2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So away trips this year?

I'm keen to get to the GC away game. (never been to the GC!)
I'll also be trying to get to Melbourne for either Carlton or Demons Away at the G. Have mates who live in Melbourne that follow these teams, plus a regular season game at the G is pretty rare these days.

So away trips this year?

I'll also be trying to get to Melbourne for either Carlton or Demons Away at the G. Have mates who live in Melbourne that follow these teams, plus a regular season game at the G is pretty rare these days.

You'll like the GC ground. 2nd best place to watch footy in Oz.

So away trips this year?

We are thinking about spending the week in Melbourne/surrounds and going to both the Carlton and Melb games

Tough start to the season for us. We have a new untried coach. The Pear couldn't handle a tough early draw last year, how will we be better?
What's a tough draw ? .....who knows who the good sides are ATS .....which teams may have injuries ?

I don't subscribe to the term tough draw at all .....you play who you play & they may be ordinary ......everyone was fearful of playing a potential Grand finalist in Port last season ...howd that turn out ?

What's a tough draw ? .....who knows who the good sides are ATS .....which teams may have injuries ?

I don't subscribe to the term tough draw at all .....you play who you play & they may be ordinary ......everyone was fearful of playing a potential Grand finalist in Port last season ...howd that turn out ?

I agree

It's a tough draw based on using last year as the baseline however the unknown is the swings and roundabouts from season to season

I just can't wait for footy so I'm happy to play anyone and anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough or easy draws can only be determined with hindsight.

This time last year, if you had Bulldogs and Giants twice you would have thought you had an easy draw, but they both improved a hell of a lot.

Likewise if you had Port and Gold Coast twice you'd be pretty worried. But they both performed well below expectations.

I don't take much stock into who we play, more so when we play the gap between games travel, Then I look at who we and where and when we play them,
First 12 games, We play top teams at Home and outside of Melbourne we travel to Metricon and Domain. If we are 6/6 after 12 we are sitting good. Port ,Sydney Freo, and Geelong are winnable at Home. Hawks early can be winnable,
More importantly we need to win the games against the bottom teams.
Our last 10 games are good, 4 away games 2 at the MCG against teams we should beat, 1 at Simonds tough, 1 at Domain very tough, but we have good breaks between those 2 tough games.
No I will not blame or look at the draw as and excuse

I agree

It's a tough draw based on using last year as the baseline however the unknown is the swings and roundabouts from season to season

I just can't wait for footy so I'm happy to play anyone and anywhere
How many changes are there in the top 8 from year to year? 2-3 max I would think. So if you are programmed to play 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the top 4 twice I would say that's a tough draw. Especially if your scheduled to play teams away like Geelong. How many of the top Vic teams play Geelong in Geelong.

Don't fall in the trap of agreeing with Wayne, it doesn't end well.

So away trips this year?

Stay away from cavill ave unless you like the smell of vomit and groups of young men looking for a fight

How many changes are there in the top 8 from year to year? 2-3 max I would think. So if you are programmed to play 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the top 4 twice I would say that's a tough draw. Especially if your scheduled to play teams away like Geelong. How many of the top Vic teams play Geelong in Geelong.

Don't fall in the trap of agreeing with Wayne, it doesn't end well.
The whole Cattery con is classic AFL - provided your a Melb club that pulls a crowd, you never have to play there.

Just another in a long line of AFL "compromises" for the big Melb clubs who actually run the comp

R1 vs North - Win
R2 v Port - Loss
R3 v Richmond Loss
R4 v Sydney Win
R5 v Hawthorn Loss
R6 v Freemantle Win
R7 v Western Bulldogs loss
R8 v Geelong Win
R9 v Gold Coast Win
R10 v GWS Giants Win
R11 v St. Kilda Win
R12 v West Coast Eagles Loss
R13 v North Melbourne Loss
R14 v Melbourne Win
R15 v Carlton Win
R16 v Collingwood Win
R17 v Geelong Loss
R18 v Essendon Win
R19 v Brisbane Win
R20 v Fremantle Loss
R21 v Port Win
R22 v West Coast Eagles Win

R1 vs North - Win
R2 v Port - Loss
R3 v Richmond Loss
R4 v Sydney Win
R5 v Hawthorn Loss
R6 v Freemantle Win
R7 v Western Bulldogs loss
R8 v Geelong Win
R9 v Gold Coast Win
R10 v GWS Giants Win
R11 v St. Kilda Win
R12 v West Coast Eagles Loss
R13 v North Melbourne Loss
R14 v Melbourne Win
R15 v Carlton Win
R16 v Collingwood Win
R17 v Geelong Loss
R18 v Essendon Win
R19 v Brisbane Win
R20 v Fremantle Loss
R21 v Port Win
R22 v West Coast Eagles Win

