2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

North embarrass themselves so here we have bill trying to make amends for all the talking up of north he can no longer do.

Wait for stringer to select himself ala drew petrie
Drew shouldn't have played last night. Can't carry out of form forwards. Not sure what the Roos have to do with this thread? Nice deflection.

Beveridge brave v Ess and Freo. Let's see if that bravery extends to the Hawks in a KO final.

This is going to be a belter. The narratives are great. Its the ultimate in good vs evil ....

Dogs have had a hard history and terrible luck this year. Hawks are the greatest side of the modern era and have had a lot of luck this year.
Everyone has a soft spot for the Dogs. Everyone hates the Hawks.
The dogs have a young, likable team that takes the game on at a frenetic pace. The hawks play a more methodical and patient game.

Ding dong battle, can't wait.

That GWS supporter out there should be supporting Hawthorn, I dont think we can trouble them but the Bulldogs could....

Can't wait to see which Hawks Libba gets into.

Reckon him and Hodge will have a dustup at some point.
Would have my money on Libba - the bloke is mad as a wheel. Watch his first half against Geelong at the Cattery before his right leg fell off in the middle of a fly-kick.

Hodgey just loves his cheap shots and watching Bruce wee his pants every time he see's him.

This is going to be a belter. The narratives are great. Its the ultimate in good vs evil ....

Dogs have had a hard history and terrible luck this year. Hawks are the greatest side of the modern era and have had a lot of luck this year.
The dogs have a young, likable team that takes the game on at a frenetic pace. The hawks play a more methodical and patient game.

That GWS supporter out there should be supporting Hawthorn, I dont think we can trouble them but the Bulldogs could....

Not everyone has a soft spot for the Dogs. Some of us have long memories ..

Drew shouldn't have played last night. Can't carry out of form forwards. Not sure what the Roos have to do with this thread? Nice deflection.

Beveridge brave v Ess and Freo. Let's see if that bravery extends to the Hawks in a KO final.

Biggest flog on this forum, by far.

If we bring the heat around the contest, and use the ball well into our forward 50, we can beat the Hawks. But it will take everything we've got.

I don't think travel from Perth will be a factor because of the bye and 8 day break. But it will be interesting to know how Libba, Macrae and Wood pulled up after their return, and whether Dickson is carrying a sore hammy. Jong is a loss for us; he lays a lot of tackles and extracts contested ball. Not a great user, but we will miss the other attributes, plus the ability to hit the scoreboard.

I think there is a danger that we have already played our GF and will come out flat. But I am hopeful that the coaching group will be mindful of this and will do their best to prepare the players.

Should be a great game. I have a lot of respect and envy for what the Hawks have achieved in recent history. It would be great to topple them on the big stage. No doubt our players will embrace that challenge!

Hawks will win. Interesting to see if Stringer holds his spot. He was woeful v the Eagles and having a liability v the Hawks can really hurt with their ball movement out of defence.

Beveridge makes the statement during H&A v 16th and 18th. Not sure he is brave enough in a final v Hawks.
Have to play a potential match winner like Stringer in a cut throat final for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His stats were nearly the same as in the game before he was dropped. They lauded Beveridge for setting a standard for his players. If he stays in it shows the standard only counts when playing bottom 4 sides.

Stringer plays or not, you can't question his ability to coach or make bold calls. He has already exceeding many expectations to date and the calls he has made so far has got us where we are today. Think he knows what to do to get the maximum out of the boys

Beveridge will be a huge factor in this game, as - Bolton aside - he's the senior coach with the most recent intel on Hawthorn, being an assistant there up until the end of 2014.

He hasn't coached against the Hawks at the 'G yet, either, with the 2015 and 2016 H&A meetings being in Tassie and at Etihad. It will be fascinating to see what he brings to the table.

I think there'll be more support for hawthorn than people realise. A lot of people are sick of the courage narrative and the 4Peat is a once in a lifetime event!

It still matters. Two finals wins would be a hell of a season.

Plus Hawks going out in straight sets would be a disaster, a prelim loss away not so much.

Oh, and GWS aren't unbeatable.
There is no disaster scenario for Hawthorn. We've just won 3 flags in 3 years. This year would just be the cream on the cream on the cream on the cake.

If the Dogs can set the tempo of the game early and maintain it, they'll win. Aside from the fact Hawthorn are a poor contested footy team, the polar opposite of Footscray, I suspect the Hawks are going to be flat for this one.

I reckon they know they needed to win on Friday night to keep the dream alive, and are going to find it hard to get up after such a hard fought encounter.

why would gws support the hawks?

I, along with everyone want the hawks to lose

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Semi Final - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back