2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He's got a theme going

Hawthorn to revamp the midfield and send Sam Mitchell to tag Dangerfield after seeing how well Tom Mitchell tagged Sam when the Hawks played the Swans. Geelong also send Selwood onto Mitchell to tag the tagger tagging the taggie but it gets mixed up and Joel becomes the tagger instead of Scott. Before BT can say "Boy oh boy! Wow wee!" Selwood is following Mitchell who is following Dangerfield. The players get confused and think that Danger has started a conga-line. The game is called off because Gill decides the conga-line would bring in more cash. Game is called a draw so Geelong and Hawthorn get knocked out of the finals and every other game is cancelled so Essendon and Brisbane can play in the Grand Final.
Prediction: Geelong draw Hawthorn by -14 points.

I fear that this match is a bit of a dead rubber.

Neither team will be able to win a prelim in Sydney.
Dogs are 2-0 in Sydney under Bev. But yeah, there's only tough games from here on in.

i think the 2 byes on either side of a game might leave the prelim waiters a bit flat or rusty. might be possible to hit the score board hard straight up before they get the feel for it.

but that's for a later time to worry about. have to take care of your mob first. won't be easy, but confidence shouldn't be an issue with our boys at the moment.

It's an interesting one- both teams have lost to GWS in Sydney this year and both have beaten the Swans there this year... You never know

It's an interesting one- both teams have lost to GWS in Sydney this year and both have beaten the Swans there this year... You never know

I'm more confident in facing Sydney in a prelim if we get passed the Dogs rather than GWS. I also have this sneak suspicion that GWS will roll Sydney today...

Will be an interesting game and I have no idea who wins. Conventional logic says the Hawks will regroup and as hardened finals campaigners should see the Doggies off comfortably. But the Doggies best footy is fast, skilful, fearless and tough. They wont buy into the Hawks are 'too good' stuff. So a good contest to come.

forget #freekickhawthorn. the umps have been jizzing over the doggies all year. even the subiaco crowd couldn't sway them. so the hawks will need to do it against 22. still should, dogs were very good last week, but it was the worst the eagles have been all year. when was the last time the hawks lost two in a row, let alone two finals in a row?

90% of neutral fans behind the Dogs I reckon. Going to be an absolutely amazing atmosphere for some of these kids to experience.
nah. love how the hawks go about it and have done their since the 1970s and be good to finally end the goat debate. the doggies have a few years ahead to make their mark. they can become the good guys if they can stop the gws/sydney duopoly ahead of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks up by eleventy at half-time. Brian Lake forgets he is not playing and runs onto the G despite realising the Auskickers are on the ground. Tries to take on all the little kids but gets pinged. The players from both teams run on and play a match against the kids. The little Auskickers destroy the AFL players by fifty goals and both clubs are replaced by the Auskickers. Everyone celebrates because no one has to see those disgusting pricks Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell ever again.
Prediction: Brian Lake for president

You either started really early or were still going from last night.......

we hadnt won in Perth since 2010 that sure didnt stop us i guess its time to change that Hawks stat like we changed the Perth Stat :)
You're in with a damn good chance!! Probably the only team with run and carry that can stop GWS so good luck!

You're in with a damn good chance!! Probably the only team with run and carry that can stop GWS so good luck!
hopefully but GWS look so strong for both our sides going to take abit to knock them off at home
cant wait til this friday going to be a ripper of a game

I was looking forward to Sydney v Hawks before the GF so at least one wouldn't make it, but still a possibility. Ah well.

I'd be interested to see the crowd balance for this one. Hope whichever team wins it goes down to the wire.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back