List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - the one top draft pick in the last decade who desperately wanted to go to the Lions.
BF rumours need to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
Does seem unlikely but I was more suggesting that if the guy does have good info as suggested, he could be a nice target for us, haha.

Does seem unlikely but I was more suggesting that if the guy does have good info as suggested, he could be a nice target for us, haha.
Yes. In a heartbeat.

As an aside - any draft watchers, who do you think we'd target if we traded down as we did last year, ended up with two picks in the early 20s?

Yes. In a heartbeat.

As an aside - any draft watchers, who do you think we'd target if we traded down as we did last year, ended up with two picks in the early 20s?
Battle or Kerr as forwards.
Logue as a defender.
Drew, Fisher, Villis, Berry a few possible mids. Plenty of 2nd round mids though.

Battle or Kerr as forwards.
Logue as a defender.
Drew, Fisher, Villis, Berry a few possible mids. Plenty of 2nd round mids though.
TBH I don't rate Logue as much as I did Adams, would much rather a skilful mid/forward like Fisher and then go for a versatile medium defender later on. Berry has been disappointing as a defender this year, and not enough potential to be played forward, so I'm not sure where he'd fit into our system. I really like Drew, Fisher, Taranto, Gallucci or Simpkin as second round midfielders for us.

TBH I don't rate Logue as much as I did Adams, would much rather a skilful mid/forward like Fisher and then go for a versatile medium defender later on. Berry has been disappointing as a defender this year, and not enough potential to be played forward, so I'm not sure where he'd fit into our system. I really like Drew, Fisher, Taranto, Gallucci or Simpkin as second round midfielders for us.
No way Taranto is available in the second round by the sounds of it.

Yeah I'm mostly with you there on Logue, just wanted to include a defender. Taranto will surely be gone, won't he? Him in the second would be a jackpot. Didn't include Simpkin for the same reason, Gallucci too but starting to think he'll be there. Berry from the sounds of it has been putting in some good performances as a mid of late.

No way Taranto drops to the second round.

Would be interested in Taylin Duman at our pick around 30.

Edit: Jordan Ridley too. Might start to do a TAC Club breakdown of who we might be interested in club by club.

So what club would you guys like me to start with?

Last edited:
No way Taranto drops to the second round.

Would be interested in Taylin Duman at our pick around 30.

Edit: Jordan Ridley too. Might start to do a TAC Club breakdown of who we might be interested in club by club.

So what club would you guys like me to start with?
Yeah I'm mostly with you there on Logue, just wanted to include a defender. Taranto will surely be gone, won't he? Him in the second would be a jackpot. Didn't include Simpkin for the same reason, Gallucci too but starting to think he'll be there. Berry from the sounds of it has been putting in some good performances as a mid of late.
No way Taranto is available in the second round by the sounds of it.
Yeah forgot to get rid of Taranto from the list, agree he'll likely be taken round 1. Could slide, but it's unlikely. Forgot Ridley, he's the exact medium defender type I want, an early-30s pick could be used to get him I hope. Would've thought Duman is more of a mid-3rd round type.

Yeah forgot to get rid of Taranto from the list, agree he'll likely be taken round 1. Could slide, but it's unlikely. Forgot Ridley, he's the exact medium defender type I want, an early-30s pick could be used to get him I hope. Would've thought Duman is more of a mid-3rd round type.

Duman I wouldn't be surprised to see go in the 30's imo, smooth mover for a 193cm player. Could go later too but had a decent champs and his last month or so has been really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh.

