List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright slipped because of his marking and competitiveness. I liked what I saw in English but an ability to put on weight is crucial.

Btw haven't seen any Wright/Boyd comparisons lately. Surprising.
I'd say it's a dealbreaker for skinny guys. The difference between guys like Ayce Cordy and Jarrad Grant to Macrae and Bontempelli.

I'd be stoked with that - Berry at 18 and Powel-Pepper at 26. Don't know Oscar Junker but sounds OK at 54 too.

I also like that their number one draft pick (McGrath) might one day aspire to be like JJ - our rookie selection :cool:
I'm not a huge fan of any of those picks. Don't rate Berry as a first round talent, and Powell-Pepper has question marks (although his All-Stars game was outstanding). Should be better options than Junker at 50.

Reckon Hayward would be very good at the dogs. Bit like a cross between Sicily and Stringer in some ways.
Would you have selected Simpkin if he wasn't taken one pick prior to ours?
He seems a classic Dal pick (subject to medical clearance obviously).

I'm not a huge fan of any of those picks. Don't rate Berry as a first round talent, and Powell-Pepper has question marks (although his All-Stars game was outstanding). Should be better options than Junker at 50.

I'm a massive Powell-Pepper fan, love his don't argues, reminds me of Dustin Martin. Not sure his kicks are as penetrating though but am sure he will improve his kicking at the kennel like Dunkley did.

I'm a massive Powell-Pepper fan, love his don't argues, reminds me of Dustin Martin. Not sure his kicks are as penetrating though but am sure he will improve his kicking at the kennel like Dunkley did.
I like Powell-Pepper, but I've always thought he won't be a midfielder in the future. does his best work inside forward 50, and doesn't have the production of someone who would translate well as a full-time midfielder. For someone who's been played in the middle predominantly, this year, his possession and tackling numbers just haven't been quite there. I like him as a pick, just think there's a limit to his potential.

I like Powell-Pepper, but I've always thought he won't be a midfielder in the future. does his best work inside forward 50, and doesn't have the production of someone who would translate well as a full-time midfielder. For someone who's been played in the middle predominantly, this year, his possession and tackling numbers just haven't been quite there. I like him as a pick, just think there's a limit to his potential.
So essentially a Clay Smith type?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bont wasn't top 10 (even 20 for memory) until the "experts" got wind in the last 2 weeks prior to the draft.
It was interesting reading articles about him this year.
One AFL recruiter swears he would take him at pick 1, another ranked him at pick 16.
Collingwood thought they would be reaching at pick 6.

Macreadie for me. Some height down back for the future is a need. I'm not sold on Collins yet (happy waiting a year or 2 with him). GWS will match but make life a misery for them and go with 26 at a minimum unless we have sights on a FA next year.

It was interesting reading articles about him this year.
One AFL recruiter swears he would take him at pick 1, another ranked him at pick 16.
Collingwood thought they would be reaching at pick 6.
I got told the other day that Richmond rated him a rookie prospect. Which I find hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back