Giants W
St. Kilda W
@ West Coast Eagles L
North Melbourne L
@Melbourne W
@Carlton W
Collingwood W
@Geelong L
Essendon W
Brisbane W
@Freemantle L
@Port W
West Coast Eagles W

14-8 and Finals berth

Last edited:
Personally don't think we will have a great year next year. Tend to think our guys have a bit to learn this offseason.

Am hoping though that Pyke's system is about long term success, not just about making Finals next year.
As much as I don't want to agree with this, I have a similar feeling.

Hope we both wrong.

Here is my shot at the schedule (fixture) game: (I use @ for away games--I know the Victorian clubs share Etihad and MCG stadiums)

@North Melb W
Port L
@Richmond L
Sydney W
@Hawthorn L
Freemantle W
@ Western Bulldogs L
Geelong W
@Gold Coast W
GWS Giants W
St. Kilda W
@ West Coast Eagles L
North Melbourne L
@Melbourne W
@Carlton W
Collingwood W
@Geelong L
Essendon W
Brisbane W
@Freemantle L
@Port W
West Coast Eagles W

14-8 and Finals berth

Port Loss?

Look like they will now be missing Ryder and Dive4frees for 12 months

Port Loss?

Look like they will now be missing Ryder and Dive4frees for 12 months

Seems to me we usually split with that other club ;)...and at least I think the last couple years we win the "away" game. I figured trend might continue.

I get tagged for being an ultra optimist sometimes and I was trying to be as realistic as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back