Can't see
R1 vs North - Win - history agrees but no certainty 50/50 but will take the win.
R2 v Port - Loss - They have done nothing to show 2014 wasn't an anomaly that everyone has worked out - Win
R3 v Richmond Loss - I'd be disappointed big time to drop this one, Tigers are the big pretenders - Win
R4 v Sydney Win - Can't see it, they are too strong - Loss
R5 v Hawthorn Loss - Tick, agree
R6 v Freemantle Win - 50/50 at best, they are old but well coached and hard to score against, thinking loss
R7 v Western Bulldogs loss - Tick, agree
R8 v Geelong Win - Tick, agree (just to stick it to PD but can't see cats climbing a small hill let alone the AFL ladder)
R9 v Gold Coast Win - Tick, agree
R10 v GWS Giants Win - Tick, agree
R11 v St. Kilda Win - Tick, agree
R12 v West Coast Eagles Loss - Tick, agree
R13 v North Melbourne Loss - how do we win away and have a loss at home? - win
R14 v Melbourne Win - Tick, agree
R15 v Carlton Win - Tick, agree (I should bloody hope so!)
R16 v Collingwood Win - Tick, agree
R17 v Geelong Loss - nope we don't lose to them for the next 5 years! even at Kardashian stadium
R18 v Essendon Win - Tick, agree (I should bloody hope so!)
R19 v Brisbane Win - Tick, agree
R20 v Fremantle Loss - Tick, agree
R21 v Port Win - Tick, agree
R22 v West Coast Eagles Win - Would love to see it but can't, we jumped them last year at this stage doubt we will do it again.

15 wins, I would be happy with that. But dropping the 2 x 50/50's and dropping 1 of the port games give 12-15 wins.

Can't see
R1 vs North - Win - history agrees but no certainty 50/50 but will take the win.
R2 v Port - Loss - They have done nothing to show 2014 wasn't an anomaly that everyone has worked out - Win
R3 v Richmond Loss - I'd be disappointed big time to drop this one, Tigers are the big pretenders - Win
R4 v Sydney Win - Can't see it, they are too strong - Loss
R5 v Hawthorn Loss - Tick, agree
R6 v Freemantle Win - 50/50 at best, they are old but well coached and hard to score against, thinking loss
R7 v Western Bulldogs loss - Tick, agree
R8 v Geelong Win - Tick, agree (just to stick it to PD but can't see cats climbing a small hill let alone the AFL ladder)
R9 v Gold Coast Win - Tick, agree
R10 v GWS Giants Win - Tick, agree
R11 v St. Kilda Win - Tick, agree
R12 v West Coast Eagles Loss - Tick, agree
R13 v North Melbourne Loss - how do we win away and have a loss at home? - win
R14 v Melbourne Win - Tick, agree
R15 v Carlton Win - Tick, agree (I should bloody hope so!)
R16 v Collingwood Win - Tick, agree
R17 v Geelong Loss - nope we don't lose to them for the next 5 years! even at Kardashian stadium
R18 v Essendon Win - Tick, agree (I should bloody hope so!)
R19 v Brisbane Win - Tick, agree
R20 v Fremantle Loss - Tick, agree
R21 v Port Win - Tick, agree
R22 v West Coast Eagles Win - Would love to see it but can't, we jumped them last year at this stage doubt we will do it again.

15 wins, I would be happy with that. But dropping the 2 x 50/50's and dropping 1 of the port games give 12-15 wins.

Have you seen Sydney's defence? it's very average. Plus if they have injuries before our game , then they have virtually nobody to come in.

I made a mistake with our second north game , change that to a win.

Richmond , we don't do overly well against them over in Melbourne

It's lunch time, and I'm bored. So I thought I'd have a go at predicting the round 23 fixture based on the current ladder positions as well as knowing the AFL's way of thinking (see Friday night). All times are based on Adelaide time.

Friday 26th Aug
Hawthorn vs Collingwood – 7.20pm MCG

Saturday 27th Aug

Adelaide vs West Coast – 1.10pm AO
North Melbourne vs GWS – 1.40pm ES
Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs – 4.05pm DS
Sydney vs Richmond – 6.55 SCG
Geelong vs Melbourne – 6.55 SS

Sunday 28th Aug
Essendon vs Carlton – 12.40 MCG
GCS vs Port Adelaide - 2.50pm MS
St.Kilda vs Brisbane – 4.10 ES

Think it'll be pretty close to that?

It's lunch time, and I'm bored. So I thought I'd have a go at predicting the round 23 fixture based on the current ladder positions as well as knowing the AFL's way of thinking (see Friday night). All times are based on Adelaide time.

Friday 26th Aug
Hawthorn vs Collingwood – 7.20pm MCG

Saturday 27th Aug

Adelaide vs West Coast – 1.10pm AO
North Melbourne vs GWS – 1.40pm ES
Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs – 4.05pm DS
Sydney vs Richmond – 6.55 SCG
Geelong vs Melbourne – 6.55 SS

Sunday 28th Aug
Essendon vs Carlton – 12.40 MCG
GCS vs Port Adelaide - 2.50pm MS
St.Kilda vs Brisbane – 4.10 ES

Think it'll be pretty close to that?

There will be a thursday and monday game, North will be thursday, we will be monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back