2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity as it will make very little difference when Sydney knock Geelong over next week.
They very well may, got to get past Adelaide first though.

I expect that will happen and Hawks will beat the dogs I think, that sets up a couple of intriguing Prelims with chances of an all Sydney grand final or a Cats v Hawks GF rematch.

Yer exactly. The Dogs and Hawthorn are easily capable of beating them.

Early on in the year I would've favored the Dogs to beat both Hawks and GWS. I still think they can beat both teams, and I expect them to make it through to the grand final this year. But I don't see them winning it.

I find it hard to believe Hawks Dogs will get more than the 87500 at the Hawks Cats game.

Well, we had 84k vs Pies in 2006 elimination final. It would mean its our largest final in the AFL era.

We do have a habit of vs Interstate teams more.

Last edited:
I am willing to lay money on Hodge or Lewis picking on Caleb Daniel.

Once Libba and Roughhead arrive though they will back off like the bullies they are.

Daniel looks like he is made of sterner stuff though so think he will thrive on them trying to bully him.

I find it hard to believe Hawks Dogs will get more than the 87500 at the Hawks Cats game.
Not sure it would bring enough neutral supporters in the MCC and AFL members to fill out their areas to the same extent a Hawthorn Geelong game does

Once Libba and Roughhead arrive though they will back off like the bullies they are.

Daniel looks like he is made of sterner stuff though so think he will thrive on them trying to bully him.
Get your hand off it, if Daniel is tagging Mitchell then you better believe our guys will what's within the rules to put him off his game so that Sammy can get an honest crack at the pill. Absolute joke you would call this bullying tactics, if one team chooses to employ negative strategies in which to gain an advantage in a game then the should be prepared to receive what comes their way. It's a game of football, stop trying to make it out to be something personal.

Get your hand off it, if Daniel is tagging Mitchell then you better believe our guys will what's within the rules to put him off his game so that Sammy can get an honest crack at the pill. Absolute joke you would call this bullying tactics, if one team chooses to employ negative strategies in which to gain an advantage in a game then the should be prepared to receive what comes their way. It's a game of football, stop trying to make it out to be something personal.

Daniel isn't a tagger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can try. The human wrecking ball that is Clay Smith I'm sure will be up for the fight as well.

Hawthorn stand no chance against the Giants over there. :(

Lobb, Patton, Cameron and Mumford would tear us a new one. Then there's the Giants midfield to contend with which Hawthorn aren't capable of keeping up.

Hawthorn's only hope of beating the Giants in this years final series would've been at the MCG but that won't happen anymore obviously.

The Bulldogs are a much much greater chance of knocking of GWS over there. The only querry is can the Bulldogs undersized defense stand up against the Giants key forwards. I reckon your more then capable of matching their midfield.

Anything can happen in finals. We might not even be there yet. Chin up :) and FWIW we can beat anyone on our day.

What the hell are you on buddy? Try something else for god's sake - it's doing your head in. What negative tactics are you on about? When have the Bulldogs employed negative tactics against the Hawks (unlike the unsociable Hawks and their bully-boy targeting of players. The precious Sam Mitchell kneeing of opponents for a start.)

Daniel went toe-to-toe with Mitchell earlier this year but it certainly wasn't tagging. I apologise on behalf of my club and the game of football if you believe your players are meant to be left unchecked.

The Bulldogs don't tag. What the Hawks do, however, is punch opposition players in the stomach 100 meters off the ball, deliberately snipe opposition stars (the younger the better), fall into players on the mark to hold them up, crash into players after they've disposed of it, knee opponents in vulnerable areas, and so on.

Of course, none of that constitutes "negative tactics" quite like keeping an opponent accountable does.

Daniel went toe-to-toe with Mitchell earlier this year but it certainly wasn't tagging. I apologise on behalf of my club and the game of football if you believe your players are meant to be left unchecked.

The Bulldogs don't tag. What the Hawks do, however, is punch opposition players in the stomach 100 meters off the ball, deliberately snipe opposition stars (the younger the better), fall into players on the mark to hold them up, crash into players after they've disposed of it, knee opponents in vulnerable areas, and so on.

Of course, none of that constitutes "negative tactics" quite like keeping an opponent accountable does.
Hawthorn players and fans alike bleating that poor Sam Mitchell needs protection from the Bulldogs bullies! Unbelievable....

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back