List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL nominations
Mading Atem (Multicultural),
 James El Moussalli (Multicultural), Kenny Ong (Multicultural),
 Jai Rout (Indigenous),
 Darren Allen (Indigenous),
 Jamaine Jones (Indigenous),
 Thomas Jok (Multicultural),
Goy Lok (Multicultural),
 Cedric Cox (Indigenous),
 Francis Watson (Indigenous)

These guys any team can take if they fall through the drafts.

AFL nominations
 Jai Rout (Indigenous),
Goy Lok (Multicultural),
 Cedric Cox (Indigenous),

There's a few there more than worthy of a look if they fall through.

Looking at Brisbane's delistings today, I wouldn't mind if we gave Hugh Beasley a punt as a rookie this year. Lots of Brisbane BF posters rated him pretty highly, would've had more of an impact at senior level if not for injuries this year. As a KPD, plays a lot taller than he is, like Moz. Good defensively and can intercept too, with a 2.89 20m sprint showing his athleticism.

I know a Lions' delistee doesn't sound like too tasty a proposition, but he's got some worth and could be a nice replacement for Moz in the coming years. Hamling has his upsides (assuming he's now rated above Roberts) however with Dad coming through Beasley seems like someone with a tad more x-factor to form a nice KPD lineup w/ Adams. Again, it's all speculation, but I reckon he could make it at AFL level - he's got some quality attributes.

Looking at Brisbane's delistings today, I wouldn't mind if we gave Hugh Beasley a punt as a rookie this year. Lots of Brisbane BF posters rated him pretty highly, would've had more of an impact at senior level if not for injuries this year. As a KPD, plays a lot taller than he is, like Moz. Good defensively and can intercept too, with a 2.89 20m sprint showing his athleticism.

I know a Lions' delistee doesn't sound like too tasty a proposition, but he's got some worth and could be a nice replacement for Moz in the coming years. Hamling has his upsides (assuming he's now rated above Roberts) however with Dad coming through Beasley seems like someone with a tad more x-factor to form a nice KPD lineup w/ Adams. Again, it's all speculation, but I reckon he could make it at AFL level - he's got some quality attributes.
Would be nice having another Beasley at the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised there's very little talk of Josh Battle especially after his performance on the weekend. He was awesome against some pretty good opposition, was kicking goals from everywhere. His high level endurance is a big plus, since we like to push back hard to defend and then run hard forward. That's why I think Crameri has been such a big loss for us and why I'm a fan of recruiting Travis Cloke. His field kicking and goal kicking is also good. Strong contested mark and very competitive. Can't think of a reason not to recruit him. He's my number 1 choice at this stage.

Surprised there's very little talk of Josh Battle especially after his performance on the weekend. He was awesome against some pretty good opposition, was kicking goals from everywhere. His high level endurance is a big plus, since we like to push back hard to defend and then run hard forward. That's why I think Crameri has been such a big loss for us and why I'm a fan of recruiting Travis Cloke. His field kicking and goal kicking is also good. Strong contested mark and very competitive. Can't think of a reason not to recruit him. He's my number 1 choice at this stage.
He's 10th on my list, but that's including those we've got no chance at (not including academy players though).

Yeah could well be gone by our pick. If Battle's gone, I think Simpkin is the next best option. What's your thoughts on Simpkin?
Fairly pacy with sharp skills and can kick goals - he's the kind of player we need. Currently at 14 for me. I'd actually be surprised if Battle was gone by our pick btw, unless he keeps putting in performances like the other day.

Fairly pacy with sharp skills and can kick goals - he's the kind of player we need. Currently at 14 for me. I'd actually be surprised if Battle was gone by our pick btw, unless he keeps putting in performances like the other day.

So who is your number 1 choice then? Interested to see your full list

AFL nominations
 Jai Rout (Indigenous),
Goy Lok (Multicultural),
 Cedric Cox (Indigenous),

I got to see Tom Jok play during the pre-season and Lok during the year.
Some reckon that Jok is a 20-50 pick and Lok is a rookie spot.

So who is your number 1 choice then? Interested to see your full list
1 Hugh McCluggage
2 Andrew McGrath
3 Todd Marshall
4 Sam Petrevski-Seton
5 Ben Ainsworth
6 Will Brodie
7 Tim Taranto
8 Daniel Venables
9 Tim English
10 Josh Battle
11 Jack Scrimshaw
12 Patrick Kerr
13 Josh Rotham
14 Jy Simpkin
15 Jordan Gallucci
16 Zac Fisher
17 Alex Villis
18 Jarrod Berry
19 Griffin Logue
20 Willem Drew

But it's just going by what I've read about them, it's pretty uninformed really. I've seen little actual footage.

1 Hugh McCluggage
2 Andrew McGrath
3 Todd Marshall
4 Sam Petrevski-Seton
5 Ben Ainsworth
6 Will Brodie
7 Tim Taranto
8 Daniel Venables
9 Tim English
10 Josh Battle
11 Jack Scrimshaw
12 Patrick Kerr
13 Josh Rotham
14 Jy Simpkin
15 Jordan Gallucci
16 Zac Fisher
17 Alex Villis
18 Jarrod Berry
19 Griffin Logue
20 Willem Drew

But it's just going by what I've read about them, it's pretty uninformed really. I've seen little actual footage.

Ah ok I get it. I thought you had a list similar to how Wizard did it, like without McCluggage, McGrath etc. I haven't seen that much this year either, just the replay's of the champs and a few TAC games. I did see a lot last year of course.

This is mine

1 Hugh McCluggage
2 Andrew McGrath
3 Sam Petrevski-Seton
4 Ben Ainsworth
5 Todd Marshall
6 Josh Battle
7 Jy Simpkin
8 Tim Taranto
9 Will Brodie
10 Daniel Venables
11 Jack Scrimshaw
12 Shai Bolton
13 Tim English
14 Jonty Scharenberg
15 Ben Ronke
16 Jordan Gallucci
17 Jarrod Berry
18 Oliver Florent
19 Griffen Logue
20 Zac Fisher

This guy apparently has very good info. If Richmond get Brodie at 6 they're laughing. Going to be interesting to see what happens with pick 6 and Prestia.

JDeWLQT.png

This guy apparently has very good info. If Richmond get Brodie at 6 they're laughing. Going to be interesting to see what happens with pick 6 and Prestia.

JDeWLQT.png
They'll need to trade out someone like Riewoldt or Deledio to get a pick for Prestia if they want to keep 6. I'd be very surprised if Brodie's telling recruiters that though, especially with the uncertainty around Richmond's first.

JDeWLQT.png
This guy also said Schache was desperately unhappy at Brisbane a few days ago, FWIW. :rainbow:

This guy also said Schache was desperately unhappy at Brisbane a few days ago, FWIW. :rainbow:
Yep - the one top draft pick in the last decade who desperately wanted to go to the Lions.
BF rumours need to be taken with a giant grain of salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back