Oakleigh Chargers

1 - Jack Roughsedge - 185cm, 84kg
- Good tough midfielder but is injury prone and did his knee this year, has leadership ability. Unlikely to get drafted due to that injury putting clubs off.
2 - Ed Phillips - 186cm, 76kg - Elite runner who plays through the midfield and can kick goals. Late bloomer.
5 - Callum Searle - 185cm, 79kg - Been injured in previous years meaning he has had limited oppotunity to show what he can do. Half back or wingman with very good footskill, speed and agility.
7 - Taylin Duman - 193cm, 75kg - Half Back, Strong overhead, run and carries, TAC Cup team of the year on the half back flank and had a good champs. Very outside at the moment but I can see some development coming there once he enters a AFL team.
9 - Jono Aujard - 184cm, 71kg - Quick and agile linebreaker, has great running ability. Think wingman or running defender at AFL level
11 - Patrick Kerr - 194cm, 93kg - Key Forward who excels at marking on the lead and can clunk a big mark, has good footskills but needs to get up the ground a little more at AFL level.
15 - Jordan Ridley - 192cm, 79kg - Utility that can play just about any position on the ground, has elite footskills and is strong overhead. See him becoming either a defender or being developed as a midfielder at AFL level
18 - Sam McLarty - 193cm, 93kg - Tall swingman who is very, very strong overhead. Has done some really good jobs as a key defender this year but also has shown signs as a key forward. Where he plays will depend on who drafts him.
21 - Lachlan Walker - 188cm, 84kg - Consistent overage midfielder who can hit the scoreboard. Unlucky not to get drafted last year.
24 - Dion Johnstone - 179cm, 73kg - Small forward with X-factor, good tackling skills and has kicked 15 goals in 9 TAC games this year. Possible Cat B rookie if he falls through the national and rookie drafts.
28 - Joshua Daicos - 178cm, 69kg - inconsistent half forward but full of X-factor and has good skills. Collingwood Father/Son.
33 - Nick Larkey - 197cm, 82kg - Utility who can play key defense, ruck and key forward. Has shown some really good signs as a forward/ruck in recent weeks and kicked 5 goals to go with 14 hitouts in the recent final.
42 - Louis Cunningham - 182cm, 76kg - half back, left footer with elite skills, sets up the play for Oakleigh from the half back line.

Last edited:
Western Jets

21 - Daniel Venables - 186cm - 81kg - Powerful forward/midfielder has good speed, strength and skills. Very talented but needs to increase his aerobic capacity.
23 - Judah Dundon - 186cm - 77kg - Dav1d's boy. Elite kick and can kick goals, mostly plays outside midfield or half forward. Has had problems with stress fractures in his legs.
39 - Harrison Bult - 197cm - 81kg - Key Defender can lockdown on opponents and moves well. Doesn't get much of the footy though.
43 - Brodie Romensky - 189cm - 88kg - Mr consistent. Can play midfield well and can play defense. Good leap, strong overhead and reasonable skills.
44 - Oscar Junker - 191cm - 84kg - This kid is the surprise packet of the Jets. Tall with very good skills, strong overhead and very versatile playing defense, mid or forward. He has shades of Elliot Yeo about him.
48 - Brock McGregor - 200cm - 97kg - Big Brock McGregor is becoming one of my favorite Victorian Rucks along with Lloyd Meek. Strong overhead, very mobile dispite his big frame and looks at home up forward. McGregor could become a dangerous Ruck/Forward at AFL level given a little bit of time.

Last edited:
Northern Knights

4 - Charles Roberts - 200cm, 86kg - over ager who in my opinion is quite draftable. Very good in the ruck and has had some good games around the ground and up forward. Big improver this year and would be a nice shot for a rookie selection.
7 - Mason Blakey - 182cm, 73kg - Agile defender or midfielder capable of taking strong marks overhead. Northern's Captain. Wasn't named either state or national combine but he'll have suiters particularly in the rookie draft.
9 - Lachlan Murphy - 173cm, 74kg - Capable defender with great skills and decision making, runs and carries and finds a lot of the football, stronger overhead than his size would suggest.
10 - Matthew Signorello - 184cm, 76kg - Clearance king, hard tackler, also a capable forward who is strong overhead, quite quick and has a long kick when he chooses to use it. Could be a steal if he can improve his consistency.
12 - Patrick Lipinski - 188cm, 79kg - X-factor forward or midfielder who is strong overhead, athletic and good in tight spaces. Comes from a Bball background.
13 - Luke Bunker - 185cm, 78kg - your classic no frills, get the job done style workhorse midfielder that you can depend on doing his job day in day out. Very good kick. Might be a tad slow.

18 - Sam McLarty - 193cm, 93kg - Tall swingman who is very, very strong overhead. Has done some really good jobs as a key defender this year but also has shown signs as a key forward. Where he plays will depend on who drafts him.

how athletic is Sam, has he got the other required attributes to go with his marking skills?
where is he likely to be taken in the draft?

Edit: Ridley sounds alright too

how athletic is Sam, has he got the other required attributes to go with his marking skills?
where is he likely to be taken in the draft?

Edit: Ridley sounds alright too

Athletic wise he is good, has a very good leap. He has got good skills without being outstanding enough to get the job done. As I said though his main strength is his overhead marking, he is very difficult to beat in aerial contests.

He'll go beyond 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back