List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove Scharenberg?
Terrible beep test, mocks now have him going late second round at best

I wouldn't call it terrible. 12.5 he ran in the beep test which was actually better then Macrae's beep for instance. Hard work/gut running ability can make up for poor endurance which I think Scharenberg has a bit of. But in saying that, I think Scharenberg will slide still. He's probably going to have to play as that big contested beast, as he doesn't really have a great outside game. He doesn't kick many goals, not a great kick (went under 50% KE at nationals) and he's not overly quick or possess a great sidestep. He does have very good hands, vision and awareness so he could play that inside role, however his contested ball numbers averaged under 40% in the SANFL and national comps. Not a good sign for someone that's been in an an elite program playing as a full time midfielder. I fear he lacks a bit of physicality to play as that big contested ball winner.

For the draft experts which rules me out - if we take Marshall at 18 would we still consider Battle at 25? I guess we do tend to go for the best available in the first two rounds regardless and they aren't too similar, but wondering if this time we'd prefer to go tall then short, or look at other parts of the ground.

I think we would consider him still, we have very little in the way of forward depth anyway. They could play in the same team. Marshall as the 2nd forward closer to goal, Battle the 3rd tall that pushes high up the ground with his superior endurance.

Last edited:
For the draft experts which rules me out - if we take Marshall at 18 would we still consider Battle at 25? I guess we do tend to go for the best available in the first two rounds regardless and they aren't too similar, but wondering if this time we'd prefer to go tall then short, or look at other parts of the ground.
i think this we should look at this, in the rd 1 side thread i did my AFL and VFL sides, when you look at them side by side picking marshall and battle starts to make sense.

The VFL side was strong down back and through the middle but lacked up forward, also with cloke around the side we have a great opportunity to take our time with the development of marshall battle or even English for that fact. we control the development now with our VFL side and with the extra money coming in we can now beef up our development areas.

by the start of 2019 (when cloke could retire) we could have both battle and marshall playing around 40-50 VFL games, having done their 3rd preseason.

our forward line could look, this is also with out stringer and Crameri

FF Boyd
CHF Marshall
3rd tall Battle

all this with our key backs
FB Collins
CHB Adams*
3rd tall Cordy

* Adams could still leave due to homesickness and we might even draft another key back at 50.

I'm starting to jump on the Marshall/Battle 2016 ticket with Dal always a chance of pulling out another Williams at 50 or even a Dahlhaus or JJ later, especially in a deep draft like this.

The great thing about hearing a boom or bust prospect like Marshall called out for us on the day is you know Dal picked them, so you'd be more confident of them being a boom.

I'm starting to jump on the Marshall/Battle 2016 ticket with Dal always a chance of pulling out another Williams at 50 or even a Dahlhaus or JJ later, especially in a deep draft like this.

The great thing about hearing a boom or bust prospect like Marshall called out for us on the day is you know Dal picked them, so you'd be more confident of them being a boom.

I'm not even a keen Battle fan and I think that'd be awesome, or Venables/Battle.

Haven't seen Ryan to comment on him yet.

#NoRoom4Wright

d521743f63bcbcba06403ec0541ed24b.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have not been online much lately. What GWS picks have been stripped and why?

Nah their was rumour that GWS first and second (not pick 2) but 15 and 37 would be taken from them because of the Whitfield saga.

Mistake on my part although I think some news sites did report that then changed those details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The five KPD theory (No i am not suggesting we pick up five)

Pick 18- Griffin Logue (unlikely)
Pick 26- Brennan Cox (chance)
Pick 50- Tyler Keitel (likely)
Pick 75- Mitchell McCarthy or Lewis Young (massive upside)

It is important we pick up one with the uncertainty on Adams
and the likely retirement of Morris and it also allows to still
focus on sliders and other players who may be around our
pick range.

I'm still really hoping we pass on Marshall, or at least are attempting to get Port to bite earlier. Too many worries, too many better players.

Odd thing after watching Tim English video interview. He talked about his growth and that he played mainly small throughout his juniors
Any chance of developing into a ruck/mid role (though i doubt he will make it to our pick)

Odd thing after watching Tim English video interview. He talked about his growth and that he played mainly small throughout his juniors
Any chance of developing into a ruck/mid role (though i doubt he will make it to our pick)

Love his potential but not sure he will develop into a ruck. Needs muscle which will slow him down. Reminds me of Ayce.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back